Trump asinine flip flop.

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011

A couple months ago this company was the biggest national security threat we faced from China.....

Now? All is good in Mayberry? Seriously? I love the REAL Barney Fife but Trump needs to stop fucking emulating him.

A couple months ago this company was the biggest national security threat we faced from China.....

Now? All is good in Mayberry? Seriously? I love the REAL Barney Fife but Trump needs to stop fucking emulating him.

China been good. China pay billions in tarriffs and wonder why nobody called them on their lopsided trades before. They happy pay overdue tarriffs. All Good, Granpa. :D

All loyal and patriotic Americans back our wonderful Pres.Trump because he is an economic genius and a world class negotiator. .... :thup:

Last edited:

China been good. China pay billions in tarriffs and wonder why nobody called them on their lopsided trades before. They happy pay overdue tarriffs. All Good, Granpa. :D

Could you show us one cent China actually paid the US Government in Tarrifs?

Selling that spy network chips doesn't compromise our security....buying their platform definitely does and Trump wouldn't do that. The chips they buy are on the market from other countries....we just happen to make the best ones. For that and not imposing more tariffs, the President got a whopping big sale of soy beans, corn, and other crops to the slants. Now the Rats can't claim the President let down the farmers...they're now shittin in tall cotton....so to speak. :lol:

Could you show us one cent China actually paid the US Government in Tarrifs?

“Let me be very clear: Tariffs are taxes paid by American families and American businesses – not by foreigners,” Thomas Donohue, president of the US Chamber of Commerce, said in his annual state of American business address last week.
Yes, Trump’s China tariffs are raising billions. No, China isn’t paying

You didn't think we were getting off Scot free, did you, Cowboy Ted? Any time prices are raised, the customer in the retail checkout line are paying it.

When China is paid, it then pays its tariffs.

The point of the tariffs was to encourage businesses to bring manufacturing jobs back to America because companies moving out of the USA into foreign countries was stealing American jobs. This was about bringing American jobs back here. In my humble opinion.

Boy those Demmie spin rooms sure do get you guys all worked up, don't they. :lmao:

“Let me be very clear: Tariffs are taxes paid by American families and American businesses – not by foreigners,” Thomas Donohue, president of the US Chamber of Commerce, said in his annual state of American business address last week.

You didn't think we were getting off Scot free, did you, Cowboy Ted? Any time prices are raised, the customer in the retail checkout line are paying it.

The point of the tariffs was to encourage businesses to bring manufacturing jobs back to America because companies moving out of the USA into foreign countries was stealing American jobs. This was about bringing American jobs back here. In my humble opinion.

Boy those Demmie spin rooms sure do get you guys all worked up, don't they. :lmao:

Mostly true...the tariff is paid by whoever takes possession of the product (the wholesaler) on the dock, long before the consumer ever sees it. It's up to him whether or not to pass the increase on to the customer. So far they haven't been, which gives you an idea about how large the profit margin is for importers of China junk.

Mostly true...the tariff is paid by whoever takes possession of the product (the wholesaler) on the dock, long before the consumer ever sees it. It's up to him whether or not to pass the increase on to the customer. So far they haven't been, which gives you an idea about how large the profit margin is for importers of China junk.
Well, it definitely used to be junk, now it is just sewn items that don't fit American women unless they are as tiny as Chinese women. And their choice of threads cuts blisters into skin after about the 10th washing and drying by machine.

There is one shining exception, however--cotton textiles manufactured in China are fine and quite lovely to work with in quilting. Many of their cotton goods are popular in Europe where people pay $30 a yard for some of them. Over here, the average is about $12, and it goes up by about a dollar a yard per annum lately.

The downside of the cotton textile industry was a company named Dan River Plaids. They were the best of the best and manufactured in Danville, VA. It was a truly sad day for everyone here, because each piece was a work of art, and you could make your man a shirt with your own hands that he would wear for a lifetime. There have never been better, more beloved plaids for everyday wear that were sturdy, warm in winter, cool in summer, absolutely perfect and most beautiful ever loomed plaids. I toast the best textile manufacturer we ever had right here in the USA. Heaven would be someone bringing Dan River quality plaids back. They're such amazing goods. I inherited my love for sewing them from my mother. She made beautiful shirts for the men in the family from Dan River plaids, bless her dear soul.

Well, it definitely used to be junk, now it is just sewn items that don't fit American women unless they are as tiny as Chinese women. And their choice of threads cuts blisters into skin after about the 10th washing and drying by machine.

There is one shining exception, however--cotton textiles manufactured in China are fine and quite lovely to work with in quilting. Many of their cotton goods are popular in Europe where people pay $30 a yard for some of them. Over here, the average is about $12, and it goes up by about a dollar a yard per annum lately.

The downside of the cotton textile industry was a company named Dan River Plaids. They were the best of the best and manufactured in Danville, VA. It was a truly sad day for everyone here, because each piece was a work of art, and you could make your man a shirt with your own hands that he would wear for a lifetime. There have never been better, more beloved plaids for everyday wear that were sturdy, warm in winter, cool in summer, absolutely perfect and most beautiful ever loomed plaids. I toast the best textile manufacturer we ever had right here in the USA. Heaven would be someone bringing Dan River quality plaids back. They're such amazing goods. I inherited my love for sewing them from my mother. She made beautiful shirts for the men in the family from Dan River plaids, bless her dear soul.

I was in the imprinted sportswear business for 30 years and saw that business move offshore from the Carolinas. The quality was okay at first but then the sizes got smaller and you had to buy in a 1-2-2-1 S-XL from some suppliers. These days they don't even sew in a label....just screen-print the size and origin on the inside of the back. Our cotton is the finest in the world, like our timber is, but it's being sent abroad raw for slave labor to turn into finished products. Hopefully Trump takes on those two industries soon....it's a shame we're being sold some asian version of our ourselves.

I was in the imprinted sportswear business for 30 years and saw that business move offshore from the Carolinas. The quality was okay at first but then the sizes got smaller and you had to buy in a 1-2-2-1 S-XL from some suppliers. These days they don't even sew in a label....just screen-print the size and origin on the inside of the back. Our cotton is the finest in the world, like our timber is, but it's being sent abroad raw for slave labor to turn into finished products. Hopefully Trump takes on those two industries soon....it's a shame we're being sold some asian version of our ourselves.
Yes, it's a hard business, Will. I no longer mind thin but densely woven cottons when they're smoothe and pleasant to the touch. However, when I lived in Wyoming, those southern US Cottons were second to none for keeping people warm in the winter. Farmers today probably make more money off marijuana until its side effects become better known after generations of people having lifelong cognitive issues with its heavy use. They have the same smoking hazards as nicotine if inhaled, but delayed development in young kids and cognitive issues the next generation is going to have to deal with, and it ain't gonna be pretty from what I found in medical journals in the 80s when I was researching hallucinogens and their partner drugs. It carries a synergistic effect when using anything else to make life "pleasant," as if early death from overuse were pleasant. :(

Forum List

Back