Trump Changes Tune On Russian Lawyer Meeting: 'Maybe It Was Mentioned'

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
Source: Talking Points Memo

By MATT SHUHAM Published JULY 13, 2017 4:53 PM
President Donald Trump said Wednesday that he may have previously heard about his son and top campaign staff meeting with a Russian lawyer in June 2016, a stunning contradiction of his earlier statements on the matter.

QuoteEmails released Tuesday by Donald Trump Jr., ahead of a New York Times story on the same messages, show the President’s son responding enthusiastically to the promise of dirt on Hillary Clinton provided as part of a Russian government effort to aide his father’s campaign.
On Wednesday afternoon, Trump told Reuters that “No. That I didn’t know. Until a couple of days ago, when I heard about this. No I didn’t know about that,” referring to the meeting between Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya and Donald Trump Jr., Jared Kushner and Paul Manafort.

Trump changed his tune later in the day, when he told reporters on Air Force One: “In fact maybe it was mentioned at some point,” referring to the meeting. (Reporters on the plane initially thought the conversation was off-the-record, but the President said otherwise on Thursday.) Asked whether he had been told the meeting was about Hillary Clinton and dirt against her, Trump said no, according to a White House pool report. On Thursday, Trump called the meeting “very standard.”

Read more: Trump Changes Tune On Russian Lawyer Meeting: 'Maybe It Was Mentioned'

wow, this guys quite the liar!

President Donald Trump said Wednesday that he may have previously heard about his son and top campaign staff meeting with a Russian lawyer in June 2016, a stunning contradiction of his earlier statements on the matter.

QuoteEmails released Tuesday by Donald Trump Jr., ahead of a New York Times story on the same messages, show the President’s son responding enthusiastically to the promise of dirt on Hillary Clinton provided as part of a Russian government effort to aide his father’s campaign.
On Wednesday afternoon, Trump told Reuters that “No. That I didn’t know. Until a couple of days ago, when I heard about this. No I didn’t know about that,” referring to the meeting between Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya and Donald Trump Jr., Jared Kushner and Paul Manafort.

Trump changed his tune later in the day, when he told reporters on Air Force One: “In fact maybe it was mentioned at some point,” referring to the meeting. (Reporters on the plane initially thought the conversation was off-the-record, but the President said otherwise on Thursday.) Asked whether he had been told the meeting was about Hillary Clinton and dirt against her, Trump said no, according to a White House pool report. On Thursday, Trump called the meeting “very standard.”

Read more: Trump Changes Tune On Russian Lawyer Meeting: 'Maybe It Was Mentioned'

Yeah.....since it was such a big nothing burger it must have slipped his mind.
Maybe he needs to take lying lessons from Hillary.

Got a date on H. Clinton's indictments yet?

The latest Russian narrative is as full of holes as the first ones were. Give it up already

Of course daddy knew. Just a few hours after Junior accepted an invitation to receive some dirt on Clinton from the Russian government, daddy was on TV announcing he was going to release said dirt.

Of course he knew about it. Junior accepted the invitation, and invited Trump's son-in-law and Trump's campaign manager to join him at the meeting.

No doubt daddy knew all about it. He couldn't wait to tell the world he was going to be springing a big surprise on them.

Go to 7:10 in the video below. This is just a couple hours after Junior accepted the meeting with the Russian cutout. Trump couldn't wait to tell the world he was about to drop a bombshell about Clinton. He departs from his prepared teleprompter speech at 7:10 to talk about it.

His son clearly told him he was about to get some dirt on Clinton from the Russian government.

Of course daddy knew. Just a few hours after Junior accepted an invitation to receive some dirt on Clinton from the Russian government, daddy was on TV announcing he was going to release said dirt.

Of course he knew about it. Junior accepted the invitation, and invited Trump's son-in-law and Trump's campaign manager to join him at the meeting.

No doubt daddy knew all about it. He couldn't wait to tell the world he was going to be springing a big surprise on them.

Sure, Jake

Nothing illegal and nothing treasonous. THE HORSE IS FUCKING DEAD. Give it a break left wing loons.

:lol:

And of course you personally have the memos that prove it.

Got a date on H. Clinton's indictments yet?
Since when do indictments have predetermined dates??

Ew, that is "stunning". I'd start impeachment proceedings if I were liberal. They're still breathing so haven't done themselves in yet.

Go to 7:10 in the video below. This is just a couple hours after Junior accepted the meeting with the Russian cutout. Trump couldn't wait to tell the world he was about to drop a bombshell about Clinton. He departs from his prepared teleprompter speech at 7:10 to talk about it.

His son clearly told him he was about to get some dirt on Clinton from the Russian government.

Is there something wrong with learning about Hillary's corrupt and illegal dealings?

You people act like Trump Jr. was selling uranium to the Russians for personal profit.

You gotta love the irony!

Trump: It didn't happen!
Trump: It's fake news!
Trump: The media is on a witch hunt!
Trump: They are making this all up!

Trump: Okay, so there was a meeting, but nothing happened!
This is a little more serious than telling us he didn't have sex with that woman and it turns out he got a blow job.

Forum List

Back