🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump EO allows coal debris to be dumped in streams!

those stupid fucking hillbilly coal miners deserve shitty water .. it goes hand and hand with the shitty air they breathe and get black lung.

good for Trump, fuck the people.

es
Hillarys gonna put them out of business.

he'll be doing them a big favor when he yanks their healthcare and they cant get medical attention when their lungs rot out and they get sick as hell from drinking toxic water.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN !

Yeah! Who needs water! We don't need that stuff to survive!
What's wrong with the water?

Nothing, the whacko rule was among the most controversial environment regulations Obama put together so it was round filed into the trash where it belonged.

A broken watch is right twice a day. Coal tar and water do not mix very well. If you think it does then why don't you drink some. It is a shame that Republicans are more interested in making life easier for polluters. What we are seeing is the opposite end of the coin. Democrats over-regulate and Republicans under-regulate. It is sad that there is no happy medium that protects the environment which Republicans are not interested in doing so.

Dem run inner cities are spilling untreated human sewage into public waterways, shit, urine, and god knows what else. Clean up that giant mess then we can discuss the coal industry.

Yeah! Who needs water! We don't need that stuff to survive!
What's wrong with the water?

Nothing, the whacko rule was among the most controversial environment regulations Obama put together so it was round filed into the trash where it belonged.

A broken watch is right twice a day. Coal tar and water do not mix very well. If you think it does then why don't you drink some. It is a shame that Republicans are more interested in making life easier for polluters. What we are seeing is the opposite end of the coin. Democrats over-regulate and Republicans under-regulate. It is sad that there is no happy medium that protects the environment which Republicans are not interested in doing so.

Dem run inner cities are spilling untreated human sewage into public waterways, shit, urine, and god knows what else. Clean up that giant mess then we can discuss the coal industry.

America has no intention of cleaning up or dealing with anything.

he'll be doing them a big favor when he yanks their healthcare and they cant get medical attention when their lungs rot out and they get sick as hell from drinking toxic water.

:itsok:

West Virginia solidly went for Trump, and is this country's biggest coal producer.

I will have zero sympathy for them when they start whining about the lack of drinkable water in the state.

Here's some pictures of what water looks like when it is polluted by mine tailings:

acid_mine_drainage_2.jpg

paz_02_img0160.jpg

Mschmerling_PollutedCabinCreek.WVA_.JPG

images

I figure pictures are the best way to go with some of you because of your low intelligence levels. All of the above pictures are from mine tailing runoff. When you strip mine a mountain, and remove the coal, what is leftover are all the minerals that would otherwise have been buried far below the soil level. Rain falls on those minerals, and what leaches out are acidic and toxic residues that then flow into rivers and streams, and pollute the groundwater.

Here's some light reading:

Acid mine drainage

Coal mine reclamation site leaching acid mine runoff in KY. Photo courtesy of ilovemountains.org.
Acid mine drainage (AMD) refers to the outflow of acidic water from coal or metal mines, often abandoned ones where ore- or coal mining activities have exposed rocks containing the sulphur-bearing mineral pyrite. Pyrite reacts with air and water to form sulphuric acid and dissolved iron, and as water washes through mines, this compound forms a dilute acid, which can wash into nearby rivers and streams.[1] AMD discharges elevated concentrations of acidity, iron, manganese, aluminum, and sulfate into receiving streams and rivers, depleting the buffering ability of water by neutralizing carbonate and bicarbonate ions that form carbonic acid. Streams and rivers with low buffer capacity are not able to neutralize the acid load and consequently become acidic. An estimated 2,390 miles of streams in the Allegheny and Monongahela River Basins have been degraded by AMD to the point of not being able to support fish communities.[2]

Mountaintop removal and streams
Mountaintop removal (MTR) mining involves the blasting off the tops of mountains to reach the coal seams below, with the millions of tons of former mountains pushed into stream valleys. MTR has buried nearly 2,000 miles of Appalachian streams, contaminated drinking water, impaired water quality for river recreation, increased water treatment costs for industry, displaced some communities, and increased susceptibility to flooding for others. An EPA environmental impact found that 724 miles (1,165 km) of Appalachian streams were buried by valley fills between 1985 to 2001, and that streams near valley fills from mountaintop removal contain high levels of minerals in the water and decreased aquatic biodiversity.[3]

The 2012 Environmental Science and Technology study "How Many Mountains Can We Mine? Assessing the Regional Degradation of Central Appalachian Rivers by Surface Coal Mining" concluded that decades of mountaintop-removal mining in Appalachia may have harmed aquatic life along more than 1,700 miles of streams in southern West Virginia. Mining companies have converted 5% of the region to mountaintop mines, and the resulting water pollution has caused so many sensitive species to vanish that 22% of streams may qualify as impaired under state criteria.[4]

Water pollution from coal - SourceWatch

My husband and I like to do a lot of hiking. There's nothing more beautiful than a crystal clear mountain stream.

