🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump Implies George Bush responsible for 9/11

Hey, he finally got one right.

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/fir...gests-george-bush-failed-to-stop-911-attacks/

“When you talk about George Bush, I mean, say what you want, the World Trade Center came down during his time,” Mr. Trump said.

Typical. People are only right when you hear what you want from them. Even though the attack was planned throughout the Clinton years and he knew about bin Laden, we are supposed to forgive him and blame the new guy. Only Obama can blame the previous president for 7 years and get away with it.

Why don't you write a letter to Trump?

sure , statement I heard is factually correct , 'gwb' was the president at the time . Not 'bushs' fault but he was the pres and I have no problem with what I heard Trump say . Didn't look at link --- Go TRUMP !!

Why wasn't it his fault ?
If we assume that all bad things that happen during a presidency term is his fault, then yes it's his fault. However, that's pretty naive.

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/fir...gests-george-bush-failed-to-stop-911-attacks/

“When you talk about George Bush, I mean, say what you want, the World Trade Center came down during his time,” Mr. Trump said.

Typical. People are only right when you hear what you want from them. Even though the attack was planned throughout the Clinton years and he knew about bin Laden, we are supposed to forgive him and blame the new guy. Only Obama can blame the previous president for 7 years and get away with it.

Why? Sounds like you need to write him a fan letter since you're so giddy that you agree with him on this.

The Bu$h's actually had close business dealings with them. :eusa_eh: Your point?

The blame that is appropriate to assign to GWB doesn't concern 9/11, but what happened after the attack: two failed illegal wars, the un-Constitutional detentions at Guantanamo (Hamdan v. Rumsfeld, Boumediene v. Bush), and the creation of more government agencies and more government intrusion into citizens' private lives – the notion that GWB 'kept us safe' is ridiculous partisan idiocy.

Why? Sounds like you need to write him a fan letter since you're so giddy that you agree with him on this.

Oh, I was under the impression you disagreed with him. I guess you also think Bush should be held responsible for 9/11.

sure , statement I heard is factually correct , 'gwb' was the president at the time . Not 'bushs' fault but he was the pres and I have no problem with what I heard Trump say . Didn't look at link --- Go TRUMP !!

Why wasn't it his fault ?
If we assume that all bad things that happen during a presidency term is his fault, then yes it's his fault. However, that's pretty naive.
Naïve, ridiculous, and factually wrong.

But such is the idiocy of partisanism.

The blame that is appropriate to assign to GWB doesn't concern 9/11, but what happened after the attack: two failed illegal wars, the un-Constitutional detentions at Guantanamo (Hamdan v. Rumsfeld, Boumediene v. Bush), and the creation of more government agencies and more government intrusion into citizens' private lives – the notion that GWB 'kept us safe' is ridiculous partisan idiocy.

I mostly agree with this. However, Bush and his team did nothing with the information they did have before 9/11. It probably would have happened anyway but maybe a little effort would have been nice.

My understanding of what Trump said was

"Bush failed to protect us on 9/11"

In other words, it is incorrect to say "George Bush protected America" when there was an incident on his watch that is proof he failed to protect America.

I do not blame 9/11 on Bush, i.e. I do not think he planned it or caused it.

But it is obvious that his administration was caught flatfooted when it occurred.
Are we actually dissecting Trump's statements? This guy says whatever runs through his head that will get attention. He can't remember what he said 5 minutes after he says it. If you ask him today if he stands by this statement, he would say absolutely yes and then he would proceed with other rhetoric just as shocking that modified his previous statement.

God I hate to say this, but he's right!

The problem was a lack of communication from the Clinton administration. The offices that new of the possible attacks was not allowed to pass that information on to the agencies that could have stopped it.

It was only BECAUSE of the attack that this was discovered - and Pres Bush quickly acted to correct it.

If there is one thing I am certain of, Pres Bush spends every day wondering if there wasn't something he could've done beforehand to stop it.

He'd be better off spending his time wondering why the fuck he invaded Iraq.

