Trump Disparages Testing

And lastly the experts told us that the wearing of a mask is only for people who are infected with the virus to try and mitigate the chances of passing it on to people who are not infected. This is why Trump doesn't wear a mask, because he is not infected
And also because he does not approve of leading by example.
And his extremely fragile ego will not allow mask wearing, because that is for babies.
Strange days, it still is an individual right, who cares if he wears one or not? Seems only the liberals.

I am seeing a pattern through all of this. Liberals want to be taken care of from the cradle to the grave.
And, they like to be led around like sheep.
No. We are listening to the doctors and scientists and following their advice.

Trump is going with his gut. While massive, I'm not sure his gut has the education required to properly respond to a pandemic. He should listen to his experts.

He should LEAD, and stop acting like a petulant toddler.
It really does depend on which "scientists" and which "Doctors" you're willing to listen to.
I listen to Fauci and Birx. These are Trump's experts.

Has he fired them already?
Fauci and his predictions have been wrong nearly every single time.
Ask Trump why he hasn't fired him, I'm just glad that he doesn't listen to him that much.
I would have canned his ass
Yes, how lucky we are to have a President who uses tax $ to pay experts so he can ignore them.

And how wise to trot them out to advise the public when they are so obviously stupid, right?
Well, just disregard that Fauci has been wrong on nearly every one of his predictions.
I don't reward his failure like you do.
Fauci has the credentials. So does Birx. Trump is a moron with zero experience in the health field. You decide who you want to trust when dealing with a deadly new virus.

I think the modeling issue is just a basic lack of understanding on your part.

The models are based on certain, future, predicted behaviors. When those behaviors change (due to mitigation, or lack thereof), the modeling changes. It is a difficult concept for Trumpers to comprehend.
Whatever you say, professor. :auiqs.jpg:
Wrong again, bless your heart.

You don't have to be a professor to understand how modeling works. Maybe these links can help you. Although it seems like you have an aversion to knowledge, which puts you in the basket with all the other ignorant Trumpers.

COVID-19 model FAQs

How To Make Sense of All The COVID-19 Projections? A New Model Combines Them

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Professor, there are Doctors and scientists that have disagreed with your boy Fauci all along. Like Paul said, Fauci isn't the be all, end all to this pandemic.
So bite on that with your condescending attitude asshole. But, you're more than welcome to your opinion.....and that's all it is in the end, isn't it?

And lastly the experts told us that the wearing of a mask is only for people who are infected with the virus to try and mitigate the chances of passing it on to people who are not infected. This is why Trump doesn't wear a mask, because he is not infected
And his extremely fragile ego will not allow mask wearing, because that is for babies.
Strange days, it still is an individual right, who cares if he wears one or not? Seems only the liberals.

I am seeing a pattern through all of this. Liberals want to be taken care of from the cradle to the grave.

Trump is going with his gut. While massive, I'm not sure his gut has the education required to properly respond to a pandemic. He should listen to his experts.

It really does depend on which "scientists" and which "Doctors" you're willing to listen to.

Ask Trump why he hasn't fired him, I'm just glad that he doesn't listen to him that much.
Yes, how lucky we are to have a President who uses tax $ to pay experts so he can ignore them.

And how wise to trot them out to advise the public when they are so obviously stupid, right?
Well, just disregard that Fauci has been wrong on nearly every one of his predictions.
Fauci has the credentials. So does Birx. Trump is a moron with zero experience in the health field. You decide who you want to trust when dealing with a deadly new virus.

The models are based on certain, future, predicted behaviors. When those behaviors change (due to mitigation, or lack thereof), the modeling changes. It is a difficult concept for Trumpers to comprehend.

You don't have to be a professor to understand how modeling works. Maybe these links can help you. Although it seems like you have an aversion to knowledge, which puts you in the basket with all the other ignorant Trumpers.

