trump explains why he killed the bipartisan border deal

Trump demanded that the immigration agreement be killed to deny President Biden a win.

Trump wants to continue to lie about ‘the border’ as part of his campaign of lies.

Republicans oppose immigration reform for purely partisan reasons.

Trump wants to continue to lie about ‘the border’ as part of his campaign of lies.

Because there is no border crisis, right?
The border is secure, right?

A large part of the bill was to drag us into a foreign war, on the other side of the country, that has nothing at all to do with defending our own border. A poison pill to guarantee that even if the bill did contain anything to improve the security of our own border (which it did not) that no American would support it who cares more for our own country than it does for Ukraine.
I care about russian aggression in ukraine

But if denying biden money for foreign aid is what it takes to get border security in America I’ll do it

Hey dipshits

How many times do you have to be told?

EXISTING LAW mandates that anyone can ask for asylum and get a hearing , which overwhelms the system.

The Senate bill changes that law
Wrong, again, you dismal fucktard.

Existing law says you should apply first in the country you’re in. Do you not realize that thousand and thousands of people coming through Mexico aren’t actually Mexican? So why don’t they stop traveling through Mexico to get to the United States and simply ask our Mexican government buddies for asylum?

Try to learn:

The Department of Homeland Security (“DHS”) and the Department of Justice (“DOJ”) are issuing a final rule in anticipation of a potential surge of migration at the southwest border (“SWB”) of the United States following the termination of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's (“CDC”) public health Order. The rule encourages migrants to avail themselves of lawful, safe, and orderly pathways into the United States, or otherwise to seek asylum or other protection in another country through which they travel, thereby reducing reliance on human smuggling networks that exploit migrants for financial gain. The rule does so by introducing a rebuttable presumption of asylum ineligibility for certain noncitizens who neither avail themselves of a lawful, safe, and orderly pathway to the United States nor seek asylum or other protection in a country through which they travel.
Federal Register :: Request Access (my emphasis added).

You bloviate a lot about the laws and rules with not a shred of concern for the actual laws or rules.

But if denying biden money for foreign aid is what it takes to get border security in America I’ll do it
mighty mike passed on that deal. You really think Lankford negotiated to let in 5k a day? Not hardly.

The dems passed bill in the senate, and it would pass the house.

The gop is going to be left in the pot for awhile.

mighty mike passed on that deal. You really think Lankford negotiated to let in 5k a day? Not hardly.

The dems passed bill in the senate, and it would pass the house.

The gop is going to be left in the pot for awhile.
The House bill is far better than what the senate offered

Wrong, again, you dismal fucktard.

Existing law says you should apply first in the country you’re in. Do you not realize that thousand and thousands of people coming through Mexico aren’t actually Mexican? So why don’t they stop traveling through Mexico to get to the United States and simply ask our Mexican government buddies for asylum?

Try to learn:

Federal Register :: Request Access (my emphasis added).

You bloviate a lot about the laws and rules with not a shred of concern for the actual laws or rules.
Title 8…. The existing law… says that anyone can apply for asylum and get a Court hearing regardless of how they entered the country
THAT is the existing law

EXISTING LAW doesn't require they are allowed to stay in the country while they await their hearing.
It doesn’t say one way or the other however in order to make their hearing date … how does that work if they are on Mexico?

That part has been stripped out and DID pass the Senate. The House still won’t vote on it

It doesn’t say one way or the other however in order to make their hearing date … how does that work if they are on Mexico?
?? They have a hearing date. They show up at the port of entry on their hearing date and have a hearing. Ain't rocket science.

Forum List

Back