Trump Caravan, Police, Sued in Texas

I could do this all day long,,

but you go ahead with your singular event,,
Too bad yours is BS, bigot boi

Are you vaccinated?
WYEHO?

Need a picture at least brah?
You will have to piece several together. Her fat ass wont fit in one frame.

So YAHO.

Lawsuits are filed and settled all the time, few ever make it to court and I doubt this will go anywhere, it would be interesting to see where it ends up.

Too bad yours is BS, bigot boi

Are you vaccinated?
WYEHO?

Need a picture at least brah?
You will have to piece several together. Her fat ass wont fit in one frame.

So YAHO.
Jimmy! :lol:

What is your point? One crime doesn't cancel out another. You are playing a very juvenile tit-for-tat game. I doubt that any of these people allegedly attempting to cause an auto accident in Texas even knew anything about any incidents in NYC or San Francisco. You seem like you are pro crime. I'm not. Somebody could have gotten seriously hurt or killed.

So, can we sue Twitter or Facebook under that law?

If not, why not?
Because no one is threatened or intimidated by Twitter or Facebook.
That's not the law.

42 U.S.C. § 1983 :

Every person who under color of any statute, ordinance, regulation, custom, or usage, of any State or Territory or the District of Columbia, subjects, or causes to be subjected, any citizen of the United States or other person within the jurisdiction thereof to the deprivation of any rights, privileges, or immunities secured by the Constitution and laws, shall be liable to the party injured in an action at law, Suit in equity, or other proper proceeding for redress, except that in any action brought against a judicial officer for an act or omission taken in such officer's judicial capacity, injunctive relief shall not be granted unless a declaratory decree was violated or declaratory relief was unavailable. For the purposes of this section, any Act of Congress applicable exclusively to the District of Columbia shall be considered to be a statute of the District of Columbia.

Good. Put some in jail, and fine them BIGLY!

Good. Put some in jail, and fine them BIGLY!

I hope somebody can explain to you the difference between suing and winning?

Either way the defendants are broke. Legal fees are a monster.

You know this how?

I know lawyers. I signed up for USCCA to cover the costs of a lawsuit if I ever shot someone in self defense.

Lawsuits are filed and settled all the time, few ever make it to court and I doubt this will go anywhere, it would be interesting to see where it ends up.

This one will probably make it to Court. The Trump Train were explicit in their intention. To prevent the political rally and stop the bus from arriving.

That violates the KKK act. The act specifically authorized monetary damages.

As for lawyers fees. To go through Discovery and all the motions and then the trial. Figure a quarter million. That is for each defendant unless they wish to pool their resources and get one lawyer to represent them all.

If the Plaintiff wins. The jury award is in addition to their legal fees.

The Bankruptcy Reform passed by Bush said that you can’t write off debt as individuals anymore. So the defendants will be working for the plaintiffs for years to pay off the award.

That comes to a lot of money. And the loser of the lawsuit is liable for the legal fees of the winner.

How many of them have a couple million dollars laying around they don’t mind paying for a morning of joyriding?

This one will probably make it to Court. The Trump Train were explicit in their intention. To prevent the political rally and stop the bus from arriving.
There's no evidence of that and they cannot generally blame that on a political candidate who was not there, absent some concrete evidence Trump ordered them to "prevent" the bus from arriving.

So, can we sue Twitter or Facebook under that law?

If not, why not?
Because no one is threatened or intimidated by Twitter or Facebook.
That's not the law.

42 U.S.C. § 1983 :

Every person who under color of any statute, ordinance, regulation, custom, or usage, of any State or Territory or the District of Columbia, subjects, or causes to be subjected, any citizen of the United States or other person within the jurisdiction thereof to the deprivation of any rights, privileges, or immunities secured by the Constitution and laws, shall be liable to the party injured in an action at law, Suit in equity, or other proper proceeding for redress, except that in any action brought against a judicial officer for an act or omission taken in such officer's judicial capacity, injunctive relief shall not be granted unless a declaratory decree was violated or declaratory relief was unavailable. For the purposes of this section, any Act of Congress applicable exclusively to the District of Columbia shall be considered to be a statute of the District of Columbia.
Cool.

As for lawyers fees. To go through Discovery and all the motions and then the trial. Figure a quarter million. That is for each defendant unless they wish to pool their resources and get one lawyer to represent them all.

The Bankruptcy Reform passed by Bush said that you can’t write off debt as individuals anymore. So the defendants will be working for the plaintiffs for years to pay off the award.

That comes to a lot of money. And the loser of the lawsuit is liable for the legal fees of the winner.

How many of them have a couple million dollars laying around they don’t mind paying for a morning of joyriding?
You are grossly overstating the process and the likely penalties.

There's no evidence of that and they cannot generally blame that on a political candidate who was not there, absent some concrete evidence Trump ordered them to "prevent" the bus from arriving.

They are suing the people in the Trump train. They can prove that easily. The idiots filmed themselves doing it snd posted it on their own accounts.

You could be right, I think it gets settled long before it sees a courtroom.

Forum List

Back