COVID-19 model FAQs

Professor, there are Doctors and scientists that have disagreed with your boy Fauci all along. Like Paul said, Fauci isn't the be all, end all to this pandemic.
So bite on that with your condescending attitude asshole. But, you're more than welcome to your opinion.....and that's all it is in the end, isn't it?
You should expect condescension when you are deliberately obtuse. I'm sure you understand full well how modeling works. But it doesn't fit your narrative so you pretend that it's all devil magic.

Fauci and Birx are well-respected experts with a lifetime of experience. I can see why Trump chose them. Too bad he is too stupid to listen to them.

Anthony Fauci - Wikipedia

Deborah Birx - Wikipedia

COVID-19 model FAQs

You should expect condescension when you are deliberately obtuse. I'm sure you understand full well how modeling works. But it doesn't fit your narrative so you pretend that it's all devil magic.

Fauci and Birx are well-respected experts with a lifetime of experience. I can see why Trump chose them. Too bad he is too stupid to listen to them.

Anthony Fauci - Wikipedia

Deborah Birx - Wikipedia
Your opinion, dude, your opinion, others disagree with you and so do I.

There's a pretty simple, yet self-defeating, reason for Trump not to be promoting testing. Remember how he didn't want those folks on a cruise ship to leave the ship because it meant the number of COVID cases in the US would go up. He didn't give a shit about getting treatment for people or relieving their anxiety. He just saw higher numbers as bad for him.

So too with more testing. Would it save lives? Undoubtedly yes. Will it result in more confirmed cases? Yes. It's pretty clear what Capt. Clorox's misguided priorities are............even though more testing will ultimately lead to a safer, more sustainable re-opening of the economy.

There's a pretty simple, yet self-defeating, reason for Trump not to be promoting testing. Remember how he didn't want those folks on a cruise ship to leave the ship because it meant the number of COVID cases in the US would go up. He didn't give a shit about getting treatment for people or relieving their anxiety. He just saw higher numbers as bad for him.

So too with more testing. Would it save lives? Undoubtedly yes. Will it result in more confirmed cases? Yes. It's pretty clear what Capt. Clorox's misguided priorities are............even though more testing will ultimately lead to a safer, more sustainable re-opening of the economy.

so tell us, how much testing would be enough? Lets say I get tested this morning and test negative, then this afternoon I get coughed on in the grocery store and catch it. What good did the test do?

Are you suggesting that we test 330 million people every morning before they are allowed to leave their homes? How exactly would that work and how much would it cost?

He just SAID it the other day

"More tests...more cases" ..."Less tests less cases". The "cases" will still be there...we just won't KNOW it without tests

so tell us, how much testing would be enough? Lets say I get tested this morning and test negative, then this afternoon I get coughed on in the grocery store and catch it. What good did the test do?
Enough that we can test ALL at risk people. That we can randomly test so we know where the virus is and where it is not.

Does it have a personal benefit to you? Is THAT the point?

It has SOME benefit to you...and more to the people you come in contact with. If you are tested and found to be infected but asymptomatic it SHOULD prevent your from infected 10-20 other people

It will tell doctors how to treat you when symptoms appear

And it is KNOWLEDGE. Without it we are blind to the enemy

How much more? A LOT more. A million tests a day? Maybe. Maybe more

We ARE supposedly the Greatest country on the planet. You seem to think we are something less than that

COVID-19 model FAQs

yqkv4c032fz41.jpg

USA greatest country?
coronavirus response is like 3rd world country.

Enough that we can test ALL at risk people. That we can randomly test so we know where the virus is and where it is not.

It has SOME benefit to you...and more to the people you come in contact with. If you are tested and found to be infected but asymptomatic it SHOULD prevent your from infected 10-20 other people

We ARE supposedly the Greatest country on the planet. You seem to think we are something less than that

yeah sure, and when pigs fly pig shit will come down like rain.

We already have the capability to test everyone with symptoms and all at risk people. That is happening as we speak.

I really wish you lefties would stop the partisan bullshit and deal with reality. Trump will get reelected in November, nothing you can say or do will change that. So deal with that reality first.

