Trump + GOP forcibly taking Americans land .

Another TDS thread..............and more lies..........

What's new.

Quit trying to distract from this fact...

At a briefing in McAllen earlier this week, U.S. Customs and Border Protection told a group of South Texas officials the federal government plans to move forward with private land seizures in the Rio Grande Valley to build sections of President Trump’s border wall.

BLM and the Barrypuppet went nuts stealing land using environmental laws which was what the Oregon standoff was all about. Needing a few hundred feet of land. Or even a few thousand feet isnt the same thing.

From the link in the OP:

Cuellar emphasized that the land seizures “could take years,” noting that scores of eminent domain lawsuits still are pending from the last time the federal government seized land a decade ago under the George W. Bush administration to build the first sections of border fencing in the Valley.

However, an investigation last year by ProPublica and The Texas Tribune found that the federal government invoked a little-known Great Depression-era law that allowed it to swiftly seize land to build the barrier and compensate landowners later. Dozens of landowners whose property was taken for the barrier still haven't received compensation as lawsuits over the fair value of the seized land linger in court.

From the link in the OP:

Cuellar emphasized that the land seizures “could take years,” noting that scores of eminent domain lawsuits still are pending from the last time the federal government seized land a decade ago under the George W. Bush administration to build the first sections of border fencing in the Valley.

However, an investigation last year by ProPublica and The Texas Tribune found that the federal government invoked a little-known Great Depression-era law that allowed it to swiftly seize land to build the barrier and compensate landowners later. Dozens of landowners whose property was taken for the barrier still haven't received compensation as lawsuits over the fair value of the seized land linger in court.
2006 Fence Act did that.............already done...........so this thread is BS that Trump is doing that...........

As I said............another TDS thread of lies...........LOL

From the link in the OP:

2006 Fence Act did that.............already done...........so this thread is BS that Trump is doing that...........

Is Trump not the POTUS now?

What cracks me up the most about this is that this forum has 1000 threads a week on how corrupt and evil the government is.

But somehow in this case the government can be trusted blindly to do the right thing.

This is that problem with being a partisan sheep, your views have to constantly change depending on how is doing the action you either hate or love.

From the link in the OP:

What cracks me up the most about this is that this forum has 1000 threads a week on how corrupt and evil the government is.

But somehow in this case the government can be trusted blindly to do the right thing.

This is that problem with being a partisan sheep, your views have to constantly change depending on how is doing the action you either hate or love.
LOL

2006 did the things that have TDS in full bloom here.........Hell you just said Bush did it............

Back to my point...........the thread is a LIE.

From the link in the OP:

LOL

2006 did the things that have TDS in full bloom here.........Hell you just said Bush did it............

Back to my point...........the thread is a LIE.

Bush did some of it, now Trump is doing it. Why is that so hard for you to grasp?

Are you really this stupid or is it just an act for the internet?

Land seizures are illegal. Eminent domain CAN be abusive but is pretty well defined now. Especially in the states that CLARIFIED the law following that awful Keloh decision in the Sup. Ct. And Texas was one of the first states to act on that clarification..

A river that US Cities almost tap out before it gets to El Paso. COULD build a canal to divert some on the American side if that bothers you...
Most of those dummies probably voted for Trump so I feel little sympathy but I am wondering if there is a limb on the fascism tree the so-called conservatives will not follow Trump out on.

Do you know that Trump owns most of vacant desert in your head? That's why that last post made no sense whatsoever...
I will put it in third-grade English, It looks like Trump can talk his base into supporting anything.

Just trying to correct the predictable misconceptions on the left about "FORCIBLY" taking property. Or who's river the Rio Grande is.. If you don't know how anything works --- all you got left is that mania about Trump...

I've been consistently fighting eminent domain abuse for decades.. But even I recognize that in certain instances it is necessary... DONE RIGHT -- it's not a "forced taking"... But your tiny brain is bored already aint it?

Lol. I’m just using the same language you cons use when it comes to the *GASP* health insurance madate ! Oh the drama ! Oh the government overeach to have a tax penalty. Soooo unamerican .

Meanwhile . Taking land for a boondoggle wall. Totally cool with that !!

I don't use hyperbole often.. But when I do, it's got nothing to do with "con language".. You should remember that many of us have long sworn allegiance to either of your inept, crooked, power hungry gangs...

