Trump - “I’m using my own money. I’m not using the lobbyists, I’m not using donors,"

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
This is a good point. All other politicians take money from the Illegal Alien Lobby. Trump doesn't have to.

Donald Trump for President I don t care I m really rich Wake Up From Your Slumber

He’s been called everything from asenine to xenophobic, now he wants to be called Mr. President. Billionaire Donald Trump throws his mysterious hair into the ring.

Donald Trump announced Tuesday that he hopes to become the Republican candidate for president in 2016, saying he will run, regardless of donations, thanks to his mega wealth. “I’m using my own money. I’m not using the lobbyists, I’m not using donors, I don’t care. I’m really rich,” said Trump, later saying his net worth is well over US$8 billion.

Didn't think you were allowed to use your own money. Donors' money equalling viability of a candidate. If you could use your own money bilionaires would run and win, and the theoretical 'good' candidates would never have a chance.

This is why, in the interests of truly free and democratic elections, something has to be done about campaign spending.

What he means is, I won't be in this long enough, or spend enough, to do my own personal fortune any harm, and additionally,
if this publicity stunt works,

I'll come out money ahead.

This is why, in the interests of truly free and democratic elections, something has to be done about campaign spending.

But what.?? Only solution i see is a return to states rights. It doesn't cost near as much to run for governor as to run for prez.

What he means is, I won't be in this long enough, or spend enough, to do my own personal fortune any harm, and additionally,
if this publicity stunt works,

I'll come out money ahead.

Hey bigtalk. Trump has $8 billion. How much you got.?

Didn't think you were allowed to use your own money. Donors' money equalling viability of a candidate. If you could use your own money bilionaires would run and win, and the theoretical 'good' candidates would never have a chance.

Ross Perot used a lot of his own money..

However that does not stop him from taking donations from people who support him..

This is a good point. All other politicians take money from the Illegal Alien Lobby. Trump doesn't have to.

Donald Trump for President I don t care I m really rich Wake Up From Your Slumber

He’s been called everything from asenine to xenophobic, now he wants to be called Mr. President. Billionaire Donald Trump throws his mysterious hair into the ring.

Donald Trump announced Tuesday that he hopes to become the Republican candidate for president in 2016, saying he will run, regardless of donations, thanks to his mega wealth. “I’m using my own money. I’m not using the lobbyists, I’m not using donors, I don’t care. I’m really rich,” said Trump, later saying his net worth is well over US$8 billion.

He'll mortgage his house, then declare bankruptcy when he doesn't get elected.

Of course candidates can self-finance their campaigns.

Michael Bloomberg spent hundreds of millions of dollars of his own money to run for mayor of NY 3 times.

Michael Bloomberg spent hundreds of millions of dollars of his own money to run for mayor of NY 3 times.

For mayoral campaigns sure.

For any campaign.

There are no limits to self-financing on a national level, either.

For any campaign.

Always thought it was otherwise. All the emphasis on fund-raising and whatnot. Why worry about fundraising if a candidate could foot the bill easily themselves?

For any campaign.

Always thought it was otherwise. All the emphasis on fund-raising and whatnot. Why worry about fundraising if a candidate could foot the bill easily themselves?

Because candidates rarely want to gamble their personal fortunes on a campaign that they might not win - and are still out the money, even if they do.

Ross Perot used a lot of his own money..

However that does not stop him from taking donations from people who support him..

At least Trump is running as a republicrat too, so as to not split the party and usher in the hildabeast.

I still don't think much of him, but I'm waiting to see what he does, if it's a serious campaign or just a publicity stunt. Not sure why someone would spend a billion of their own dollars for that job.

:cuckoo:

For any campaign.

Because candidates rarely want to gamble their personal fortunes on a campaign that they might not win - and are still out the money, even if they do.

Helping Themselves 2012 Candidates Have Spent Over 130 Million Funding Their Own Campaigns OpenSecrets Blog

Forum List

Back