Trump Dumps Fox News Debate and Here's Why

Let's be clear on something, serious people, you know, adults, don't go to Fox News for anything but entertainment.

Really.

Cute.

So, insulting people because they watch Fox News is what a serious, you know, adult, person does?

What kindergarten classroom did you wander out of?

Oh, I'm sorry, did you take that to be an insult? I was just joking around.

Just trying to be enlightening. Sometimes the truth hurts. I was crushed when I found out Santa wasn't real. Oops, I hope that didn't insult you. Tissue?

Hell, we all know that CNN, NBC, CBS, etc. and the other MSM are the same way. The BBC, NPR, & PBS are even worse. They actually give viewers the illusion of being a respectable news source w/o bias. They selectively cover stories. Then, the way they cover their stories, ugh. I'd rather not get into it.

I don't have a TV, but if I had one, I'd tune it into FOX news to see what's up. :rock:

You just wouldn't see me out there acting the fan boy, pretending the "fair and balanced" folks have any sort of integrity. We all know it's only about the money, the power and the ratings, now and forever.

Amen.

If I offended, my humblest apologies.

Let's be clear on something, serious people, you know, adults, don't go to Fox News for anything but entertainment.

Really.

Cute.

So, insulting people because they watch Fox News is what a serious, you know, adult, person does?

What kindergarten classroom did you wander out of?

Oh, I'm sorry, did you take that to be an insult? I was just joking around.

Just trying to be enlightening. Sometimes the truth hurts. I was crushed when I found out Santa wasn't real. Oops, I hope that didn't insult you. Tissue?

Hell, we all know that CNN, NBC, CBS, etc. and the other MSM are the same way. The BBC, NPR, & PBS are even worse. They actually give viewers the illusion of being a respectable news source w/o bias. They selectively cover stories. Then, the way they cover their stories, ugh. I'd rather not get into it.

I don't have a TV, but if I had one, I'd tune it into FOX news to see what's up. :rock:

You just wouldn't see me out there acting the fan boy, pretending the "fair and balanced" folks have any sort of integrity. We all know it's only about the money, the power and the ratings, now and forever.

Amen.

If I offended, my humblest apologies.

I can't really tell when people tell jokes on a forum. The offense is mine, and thus my apologies. All in good humor, I guess.

No worries. I don't think there is a single person on this site whose POV I don't think has some merit. It's what makes America the greatest place on earth. Yin and Yang and all that.

Even the racists I find fascinating. . . . I often wonder about them. . .

97a4964a041fb35911e39365fd2ed27869a4e386b463bdb9962e1f8c97ceff71.jpg

No worries. I don't think there is a single person on this site whose POV I don't think has some merit. It's what makes America the greatest place on earth. Yin and Yang and all that.

Even the racists I find fascinating. . . . I often wonder about them. . .

97a4964a041fb35911e39365fd2ed27869a4e386b463bdb9962e1f8c97ceff71.jpg
White Supremacists hate everyone equally, especially their own selves.

What on Earth do you think FOX asserted that Trump has proven right about?

That they suck at being 'Fair and Balanced'?

Trump claims he can stand up to Iran, but he can't even stand up to Megyn Kelly?

LOL.

Mitt Romney should have called Candy Crowley a fucking liar to her face - as she was. But ducking the debate is the wrong thing to do.

It's not and has never been about Megan Kelly. She's actually been very classy and avoided saying anything negative about Trump. Trump realized that it was going to be an ambush and baited FOX with his "Twitter poll on whether he should attend or not" and FOX stupidly fell for it and gave him what he wanted with that idiotic tweet, and excuse to skip the debate. This way, he will have thwarted the ambush while watching Cruz' numbers sink as all the attacks in the debate will now be leveled at Cruz instead of Trump, and as he maintains or increases his lead while running out the clock. The guy is fucking brilliant and very gutsy, a dangerous combination.

:rofl:

Your powers of self-delusion and rationalization are markable and remarkable. We should find a way to harness it as an energy source.
I don't think it compares to the energy that is harnessed from you bullshit.:rofl:

Trump claims he can stand up to Iran, but he can't even stand up to Megyn Kelly?

LOL.

Mitt Romney should have called Candy Crowley a fucking liar to her face - as she was. But ducking the debate is the wrong thing to do.

It's not and has never been about Megan Kelly. She's actually been very classy and avoided saying anything negative about Trump. Trump realized that it was going to be an ambush and baited FOX with his "Twitter poll on whether he should attend or not" and FOX stupidly fell for it and gave him what he wanted with that idiotic tweet, and excuse to skip the debate. This way, he will have thwarted the ambush while watching Cruz' numbers sink as all the attacks in the debate will now be leveled at Cruz instead of Trump, and as he maintains or increases his lead while running out the clock. The guy is fucking brilliant and very gutsy, a dangerous combination.

Your powers of self-delusion and rationalization are markable and remarkable. We should find a way to harness it as an energy source.
I don't think it compares to the energy that is harnessed from you bullshit.:rofl:
:udaman:

LOL.

