Trump: I will take action against firms that replace American workers

Is it too late?

Offshoring the Economy: Why the US is on the Road to the Third World

by Paul Craig Roberts

"On January 6, 2004, Senator Charles Schumer and I challenged the erroneous idea that jobs offshoring was free trade in a New York Times op-ed. Our article so astounded economists that within a few days Schumer and I were summoned to a Brookings Institution conference in Washington, DC, to explain our heresy. In the nationally televised conference, I declared that the consequence of jobs offshoring would be that the US would be a Third World country in 20 years.

That was 11 years ago, and the US is on course to descend to Third World status before the remaining nine years of my prediction have expired.

The evidence is everywhere...." Offshoring the Economy: Why the US is on the Road to the Third World

It's one thing to sing a nice song and dance while running for office, only to find 550+ people in Congress to go along with the idea...

Sounds good, but I can't get over thinking back to history class' discussion about protective tariffs and the Great Depression.

350px-Pro-tarf.jpg

FOr one H1-bs arent to be used to replace workers............just another example of the law not being enforced........

I suspect if Justice Dept suddenly came knocking many co's would suddenly find religion and American workers

Will take action against firms that replace American workers: Trump - Rediff.com Business

Awesome. If anything Bush and Obama have shown us is when can't get shit done through the idiots in congress just use an EO!
How will he do that?

Here is an idea: A firm that decommissions a factory/store/business and ships it off shore should be, by law, tear down, demolish the old building/structure and convert the land into park land. Dispose/recycle the remnants of all old buildings in an environmentally responsible way. Plant trees and flowers. Maintain that park for at least 10 years or forfeit citizenship.

Imagine how happy that would make EPA.

"Trump: I will take action against firms that replace American workers"

So much for 'small government' republicans.

Forum List

Back