Pretty much ALL I see out of the leftists is drama and ranting lately....

Most of those dummies probably voted for Trump so I feel little sympathy but I am wondering if there is a limb on the fascism tree the so-called conservatives will not follow Trump out on.

Do you know that Trump owns most of vacant desert in your head? That's why that last post made no sense whatsoever...
I will put it in third-grade English, It looks like Trump can talk his base into supporting anything.

Just trying to correct the predictable misconceptions on the left about "FORCIBLY" taking property. Or who's river the Rio Grande is.. If you don't know how anything works --- all you got left is that mania about Trump...

I've been consistently fighting eminent domain abuse for decades.. But even I recognize that in certain instances it is necessary... DONE RIGHT -- it's not a "forced taking"... But your tiny brain is bored already aint it?

Lol. I’m just using the same language you cons use when it comes to the *GASP* health insurance madate ! Oh the drama ! Oh the government overeach to have a tax penalty. Soooo unamerican .

I don't use hyperbole often.. But when I do, it's got nothing to do with "con language".. You should remember that many of us have long sworn allegiance to either of your inept, crooked, power hungry gangs...

You are obviously bias since 80% of the threads are righty slanted .

You are obviously bias since 80% of the threads are righty slanted .

I'm only reacting and reporting from the "war zone".. Aint my war.. Lots of assinine fetishes and stupid shit goin on, but the 2+ year old Dem "meltdown" is kinda dominating the good material...

EDIT: MAINLY because all the anti-Trump lies and hysteria EXPOSE how little leftists actually know about "how things work"... That appalls me greatly. Because a nation can't survive with that level of ignorance with our expected standard of living...

They get compensated more than fairly for the "taking" of their desert land. So what?
They are trying to take away ready access to a river in a desert. It's why there is not a barrier there now. It would wreck the local economy but so what?

The needs of the many out weight the needs of the few.
That is so counter to republican's devotion to individual rights that I can't believe you said that. Oh well, not the first classic republican value the Trumpbots have forsaken for their dear leader.

Are you saying that Republicans don't respect the right of a country to use eminent domain?
I have personally in my life had 4 government takings of my land. I didn't like it, but I understood it.

Mark

They get compensated more than fairly for the "taking" of their desert land. So what?
They are trying to take away ready access to a river in a desert. It's why there is not a barrier there now. It would wreck the local economy but so what?

The needs of the many out weight the needs of the few.

Watching Donald's cultists turn from Republican to Communist would be funny if it weren't so sad.

So, the Feds are buying-up land along the border, in order to build various wall segments?

OK... what's the down side?

So long as they get fair market value, and do not lose access to water (even if it's through a pipe under the wall)... it's all good.

How else do you build a 2000 mile wall? Use the barrel of a gun to takenthe land from American citizens .

This from the party that complained about the health insurance mandate ! Guess the GOP Is just fine with big oppressive government.

Amid immigration debate, feds moving ahead with land seizures for South Texas border wall

As a national debate raged about family separations at the border, U.S. Customs and Border Protection told a group of South Texas officials earlier this week that the federal government plans to move forward with private land seizures in the Rio Grande Valley to build sections of President Donald Trump’s border wall.

". . . nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation." - Fifth Amendment, US Constitution

That ringing a bell in that big, empty melon you call a head?

While we're on the subject, where was your outrage on this subject when the then-left leaning Supreme Court handed down the Kelo vs. New London decision? 'Cause if you pitched a hissy about THAT, I must've missed it.

I did . In fact it’s tge left who was against that decision. While the right loved it as it benefits big biz .

Y’all talk a lot of shit about “big government “ when it suits you .

The Supreme Court wasn't left leaning in 2005 when that ruling was handed down,.

The Supreme Court has had a majority of conservatives for decades.

I wish that republicans would stop lying.

Yup and I'd bet they would be more than happy to give up the land for a wall that would keep illegals off their property.

I sure as hell would.

Yup and I'd bet they would be more than happy to give up the land for a wall that would keep illegals off their property.

I sure as hell would.

Sure, everyone wants to be cutoff form their only water supply for 500 miles.

I sure as hell would.

To make omelettes ya gotta break a few eggs.

that is very easy to say when they are not your eggs that are being taken

I sure as hell would.

Who says they will be cut off?? If it is pipes can be laid so he gets his water.

No big deal.

Forum List

Back