You're right, it doesn't. There's no way I can compete with yours. :(

C-Span picked up a whole lot of new watchers tonight..permanently. They handled it very well. Like a news source should. And the after rally questions..whomever that gal was taking phone calls...she did great. Unbiased. Cool. Calm. Professional. I'm impressed with the good job they did. And I ain't the only one.

LOL.

Actually Pogo, you're wrong, it was about Megan Kelly.

That's all it's ever really been about.

Let's go to the video and observe, shall we?

video length: 46 seconds.

Megyn Kelly Kicks Donald Trump's Ass

LOL.

Is it true that your bullshit powers half the hotels in Vegas while the other half comes from Hoover Damn? Bada boom tish!

Last edited:

LOL.

Is it true that your bullshit powers half the hotels in Vegas while the other half comes from Hoover Damn? Bada bom tish!
Like gasoline, its more the fumes than the substance that burns....

LOL.

Actually Pogo, you're wrong, it was about Megan Kelly.

That's all it's ever really been about.

Let's go to the video and observe, shall we?

video length: 46 seconds.

Megyn Kelly Kicks Donald Trump's Ass

"Vanna White"? :lmao:

CMJMXZyUYAE185g.png

Is it true that your bullshit powers half the hotels in Vegas while the other half comes from Hoover Damn? Bada bom tish!
Pogo's bullshit is the holy grail of renewable energy. Just don't light a match when he opens his mouth, it's highly flammable.

:blowup::blowup:

If Trump wins this whole thing, Jon Stewart is going to regret retiring. . . .

Pogo's bullshit is the holy grail of renewable energy. Just don't light a match when he opens his mouth, it's highly flammable.

Between the two of you, we can end global warming with the alternative energy produced here at USMB.

Between the two of you, we can end global warming with the alternative energy produced here at USMB.

:beer: :cheers2::woohoo:

Trump supporters have since long noticed that Fox has its own agenda (propping up the establishment). Pissing off millions of right leaning Americans is not a good idea for a Republican leaning voice in the media. Trump will be fine, its Fox News and the establishment who will suffer the consequences of their bias.

Fair and Balanced? Pffft

Fair and Balanced..............when our candidate is in the lead.
What you neglect is Fox News is the only conservative voice among the major networks. The typical Trump supporter is in the age group of 45-65 and their primary source of new is TV and for conservatives, that means Fox News.

As Trump goes through the primary process and possibility a general election, he is going to need the very people, that is the establishment that he has waged a verbal battle with since his campaign began.

Few people seem to realize just how unpopularity Trump is with Democrats and independents. To overcome this, he's going to need a lot of allies that he just doesn't have. Antics to attract attention such as calling into news shows and asking to be put on the air, streams of outrageous tweets and facebook messages, and personal attacks are not going work in a general election. Exposure in the media is far less important in a general election than in a primary because the voters are already very familiar with the candidates. Voters are more concerned with issues than in primaries and they rely on the media to explain the candidates position.
Flopper they (Fox) need him more than he needs them. Fox News knows who butters their bread and CNN is just foaming at the mouth right now waiting to pounce. Trump has Fox by the balls and they both know it. In regards to Trumps unpopularity among Dems and Independents, you are sorely misjudging his crossover appeal.
How the hell did fox news ever survive before Donald Trump? Can we keep it real here please? CNN might need Trump, Fox? No they don't.
They survived because Americans devoured the propaganda and bullshit they were being fed. When Trump came around their base rallied around him only to tune in and see the bias BS Fox was pushing out. They were all left scratching their heads saying "WTF is going on here? No! We don't like Rubio! We don't want Bush!!" Fox is fucking tone deaf and millions see it. Yes, Fox needs Trump. Trump is viewers, and viewers are ratings, and ratings are money.....

Ratings have zero to do with a political debate. Ratings are for selling things.

Rump is a ratings magnet because he's a wacko, but a political debate is supposed to be about issues. If it isn't about issues, then it's worthless. Which makes it actually a positive thing that Rump won't be there to distract the issues away with his usual blusterfluff.

On the larger general point though, you are correct that Fox needs Rump (and any other controversy it can find) since at base it's not there to inform --- debates like this being the exception that proves the rule -- but to milk the consumer with scare stories.

But that's in the big picture, not really the instant case.
Political debates tell you what side of an issue a candidates is on but tell you very little about what they really plan to do about it. I've found debates are a good way to judge a candidates ability to express themselves in a logical coherent manner. However, most candidates use the debate platform to launch irrelevant attacks on their opponents as a diversion. I think Ran Paul does a better job of addressing issues, answering questions and avoiding diversions than any other candidates. Unfortunately, I don't agree with him.

C-Span picked up a whole lot of new watchers tonight..permanently. They handled it very well. Like a news source should. And the after rally questions..whomever that gal was taking phone calls...she did great. Unbiased. Cool. Calm. Professional. I'm impressed with the good job they did. And I ain't the only one.
I've found C-Span good at providing factual unbiased programming which is great if that's what you're really looking for. However, most people want to be entertained, with commentary that supports their position.

I've found C-Span good at providing factual unbiased programming which is great if that's what you're really looking for. However, most people want to be entertained, with commentary that supports their position.
I disagree. I think most folks was unbiased news reporting. If hen pecking was wanted, all folks have to do is go to The View.

Forum List

Back