Then deal with the reality that there is no way to test 330 million people every morning before they leave their homes.

Next, deal with the reality that this virus is no where near as bad and deadly as we were originally told. Sure, the old and sick are vulnerable to it, but those people are vulnerable to everything.

You are advocating that we destroy our economy and save China's because of a virus that has been way overplayed by our partisan media and the big pharma companies, the Chinese, and the WHO.

"If we didn't as much testing we would have very few cases. It's common sense"

No Mr. President...the cases would still be there...we just wouldn't know who had it. THAT is common sense
He is right. It’s not the be all and end all. Herd immunity is. Almost 1/4 our workforce is unemployed. Almost zero deaths for those under 59 and without a cormorbidity. Open the economy.

So you all for "only the strong will survive".
That is how the world works. Right now if deaths in the US increased by 10x we would lose 2 people per 1,000. That is if they increase 10 fold.
Yes it works that way without medicine, doctors and nurses. Its a good way of getting rid of the aged, poor folks and disabled, whoever can't fend for themselves and are a strain on society.
Nope. You just made that up to fit your narrative.

No, you've been very clear in your motive. Throw grandma and grandpa under the bus, and get rid of those with "pre-existing" conditions who raise health insurance costs for the young and the healthy. The Texas Lt. Governor even suggested that older people "sacrifice themselves" for their grandchildren.

As an asshole I used to know once said of AIDS "A disease that kills only queer and Haitians can't be all bad". This one kills minorities and the elderly. Win/win for you on both scores. Because that's just the kind of asshole YOU are.

We already have the capability to test everyone with symptoms and all at risk people. That is happening as we speak.

I really wish you lefties would stop the partisan bullshit and deal with reality. Trump will get reelected in November, nothing you can say or do will change that. So deal with that reality first.

Then deal with the reality that there is no way to test 330 million people every morning before they leave their homes.

Next, deal with the reality that this virus is no where near as bad and deadly as we were originally told. Sure, the old and sick are vulnerable to it, but those people are vulnerable to everything.

You are advocating that we destroy our economy and save China's because of a virus that has been way overplayed by our partisan media and the big pharma companies, the Chinese, and the WHO.

You don't have the capability to test all people nor are you doing it. Testing is a messy patchwork with many tests not working as advertized. Shortages in testing supplies compounds the problems.

If you were doing testing, the death count would not be continuing to climb. You now have over 1.1 million active cases and that number continues to rise. You do have close to 450,000 closed cases, but nearly a quarter of your closed cases have died - 91,000 people. 91,000 families are mourning loved ones. If even 20% of your active cases suffer the same fate, that another 200,000 Americans who will be dead by the 4th of July.

We are advocating that you pause your economy for a few months to save AMERICAN lives.

No Mr. President...the cases would still be there...we just wouldn't know who had it. THAT is common sense
He is right. It’s not the be all and end all. Herd immunity is. Almost 1/4 our workforce is unemployed. Almost zero deaths for those under 59 and without a cormorbidity. Open the economy.

So you all for "only the strong will survive".
That is how the world works. Right now if deaths in the US increased by 10x we would lose 2 people per 1,000. That is if they increase 10 fold.
Yes it works that way without medicine, doctors and nurses. Its a good way of getting rid of the aged, poor folks and disabled, whoever can't fend for themselves and are a strain on society.
Nope. You just made that up to fit your narrative.

No, you've been very clear in your motive. Throw grandma and grandpa under the bus, and get rid of those with "pre-existing" conditions who raise health insurance costs for the young and the healthy. The Texas Lt. Governor even suggested that older people "sacrifice themselves" for their grandchildren.

As an asshole I used to know once said of AIDS "A disease that kills only queer and Haitians can't be all bad". This one kills minorities and the elderly. Win/win for you on both scores. Because that's just the kind of asshole YOU are.
Our nursing homes are terrible before, during or after COVID. That is true. That being said, I didn't utter any of the crap you are accusing me of. You are not an American. Worry about yourself.

