Trump + GOP forcibly taking Americans land .

OP is garbage....Sam owns a 30' wide strip of land on the actual border line...and has since we had borders for just this reason. Just because we let the ranchers use it doesn't mean it belongs to them and if they built too close to it, they pay for the bulldozer.

THANKS for that tip.. Didn't know that. Actually it's 60ft.. Not quite enough for all access and installations, but that certainly clarifies owner's rights to property on a Border. So we all learn something here.

There's a lot of faux outrage over "forcibly taking" stuff, when it turns out that MOST of the land needed ALREADY BELONGS to Unk Sam....

Roosevelt Reservation - Wikipedia
The riverbank of the Rio Grande is US govt. property but they probably won't build there because of environmental concerns.

Interesting.. Followed some links to the Roosevelt Reservation and APPARENTLY the US Govt has 60ft right of way in Cali, Arizona, and New Mexico ONLY... Texas being the sovereign assholes that they are (LOL) blocked that proclamation by reserving ALL their private lands...

Ooops. WillPower

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/homesec/RL33659.pdf

DHS is authorized to acquire new interests in lands under the INA. However, the federal
government may already own some land along the border pursuant to presidential proclamations
made long ago. In 1907, President Roosevelt reserved from entry and set apart as a public
reservation all public lands within 60-feet of the international boundary between the United States
and Mexico within the State of California and the Territories of Arizona and New Mexico.63

A completely valid use of eminent domain.
Oh gee what a convenient perspective to endorse. The wall fits into your politics so of course the eminent domain is justified. I can’t even imagine how you drama queens would have reacted if Obama had done this instead of Trump.

If he followed though and built the Wall, I would have been stunned, and had to admit that he had done a good job, in this aspect of his job, at least.
Lol you are so full of shit.

Nope. Fairly regular. But thanks for asking.

My point stands. If he had done his job, in this respect, I would have been stunned, and forced to give credit where credit was due.
Lol no one on this board believes that. Talk about an eye roll. Hell, if you actually wanted to be objective, you would have praised Obama’s large tax cuts. One of those cuts was the biggest tax cut for the middle class since Reagan.

I think that the Republican's continued focus on Tax Cuts is fighting the last war. The big gains from cutting the high tax rates of the past, have mostly been realized.

If no one on this board believes that I would have given credit where credit is due, then people are don't pay enough attention.

Oh gee what a convenient perspective to endorse. The wall fits into your politics so of course the eminent domain is justified. I can’t even imagine how you drama queens would have reacted if Obama had done this instead of Trump.

If he followed though and built the Wall, I would have been stunned, and had to admit that he had done a good job, in this aspect of his job, at least.
Lol you are so full of shit.

Nope. Fairly regular. But thanks for asking.

My point stands. If he had done his job, in this respect, I would have been stunned, and forced to give credit where credit was due.
Lol no one on this board believes that. Talk about an eye roll. Hell, if you actually wanted to be objective, you would have praised Obama’s large tax cuts. One of those cuts was the biggest tax cut for the middle class since Reagan.
I applaud any tax cut but it must be followed up with cuts in spending as well. A problem both democrats and republicans have an issue with.

Interesting.. Followed some links to the Roosevelt Reservation and APPARENTLY the US Govt has 60ft right of way in Cali, Arizona, and New Mexico ONLY... Texas being the sovereign assholes that they are (LOL) blocked that proclamation by reserving ALL their private lands...

Ooops. WillPower

DHS is authorized to acquire new interests in lands under the INA. However, the federal
government may already own some land along the border pursuant to presidential proclamations
made long ago. In 1907, President Roosevelt reserved from entry and set apart as a public
reservation all public lands within 60-feet of the international boundary between the United States
and Mexico within the State of California and the Territories of Arizona and New Mexico.63

Ooops. WillPower

What oops? Who else here knew about the Roosevelt Reservation? The dipshits were quite confident the entire border was a matter of eminent domain. I thought it was a 30' strip, asked Sunni Man about it and he confirmed it was 60' wide. I admit I didn't know Tejas had opted out but so what? Most of their border is the Rio Grande and Pecos rivers which if properly used are barriers themselves. And where that doesn't apply, Chertoff's fence is already in place. Oops!

_93895486_us_mexico_border_wall.png

Last edited:
You ever hear of eminent domain? A tavern that was in my family since 1949 was taken by the state to widen a road. Do you think thats unusual?

Mark
And you're a supporter of the government taking land from people?

Ooops. WillPower

Ooops. WillPower

What oops? Who else here knew about the Roosevelt Reservation? The dipshits were quite confident the entire border was a matter of eminent domain. I thought it was a 30' strip, asked Sunni Man about it and he confirmed it was 60' wide. I admit I didn't know Tejas had opted out but so what? Most of their border is the Rio Grande and Pecos rivers which if properly used are barriers themselves. And where that doesn't apply, Chertoff's fence is already in place. Oops!

_93895486_us_mexico_border_wall.png

I got a fence in my back yard. Neighbor kids hop it all the tim

How else do you build a 2000 mile wall? Use the barrel of a gun to takenthe land from American citizens .

