Trump classified documents case dismissed. Jack Smith loses again.

She's now proven herself to be a hack in Trump's back pocket. She cites lack of Congress playing a role in selecting a special counsel but Congress did play a role when they passed...

§ 600.1

Grounds for appointing a Special Counsel.

The Attorney General, or in cases in which the Attorney General is recused, the Acting Attorney General, will appoint a Special Counsel when he or she determines that criminal investigation of a person or matter is warranted and—

(a) That investigation or prosecution of that person or matter by a United States Attorney's Office or litigating Division of the Department of Justice would present a conflict of interest for the Department or other extraordinary circumstances; and

(b) That under the circumstances, it would be in the public interest to appoint an outside Special Counsel to assume responsibility for the matter.

There have been close to 50 such Counsels appointed over the years and every motion to dismiss for this reason has been rejected until today. I have no doubt this will be appealed and no doubt it will be overturned.

She's now proven herself to be a hack in Trump's back pocket. She cites lack of Congress playing a role in selecting a special counsel but Congress did play a role when they passed...

Grounds for appointing a Special Counsel.
The Attorney General, or in cases in which the Attorney General is recused, the Acting Attorney General, will appoint a Special Counsel when he or she determines that criminal investigation of a person or matter is warranted and—
(a) That investigation or prosecution of that person or matter by a United States Attorney's Office or litigating Division of the Department of Justice would present a conflict of interest for the Department or other extraordinary circumstances; and
(b) That under the circumstances, it would be in the public interest to appoint an outside Special Counsel to assume responsibility for the matter.

There have been close to 50 such Counsels appointed over the years and every motion to dismiss for this reason has been rejected until today. I have no doubt this will be appealed and no doubt it will be overturned.
She never said a special counsel couldn't or shouldn't of been appointed here. Try to learn what the issues are before posting

Yawn.
Was anybody expexting anything less from Eileen Cannon's court?
Smith of course will appeal this to The 11th Circuit and he will win.
Then Trump will appeal that ruling to The SCOTUS and he will lose based upon the fact that Cannon is unqualified to be ruling on this case in the first place as evidenced by The 11th Circuit having already reversed her rulings in the past.
This latest Cannon ruling is a nothingburger.
Nothing to celebrate.
Its just more delaying tactics by a judge on Trump’s pocket

This would over turn 25 years of precedent regarding Special prosecutors

She never said a special counsel couldn't or shouldn't of been appointed here. Try to learn what the issues are before posting

You're utterly confused. That's not what I said, moron. She said the Attorney General has no authority to appoint a Special Counsel without Congress playing a role in the appointment because it violates the appointment clause of the Constitution. Her ruling will be summarily thrown out on appeal for several reasons. One, the law I showed was passed by Congress as authorized under the appointment clause. Two, precedent. This argument has never prevailed. Three, the appointment clause pertains to "Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States?" of which Jack Smith is not any of those.

You're utterly confused. That's not what I said, moron. She said the Attorney General has no authority to appoint a Special Counsel without Congress playing a role in the appointment because it violates the appointment clause of the Constitution. Her ruling will be summarily thrown out on appeal for several reasons. One, the law I showed was passed by Congress as authorized under the appointment clause. Two, precedent. This argument has never prevailed. Three, the appointment clause pertains to "Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States?" of which Jack Smith is not any of those.
Correct, when that Special Prosecutor is a principal officer, an acting like a US Attorney.

Correct, when that Special Prosecutor is a principal officer, an acting like a US Attorney.

He was not acting as the Attorney General nor was he a principal officer. He was working for him. Just as every other Special Counsel appointed by an Attorney General.

true, but not all are in Court prosecuting cases, for example, Mueller.
He went to court plenty of times to secure evidence and testimony from unwilling witnesses in the Trump Administration. He didn't bring his case to court because his reasoning was that Congress had to remove Trump from office first not because he was unable to otherwise.

So sorry twatwaffel, that statute doesn't provide the authority to appoint a special counsel, only when one should be appointed.

He went to court plenty of times to secure evidence and testimony from unwilling witnesses in the Trump Administration. He didn't bring his case to court because his reasoning was that Congress had to remove Trump from office first not because he was unable to otherwise.
show me one case he went to court and tried.....one....

He was not acting as the Attorney General nor was he a principal officer. He was working for him. Just as every other Special Counsel appointed by an Attorney General.
I didn't say he was acting as the Attorney General, nor did the Court. Try again.

He was acting as a US Attorney, they all have to get confirmed.

When was he ever in Court trying a case? Correct, he was running an investigation, but reporting to Deputy AG. Smith was not, he was trying cases

Which made it ILLEGAL you illiterate clod!

Forum List

Back