Your Orange Jesus just removed the protections for those streams.

Good. We need the coal mines.

Coal mines are not coming back. They were not put out of business by Obama. They were put out of business by cleaner alternatives such as natural gas. Even coal CEOs are admitting this.

Man, you're gay. Back in your Safe Space kid.

West Virginia solidly went for Trump, and is this country's biggest coal producer.

I will have zero sympathy for them when they start whining about the lack of drinkable water in the state.

Here's some pictures of what water looks like when it is polluted by mine tailings:

acid_mine_drainage_2.jpg

paz_02_img0160.jpg

images

I figure pictures are the best way to go with some of you because of your low intelligence levels. All of the above pictures are from mine tailing runoff. When you strip mine a mountain, and remove the coal, what is leftover are all the minerals that would otherwise have been buried far below the soil level. Rain falls on those minerals, and what leaches out are acidic and toxic residues that then flow into rivers and streams, and pollute the groundwater.

Acid mine drainage

Coal mine reclamation site leaching acid mine runoff in KY. Photo courtesy of ilovemountains.org.
Acid mine drainage (AMD) refers to the outflow of acidic water from coal or metal mines, often abandoned ones where ore- or coal mining activities have exposed rocks containing the sulphur-bearing mineral pyrite. Pyrite reacts with air and water to form sulphuric acid and dissolved iron, and as water washes through mines, this compound forms a dilute acid, which can wash into nearby rivers and streams.[1] AMD discharges elevated concentrations of acidity, iron, manganese, aluminum, and sulfate into receiving streams and rivers, depleting the buffering ability of water by neutralizing carbonate and bicarbonate ions that form carbonic acid. Streams and rivers with low buffer capacity are not able to neutralize the acid load and consequently become acidic. An estimated 2,390 miles of streams in the Allegheny and Monongahela River Basins have been degraded by AMD to the point of not being able to support fish communities.[2]

Mountaintop removal (MTR) mining involves the blasting off the tops of mountains to reach the coal seams below, with the millions of tons of former mountains pushed into stream valleys. MTR has buried nearly 2,000 miles of Appalachian streams, contaminated drinking water, impaired water quality for river recreation, increased water treatment costs for industry, displaced some communities, and increased susceptibility to flooding for others. An EPA environmental impact found that 724 miles (1,165 km) of Appalachian streams were buried by valley fills between 1985 to 2001, and that streams near valley fills from mountaintop removal contain high levels of minerals in the water and decreased aquatic biodiversity.[3]

The 2012 Environmental Science and Technology study "How Many Mountains Can We Mine? Assessing the Regional Degradation of Central Appalachian Rivers by Surface Coal Mining" concluded that decades of mountaintop-removal mining in Appalachia may have harmed aquatic life along more than 1,700 miles of streams in southern West Virginia. Mining companies have converted 5% of the region to mountaintop mines, and the resulting water pollution has caused so many sensitive species to vanish that 22% of streams may qualify as impaired under state criteria.[4]

My husband and I like to do a lot of hiking. There's nothing more beautiful than a crystal clear mountain stream.

If you drink untreated mountain stream water you are going to projectile blow out your ass dummy.

acid_mine_drainage_2.jpg

paz_02_img0160.jpg

images

Acid mine drainage

If you drink untreated mountain stream water you are going to projectile blow out your ass dummy.

They're all-in on Democrat Fake News. They truly believe the Bullshite. So don't bother.

They're all-in on Democrat Fake News. They truly believe the Bullshite. So don't bother.

Do you know why I believe in strip mine pollution? Because it is a verifiable fact. It's a scientifically documented and analyzed and investigated phenomenon that has been substantiated through the scientific method, which relies upon actual evidence to draw conclusions.

The fact that you think this is imaginary because you have no scientific grounding, don't understand science, and are apparently completely uneducated, is a personal problem that you have.

acid_mine_drainage_2.jpg

paz_02_img0160.jpg

images

Acid mine drainage

They wanted Trump, they got his sorry ass ... zero sympathy from me either.

when he kills enough of them we won't have to screw with coal mines any more .. go Donnie!

NO FEMA TRAILERS! NO BOTTLED WATER! NO FEDERAL ASSISTANCE!

That's what they wanted, right?

Forum List

Back