Trump Announces Brutal Changes to Gov’t Worker Pay

Same with military too?
In the military, you do your duty or they throw you in jail.

Maybe we should implement that for the civilian side too. What do you say?

Depending on what you do, civilians can also see jail time .
Look up dereliction of duty. I guarantee that the punishment is always the same. You do your duty or you pay the price. Period.

Shall we apply that to the civilian workforce too?
It already is applied to civilian workers, do your job or pay the price, the price is being fired
Except that we both know that isn't true. It takes an act of God to fire a Federal employee.

Same with military too?

Look up dereliction of duty. I guarantee that the punishment is always the same. You do your duty or you pay the price. Period.

What about what’s his face who ratted out nsa spying ? He was charged with a crime.

I’m not saying it’s exactly the same as all agencies . But many fed law enforcement places mirror the military.
You can thank Obama for that. He should have spent the rest of his life in jail.

Same with military too?

It already is applied to civilian workers, do your job or pay the price, the price is being fired
Except that we both know that isn't true. It takes an act of God to fire a Federal employee.

That’s not true .

What do you think happens more . Fed employee being fired , or someone being thrown out the service ?

Same with military too?

You are correct, I was thinking of private company employees and not civilian government workers

That’s not true .

What do you think happens more . Fed employee being fired , or someone being thrown out the service ?
People being tossed out of the Military. BTW, it is true. Just ask those women in the VA who committed crimes but couldn't be fired.

Sorry, but it is beyond time that we alter the rules for federal employees and make it possible for managers to fire poor performers or those who are simply derelict.

That’s not true .

People being tossed out of the Military. BTW, it is true. Just ask those women in the VA who committed crimes but couldn't be fired.

Sorry, but it is beyond time that we alter the rules for federal employees and make it possible for managers to fire poor performers or those who are simply derelict.

Which I am not against . I just worry of the political influence.

Oh, funny you use the VA as an example . Since it’s quasi military.

I’ve known a few people who have / had worked for the federalies. They love their jobs and have a passion for the field they are in. Many can make a better living by going into the private field. But choose not too.

That was true decades ago, now government employees usually come out on top in total compensation.

I’ve known a few people who have / had worked for the federalies. They love their jobs and have a passion for the field they are in. Many can make a better living by going into the private field. But choose not too.

That was true decades ago, now government employees usually come out on top in total compensation.

I call bullflop ! Please provide an example .

Comparing the Compensation of Federal and Private-Sector Employees

Now this is more of what I was looking for out of Trump. I think this will be welcome news in particular to those federal employees that take responsibility for their work and bad news for the slackers. Not sure how effective it'll be with supervisors that rose through the system with attitude of go along to get along making the judgements. But I look at it as: if not now, when?

They are not exactly federal employees. They are enlisted or commissioned, different than the hiring process for basically any other federal employee.

They get a government paycheck for their job. They sign a contract . Semantics .
So they can quit whenever they want to right? lol...

No they can’t . They signed a contract .
NO liar, they have E-N-L-I-S-T-E-D.

Your point is what ?

Whether you join the forces or the INS you do so voluntarily. Barring a draft .

I know you want to separate the military so you can feel free to shit on public employees .

They are separate.

They get a government paycheck for their job. They sign a contract . Semantics .

Your point is what ?

I know you want to separate the military so you can feel free to shit on public employees .

They are separate.

In what way? Both are federal employees and both swear an oath of office to defend the constitution.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

This should surely drain the swamp - quickly. Pay raises based upon merit for federal workers? Unheard of.

Senior officials with the Office of Management and Budget who spoke anonymously with The Washington Times said the plan aimed to put a stop to regular, tenure-and merit-based raises for more than 1.5 million federal workers and instead focus on performance-based raises.

In other words, federal employees will now have to work hard for their raises, and those who do not perform well could be fired.

From Drain It: Trump Announces Brutal Changes to Gov't Worker Pay

Thanks to Trump, DC Bureaucrats Are About to Get a Huge Wake-Up Call @ Thanks to Trump, DC Bureaucrats Are About to Get a Huge Wake-Up Call

Trump Proposes Biggest Civil Service Change In 40 Years @ Trump Proposes Biggest Civil Service Change In 40 Years

Are the best civil servants going to be paid $10,000,000+ like in the private sector!?

Awesome!

I'm all for it, if that's the case.

Your point is what ?

They are separate.

In what way? Both are federal employees and both swear an oath of office to defend the constitution.

You don't really want it explained to you, you want another impetus to smoke spin and lie and play games like you all do. In other words you ask for an explanation that once given, you know you will deny.

Your point is what ?

They are separate.

Seriously?

Your point is what ?

They are separate.

Seriously?

Yes. As a guy that spent his entire military career working side by side with civilian federal employees, what makes them separate? Are they both not serving their country?

P

Thanks for the link .

It’s actually pretty even. Only difference is “benefits “. I imagine that’s because of union / pensions .

P

Thanks for the link .

It’s actually pretty even. Only difference is “benefits “. I imagine that’s because of union / pensions .

i said "overall compensation", and that puts most government employees well over their private counterparts.

This should surely drain the swamp - quickly. Pay raises based upon merit for federal workers? Unheard of.

Senior officials with the Office of Management and Budget who spoke anonymously with The Washington Times said the plan aimed to put a stop to regular, tenure-and merit-based raises for more than 1.5 million federal workers and instead focus on performance-based raises.

In other words, federal employees will now have to work hard for their raises, and those who do not perform well could be fired.

From Drain It: Trump Announces Brutal Changes to Gov't Worker Pay

Thanks to Trump, DC Bureaucrats Are About to Get a Huge Wake-Up Call @ Thanks to Trump, DC Bureaucrats Are About to Get a Huge Wake-Up Call

Trump Proposes Biggest Civil Service Change In 40 Years @ Trump Proposes Biggest Civil Service Change In 40 Years
Now, all you have to do is bring Federal Civil Service Pay into line (catching-up with) the Private Sector and you're all set...

Forum List

Back