Gosh, I hope we never need a two thousand mile long transcontinental railroad!

And we'd be totally screwed if we ever needed to build 46,876 miles of interstate highways!

Oh, wait...

Don't give me this bullshit about how you care about private property. Democrats like Liz Warren and her ilk spend a lot of time whining that the rich didn't earn their wealth and that it is okay to seize more of it.

Your specious argument is hypocritical and thoroughly bogus.

You ever hear of eminent domain? A tavern that was in my family since 1949 was taken by the state to widen a road. Do you think thats unusual?

Mark
And you're a supporter of the government taking land from people?

Can you imagine what an interstate highway system would look like without being able to take land from people?

Mark

How else do you build a 2000 mile wall? Use the barrel of a gun to takenthe land from American citizens .

Gosh, I hope we never need a two thousand mile long transcontinental railroad!

And we'd be totally screwed if we ever needed to build 46,876 miles of interstate highways!

Oh, wait...

Don't give me this bullshit about how you care about private property. Democrats like Liz Warren and her ilk spend a lot of time whining that the rich didn't earn their wealth and that it is okay to seize more of it.

Your specious argument is hypocritical and thoroughly bogus.

It’s not hypocritical because I didn’t say the libs are against ED or big gov.

It’s the RIGHT that cries about big gov and taking. That’s why you are hypocrites.

They get compensated more than fairly for the "taking" of their desert land. So what?
They are trying to take away ready access to a river in a desert. It's why there is not a barrier there now. It would wreck the local economy but so what?

The needs of the many out weight the needs of the few.

Watching Donald's cultists turn from Republican to Communist would be funny if it weren't so sad.

YOur inability to understand nuance is noted and laughed at.

Everyone knows the gov has the ability to use ED. The issue is SHOULD they .

It’s one thing to build a bridge . It’s another to build the infamous “bridge to nowhere” .

Everyone knows the gov has the ability to use ED. The issue is SHOULD they .

It’s one thing to build a bridge . It’s another to build the infamous “bridge to nowhere” .

This from the party that complained about the health insurance mandate ! Guess the GOP Is just fine with big oppressive government.

Amid immigration debate, feds moving ahead with land seizures for South Texas border wall

As a national debate raged about family separations at the border, U.S. Customs and Border Protection told a group of South Texas officials earlier this week that the federal government plans to move forward with private land seizures in the Rio Grande Valley to build sections of President Donald Trump’s border wall.

I love it how the "OMG OMG OMG The Government is too big" assfucks are for the government taking people
s land since Trump wants to take it.

Your inability to understand the difference between supporting the proper use of a power, and opposing the abuse of a power,

shows what morons liberals are.

They get compensated more than fairly for the "taking" of their desert land. So what?
They are trying to take away ready access to a river in a desert. It's why there is not a barrier there now. It would wreck the local economy but so what?

The needs of the many out weight the needs of the few.

Watching Donald's cultists turn from Republican to Communist would be funny if it weren't so sad.

YOur inability to understand nuance is noted and laughed at.
It seems to me your inability to understand conservatism's view of individual rights, and the required showing of "needs" is sad

This from the party that complained about the health insurance mandate ! Guess the GOP Is just fine with big oppressive government.

Amid immigration debate, feds moving ahead with land seizures for South Texas border wall

As a national debate raged about family separations at the border, U.S. Customs and Border Protection told a group of South Texas officials earlier this week that the federal government plans to move forward with private land seizures in the Rio Grande Valley to build sections of President Donald Trump’s border wall.

I love it how the "OMG OMG OMG The Government is too big" assfucks are for the government taking people

Your inability to understand the difference between supporting the proper use of a power, and opposing the abuse of a power,

Your definition of proper is when it satisfies your political needs or the needs of greedy corporations.

Trump's wall is stupid A 40' concrete wall is stupid. And you think it is OK to take American's land & homes to satisfy a stupid campaign promise.

Just like here where they want to build a electric transmission line through famland that has been in families for generations so the utility an save a few bucks. To you, that is proper?

Not only stealing land for the Trump Wall of Shame but also there will be American families stuck on the wrong side.

OP is garbage....Sam owns a 30' wide strip of land on the actual border line...and has since we had borders for just this reason. Just because we let the ranchers use it doesn't mean it belongs to them and if they built too close to it, they pay for the bulldozer.
60foot but not in Texas. Moreover the question remains, what's the point of a fence dozens of miles from a town or even a road in the middle of the fucking desert? The answer ... none because people can climb it, but Trump looks "foolish" if anyone pays attention.

link The Wall – Interactive map exploring U.S.-Mexico border

Last edited:

Your definition of proper is when it satisfies your political needs or the needs of greedy corporations.

Those greedy corporations were empowered by the liberal judges on the SCOTUS. They were the ones that took the greedy corporations side.

Mark

Those greedy corporations were empowered by the liberal judges on the SCOTUS. They were the ones that took the greedy corporations side.

Mark

And Trump's side. Don't leave that out.

Forum List

Back