I mostly agree with this. However, Bush and his team did nothing with the information they did have before 9/11. It probably would have happened anyway but maybe a little effort would have been nice.
Given the nature of the 9/11 attacks, how they were planned and executed, and the level of airport security at the time, assigning blame to GWB for the attacks is simply not warranted.

^ that

The very definition of INTRUSIVE BIG GOV't brought to you by :up: Republicans :clap2:

God I hate to say this, but he's right!

The problem was a lack of communication from the Clinton administration. The offices that new of the possible attacks was not allowed to pass that information on to the agencies that could have stopped it.

It was only BECAUSE of the attack that this was discovered - and Pres Bush quickly acted to correct it.

If there is one thing I am certain of, Pres Bush spends every day wondering if there wasn't something he could've done beforehand to stop it.

He'd be better off spending his time wondering why the fuck he invaded Iraq.
Trump was also against that voluntary, unpaid-for war- vietraq Clementine

LONGKNIFE SAID:

"The problem was a lack of communication from the Clinton administration."

Wrong.

This is a lie.

The Clinton Administration made every effort to provide incoming Bush officials intelligence concerning attacks inside the United States:

'[A] classified document prepared by the CIA and signed by President Clinton states: “The intelligence community has strong indications that bin Laden intends to conduct or sponsor attacks inside the US.” This warning will be mentioned in the August 2001 memo given to President Bush entitled “Bin Laden Determined to Strike in US”'

Complete 911 Timeline: 'Bin Laden Determined to Strike in US' PDB

Again, given the nature of the attack, blaming GWB is simply not warranted.

But for conservatives to attempt to propagate the lie that Clinton was somehow 'responsible' is yet another manifestation of the reprehensible right.

Indeed, incoming Bush officials showed little interest in bin Laden, focusing instead on Saddam and Iraq, neither of which had anything to do with 9/11.

^ that

The very definition of INTRUSIVE BIG GOV't brought to you by :up: Republicans :clap2:
Big government is a fact of life. People hate the cost and intrusiveness but they love the benefits so it's not about to go away. The goal for Democrats and Republicans should be to make big government run smother and more cost effective. Then we will see real progress like we have never seen before.

My understanding of what Trump said was

"Bush failed to protect us on 9/11"

In other words, it is incorrect to say "George Bush protected America" when there was an incident on his watch that is proof he failed to protect America.

I do not blame 9/11 on Bush, i.e. I do not think he planned it or caused it.

But it is obvious that his administration was caught flatfooted when it occurred.
Are we actually dissecting Trump's statements? This guy says whatever runs through his head that will get attention. He can't remember what he said 5 minutes after he says it. If you ask him today if he stands by this statement, he would say absolutely yes and then he would proceed with other rhetoric just as shocking that modified his previous statement.
Go Trump !! --- Trump's Sept. 11 Comments Draw Ire of Other Candidates --- Go TRUMP !

working just as Trump has planned , what do we have here , 16 pages of silliness and its being talked about on tely !! lindasey graham calling for Trump to apologize just a moment ago .

and all that Trump said was hey , gwb was president at the time that 9-11 happened and Trump is correct !!

The Muslim/Jihadist pigdogs who hijacked the planes, and Osama bin Laden (now, happily, whale shit in the bottom of the ocean) and his filthy ilk are the ones "responsible" for 9/11/2001.

W was at the helm at the time of the attacks. He had not been there for long. Bubba Clinton was at the helm when Osama's crew attacked the Cole. Clinton (bubba, not Shrillary) had a perfect chance to get rid of Osama prior to vacating the Oval Office, but he dillied and dallied and yammered and bleated and made his infamous Executive INdecision not to do it.

It would make more honest sense to "blame" Bubba rather than W.

But it would be about as pointless. The true blame still goes much much deeper in the historical record.

Trump was also against that voluntary, unpaid-for war- vietraq Clementine

What does that have to do with the OP praising Trump for saying something he/she agrees with? I will not be voting for Trump and could care less what he thinks. Obama spent 7 years now blaming Bush for everything. Why couldn't Bush blame Clinton? It's a fair question.

Forum List

Back