You don't have the capability to test all people nor are you doing it. Testing is a messy patchwork with many tests not working as advertized. Shortages in testing supplies compounds the problems.

If you were doing testing, the death count would not be continuing to climb. You now have over 1.1 million active cases and that number continues to rise. You do have close to 450,000 closed cases, but nearly a quarter of your closed cases have died - 91,000 people. 91,000 families are mourning loved ones. If even 20% of your active cases suffer the same fate, that another 200,000 Americans who will be dead by the 4th of July.

We are advocating that you pause your economy for a few months to save AMERICAN lives.

Or at least use intelligence and safely open up, but the deplorables are even wearing masks.

"Almost zero deaths for those under 59," says and claims this poster. How many morons reading his post believe him?
he went to trump u.

Happy to compare resumes. You're a loser with no career path.
yeah, yeah. enough of your bragging, brat. no one cares. please do continue displaying your very high intelligence by throwing up unsupported bullshit, just like trump.
You are a loser parody account. If you didn’t care you would not keep responding. Trump owns you and will continue to do so until 2025.

He owns your mind, he will never control our (democrat) minds.

Or at least use intelligence and safely open up, but the deplorables are even wearing masks.

I think there needs to be a serious reckonning with these "for profit" homes. People put their loved ones there to give their loved ones better care, but the cost cutting methods cost lives. My DIL's home had lots of PPE's but they were in the supply room. They were instructed not to wear them so as not to frighten the residents.

My DIL only works 3 shifts every two weeks. Nursing staff is cut to the bone. She would have to work at three or more homes to get a full week's wage. This is so they don't have to give her benefits, or vacations pay. It also means that if there is an outbreak in one home, it gets carried to the others.

In Canada "for profit" homes use the same economic models and policies as American nursing homes and many of them are owned by American companies. In Canada, we have publically owned and operated nursing homes, as well as for profit homes. The death rate in the for profit homes was double that in the publically owned homes. 27 people died in the fanciest for profit facility in our county. Nobody died at the county home, and they had a couple of cases there, but they shut down the outbreak right away. Our local for profit home has had numerous health department violations, and is always running an ad for staff, but it costs $100,000 just to get in there.

62% of the people who died in Canada, were nursing home residents. 2/3 of those deaths occurred in the for profit homes. There will be a pubic enquiry when this is done, and the "for profits" will be subject to new regulations.

"Almost zero deaths for those under 59," says and claims this poster. How many morons reading his post believe him?
he went to trump u.

Happy to compare resumes. You're a loser with no career path.
yeah, yeah. enough of your bragging, brat. no one cares. please do continue displaying your very high intelligence by throwing up unsupported bullshit, just like trump.
You are a loser parody account. If you didn’t care you would not keep responding. Trump owns you and will continue to do so until 2025.

He owns your mind, he will never control our (democrat) minds.
Then how do you explain the giant Trump Tower he built in your empty head?

Are you suggesting that we test 330 million people every morning before they are allowed to leave their homes? How exactly would that work and how much would it cost?
This has been the point that I have been making and actually dr. Fauci agreed with me, testing people just for the sake of testing is a waste of resources.

We've only tested 2% of the US population, at this rate it's going to take us about two years to test the entire population. Of course as you said, 24 hours after I test you and you've been out and about in public, your test results are basically useless because you've been exposed two dozens of individuals and you could be re-infected.

As Dr. Fauci said, testing for the virus should be restricted to testing key Personnel such as medical professionals the governor's, the president, and their immediate staff, because these are the people that we want to know if they are infected or not.

We also want to do trace-testing, to test people who came in contact with an infected person, if they may come in contact with people in Risk categories such as people with cancer elderly and people with comorbidity.

But simply testing people just for the sake of testing them that's stupid it's a waste of time. Of course, if resources are unlimited, money is not a factor, and we have unlimited amount of people to perform tests, then yeah let's test every American, every morning when they wake up. But that's not realistic, and hammering on the president because we haven't tested 200 million Americans yet it's just stupid

Forum List

Back