Trump flip-flops on Syria

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Whoops there he goes...flip..and then the flop:

Trump instructs military to begin planning for withdrawal from Syria

The flip:
"President Trump has instructed military leaders to prepare to withdraw U.S. troops from Syria, but has not set a date for them to do so, according to a senior administration official.

In a meeting with top national security officials Tuesday, Trump stressed that U.S. troops can be involved in current training tasks for local forces to ensure security in areas liberated from the Islamic State, the official said.

But the president said that the U.S. mission would not extend beyond the destruction of the Islamic State, and that he expects other countries, particularly wealthy Arab states in the region, to pick up the task of paying for reconstruction of stabilized areas, including sending their own troops, if necessary.

Trump on Tuesday had repeated his desire to quickly “get out” of Syria, even as his top commander for the Middle East outlined the need for an ongoing military presence there."

The flop:
Trump agrees to keep U.S. troops in Syria for undetermined time to defeat ISIS

"President Donald Trump reluctantly agreed in a meeting with his national security team on Tuesday to keep U.S. troops in Syria for an undetermined period of time with the goal of defeating ISIS, a senior administration official said Wednesday.

"He wasn’t thrilled about it, to say the least," the official said.

Defense Secretary James Mattis and other top officials made the case to Trump that the fight against ISIS was almost finished but a complete withdrawal of U.S. forces at this time would risk losing gains the U.S. has made in the fight, the official said."

Whoops there he goes...flip..and then the flop:

Trump instructs military to begin planning for withdrawal from Syria

The flip:
"President Trump has instructed military leaders to prepare to withdraw U.S. troops from Syria, but has not set a date for them to do so, according to a senior administration official.

In a meeting with top national security officials Tuesday, Trump stressed that U.S. troops can be involved in current training tasks for local forces to ensure security in areas liberated from the Islamic State, the official said.

But the president said that the U.S. mission would not extend beyond the destruction of the Islamic State, and that he expects other countries, particularly wealthy Arab states in the region, to pick up the task of paying for reconstruction of stabilized areas, including sending their own troops, if necessary.

Trump on Tuesday had repeated his desire to quickly “get out” of Syria, even as his top commander for the Middle East outlined the need for an ongoing military presence there."

The flop:
Trump agrees to keep U.S. troops in Syria for undetermined time to defeat ISIS

"President Donald Trump reluctantly agreed in a meeting with his national security team on Tuesday to keep U.S. troops in Syria for an undetermined period of time with the goal of defeating ISIS, a senior administration official said Wednesday.

"He wasn’t thrilled about it, to say the least," the official said.

Defense Secretary James Mattis and other top officials made the case to Trump that the fight against ISIS was almost finished but a complete withdrawal of U.S. forces at this time would risk losing gains the U.S. has made in the fight, the official said."

It's all Putin could dream of.

And people just laughed when i said he would do that the other day smh
Our president is a fuckin JOKE
BUT he did listen.. that has to be a milestone..

What they call flip flop could also be called completed early? Or perhaps he needs them at home to help with taco brigade coming from Mexico?

What they call flip flop could also be called completed early? Or perhaps he needs them at home to help with taco brigade coming from Mexico?
Exactly.
Syria...Nuke it or get out and let them murder each other.

Trump reminds me of a couple of old men sitting on the porch solving all the worlds problems over a couple of beers. They know none of the details of any of the problems, and have no idea what problems their ideas might cause, or even if their ideas are even possible, but they are convinced that if the world would just listen to them, they could solve all that stuff before the six pack is gone.

"President Trump has instructed military leaders to prepare to withdraw U.S. troops from Syria,
Why is this a a bad thing? Sounds like he is going to keep his campaign promises.
The sooner we are out the better for the United States, We have to stop fighting other countries wars for them.

"President Trump has instructed military leaders to prepare to withdraw U.S. troops from Syria,
Why is this a a bad thing? Sounds like he is going to keep his campaign promises.
The sooner we are out the better for the United States, We have to stop fighting other countries wars for them.
You need to read the whole thing..he stated he wanted out..and then he decided to stay.."indefinitely".

You need to read the whole thing..he stated he wanted out..and then he decided to stay.."indefinitely".

Don't bother. Trump bots don't care what he says, or what he said 15 minutes ago. They will support anything he says 100% until he changes his mind, and then they will support that 100%

It’s called being the Commander in Chief. He has all the information, and makes the call. I trust his judgement over Hillary and the Hussein, that’s for damned sure. Our military isn’t there to overthrow Assad as they would had been under Hillary. They are just there to drop bombs on ISIS terrorists. You regressive pro-ISIS types can bitch and moan all you like. Music to my ears.

It’s called being the Commander in Chief. He has all the information, and makes the call. I trust his judgement over Hillary and the Hussein, that’s for damned sure. Our military isn’t there to overthrow Assad as they would had been under Hillary. They are just there to drop bombs on ISIS terrorists. You regressive pro-ISIS types can bitch and moan all you like. Music to my ears.

He has very little information. He doesn't even read his daily reports, or consult anyone.

He has very little information. He doesn't even read his daily reports, or consult anyone.
Uh-huh...because Fake News says so. :itsok:

Unlike stupid assholes who can't plan out both sides he does have to WEIGH OUT the possibilities of consequences idiot.

and by the way I just posted HE IS BRINING THEM HOME...

Bottom line is, we have no business being there in the first place.
Not our monkey, not our circus. Waste of American time and money.

Unlike stupid assholes who can't plan out both sides he does have to WEIGH OUT the possibilities of consequences idiot.

and by the way I just posted HE IS BRINING THEM HOME...
You're an idiot...your posting does not mean a thing and is behind the news. Trump changed his mind..reluctantly, according to reports..and bowed to the Generals..the troops are staying..indefinitely.

Forum List

Back