Trump Asks Betsy DeVos to Study Fed Overreach in Education

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Excellent move. It's the opposite of fascism, but the left will spin it that way anyway.

President Trump signed an executive order on Wednesday calling on the Education Department to study whether the federal government has overstepped state and local control of education.

“We know that local communities do it best and know it best,” Trump said during a signing ceremony on Wednesday, according to the White House press pool. “Previous administrations have wrongly forced states and schools to comply with federal whims and dictates for what our kids are taught. The time has come to empower teachers and parents to make the decisions that help their students achieve success.”

Under the executive order, Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos will have 300 days to review any regulations or guidance that might be deemed as overstepping the federal department’s bounds.

President Trump signed an executive order on Wednesday calling on the Education Department to study whether the federal government has overstepped state and local control of education.

“We know that local communities do it best and know it best,” Trump said during a signing ceremony on Wednesday, according to the White House press pool. “Previous administrations have wrongly forced states and schools to comply with federal whims and dictates for what our kids are taught. The time has come to empower teachers and parents to make the decisions that help their students achieve success.”

Under the executive order, Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos will have 300 days to review any regulations or guidance that might be deemed as overstepping the federal department’s bounds.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/t...ederal-overreach-in-education/article/2621365

It would be better if she studied some of the things that would help her do her job. I watched the hearings. She didn't have the slightest idea how to go about it.

It would be better if she studied some of the things that would help her do her job. I watched the hearings. She didn't have the slightest idea how to go about it.
"Doing her job" as defined in Leftardism is trying to make children as stupid as possible and train them to be sheep.
"Doing her job" is something that you cannot say about Betsy Devos, since she's never had one.

Righttt. Her degree only comes from the #1 ranked college in the midwest by US News.
This will probably be the first time she's studied anything.

What does business economics have to do with heading an education department. It's not a business, and it would be stupid to try to run it as one.

"Doing her job" as defined in Leftardism is trying to make children as stupid as possible and train them to be sheep.
"Doing her job" is something that you cannot say about Betsy Devos, since she's never had one.
Eleventy bazillion kids will die now because DeVos is running the Dept of Edjewkation.

Righttt. Her degree only comes from the #1 ranked college in the midwest by US News.

What does business economics have to do with heading an education department. It's not a business, and it would be stupid to try to run it as one.
What does community organizing have to do with being the leader of the free world?

Eleventy bazillion kids will die now because DeVos is running the Dept of Edjewkation.
Eleventy bazillion? You must have undergone a Betsy Devos style of education.

No.They just won't get the best education possible. That is a tragedy, even if you don't think so.

What does community organizing have to do with being the leader of the free world?

You understand that Obama isn't the president any more,,,,,,,right?

That is her job. A cabinet position fulfills the wishes of the president. Education is a mess and people like you think doing the same thing will get different results.

It isn't a cash cow either. Yes, we fully understand people running it before had no sense of economics. Time to fix it.

Not anymore. Attacks from grizzlies have decreased dramatically since her confirmation. :lol:

You understand that Obama isn't the president any more,,,,,,,right?
You set the standards with Obama, live with it because it's going to be rubbed in your noses for decades.

She probably isn't the best person for the job, but it is her job..
At least it is being looked at.
Good news.

Why is a bedwetters answer always the federal government? Mother fuckers cant handle shit. Hell, they make a career out of STARTING problems.. People are insane.

Are you serious? Really? Bill Clinton's pick had fewer qualifications than she has. Did you raise a stink then?
She worked in the schools for 15 years as a mentor. She is on the Board of a number of educational institutes.

Actually 'business economics' should be very much looked at when heading the Education Dept. The Education Dept effectively runs a bank for student loans (i think it is about $85 billion), so the usual banking issues occur, ability to repay, bad debts, early payment.....

But she didn't know that earlier.. She looked clueless when answering the questions...

But as soon as she got in she attempted to screw it up:
DeVos dials back consumer protections for student loan borrowers

This woman will destroy public education.

Forum List

Back