Trump Announces Brutal Changes to Gov’t Worker Pay

Most of the Military has been "up or out" since the start of the Volunteer only services.

There’s no one left in the military from a draft . We have a professional military. They are government employees too.

And how does this merit thing work? Is it all political ?

Look up "up or out", someone who stays in the same grade for too long, especially officers usually take the hint and leave the service.

Look up “Afghanistan war”. 16 years later and it’s the same old shit as pretty much when we started . All the pentagon should be fired .

You are talking policy vs employee retention. Try discussing the point for once.

No. We are talking about doing a good job. I pointed out how the war has been a failure . Heads should roll . ( I realize that was a poor choice of words as soon as I typed it. Lol!)

For some fed agencies its about doing any job, or doing just enough to not get noticed. Its about bloat of the federal employment rolls.

Again, the political decisions made are made by political people. Or at least that's how it should be. Civil Servants should be cogs in a wheel, not the driver of policy.

But 50+ years of progressive and often progressive-lite policies has gotten us to where we are now,

Pay raises based upon merit for federal workers?
Alright you never Trumpers, what is wrong with merit based pay raises for anyone? Why is this a bad thing since the majority of private companies work on this system,

Devils in the details ain’t it.

For example . Say you work for the EPA . You are a really good lawyer winning all these cases . Do you get fired because Trump hates the Epa ? Winning is a bad thing!

Same with military too?

Most of the Military has been "up or out" since the start of the Volunteer only services.

There’s no one left in the military from a draft . We have a professional military. They are government employees too.

100%

They are not exactly federal employees. They are enlisted or commissioned, different than the hiring process for basically any other federal employee.
I'm talking about merit based progression. You're talking about "merit" being ultimately decided by political appointees who get their positions as rewards for partisan politicking.

Same with military too?

Military pay is established by Congress and only they can change it. Military regulations determine how promotions are considered. Demotions come under the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

Ain’t that basically the same for regular fed employees ? All agencies have standards of doing the job .

Same with military too?

100%

They are not exactly federal employees. They are enlisted or commissioned, different than the hiring process for basically any other federal employee.

They get a government paycheck for their job. They sign a contract . Semantics .
So they can quit whenever they want to right? lol...

Pay raises based upon merit for federal workers?
Alright you never Trumpers, what is wrong with merit based pay raises for anyone? Why is this a bad thing since the majority of private companies work on this system,

So explain how this works to us?

How are you going to decide merit? There is still promotion among federal workers.

So does Muller get a bonus if he puts half the white house away for 20 years? Who decides how much he gets?

Does Muller get a drive by arrest bonus too? Like if he spots someone breaking a federal law and brings them in...

So do you get paid by:
Arrest
Conviction
Plea deal

If you work on a team how is the money divided out? How do you figure out inter-department arrests?

How much do the accountants get paid cause they are a whack lot with all this extra work...

100%

They get a government paycheck for their job. They sign a contract . Semantics .

No they can’t . They signed a contract .

and remember the hiring freeze
these 2 ALONE make Trump the first POTUS to make common sense/super necessary decisions!!!!!!!!!!
this should have been done YEARS ago!!!!
WINNER

100%

NO liar, they have E-N-L-I-S-T-E-D.

NO liar, they have E-N-L-I-S-T-E-D.

Your point is what ?

Whether you join the forces or the INS you do so voluntarily. Barring a draft .

I know you want to separate the military so you can feel free to shit on public employees .

Same with military too?

100%

I'm talking about merit based progression. You're talking about "merit" being ultimately decided by political appointees who get their positions as rewards for partisan politicking.

Only at the Joint Chiefs level and the area commands is there a political process beyond just confirmation by congress (generals).

If a Major sucks at being a Major, they usually don't make it to Lt. Colonel.

Up or out.

Same with military too?

Actually, what you are calling the "up or out" program is really called High Year Tenure. It means that you have to make a certain rank by a certain time, or you are told you cannot reenlist.

High Year Tenure - Wikipedia

High Year of Tenure (HYT) is a term used by the United States Armed Forces to describe the maximum number of years an enlisted member may serve before they must separate or retire.[1] HYT is applicable to enlisted of all five military branches of the United States.

Officers are not subject to HYT, but are instead limited to statutory service limits by pay grade.[2] See Defense Officer Personnel Management Act for officer information.

In the United States Army, soldiers will finish their enlistment contract if they exceed HYT unless they are reduced in rank.[3]

If you are interested in seeing what the time limits are for the various ranks, the link provides that information. You can't go more than 10 years in the Navy if you are an E4.

I’ve known a few people who have / had worked for the federalies. They love their jobs and have a passion for the field they are in. Many can make a better living by going into the private field. But choose not too.

Same with military too?
In the military, you do your duty or they throw you in jail.

Maybe we should implement that for the civilian side too. What do you say?

Depending on what you do, civilians can also see jail time .
Look up dereliction of duty. I guarantee that the punishment is always the same. You do your duty or you pay the price. Period.

Shall we apply that to the civilian workforce too?

Same with military too?

Look up dereliction of duty. I guarantee that the punishment is always the same. You do your duty or you pay the price. Period.

What about what’s his face who ratted out nsa spying ? He was charged with a crime.

I’m not saying it’s exactly the same as all agencies . But many fed law enforcement places mirror the military.

Same with military too?

It already is applied to civilian workers, do your job or pay the price, the price is being fired

What do you think is going to happen to our economy if he start cutting pay and firing workers?

Dumb fucking idiots

Forum List

Back