Trump/Invictus: Soccer-Stickie

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
This sports peace-promotional vignette was inspired by Invictus and is dedicated to President Trump.

eagle.jpg

====

American paramilitary crusaders known as 'G.I. Joes' were assembled by U.S. President Donald Trump to deal with a super-terrorist organization known as 'Cobra' right as Moscow (Russia) was coordinating the upcoming commerce-and-peace symbolic World Cup soccer tournament in the summer. Trump wanted the G.I. Joes to secure all operations so the World Cup proceeded smoothly, but Cobra had other plans. Serpentor and Cobra Commander (two key ghouls/agents of Cobra) wanted to plant chemical weapons in the soccer stadiums in Moscow during the tournament games! How would this terrorism-campaign play out as summer approached?

gijoe15.jpg

Two ninja-warrior friends, friends since childhood, named Storm-Shadow and Snake-Eyes were now on opposite sides of the coin. Storm-Shadow was a lethal assassin working for Cobra, while Snake-Eyes was a wily and masked field-soldier for the G.I. Joes. Storm-Shadow was sent to Moscow by Cobra Commander to infiltrate all international security fortifications at the World Cup tournament, and Snake-Eyes was sent to chase him. When the two came face-to-face, Snake-Eyes wanted to know why his childhood best-friend was now evil, and Storm-Shadow explained that terrorism initiatives were the 'prescription' for the modern world of capitalism-oriented socio-political (and cultural!) corruption. For a moment, Storm-Shadow and Snake-Eyes put aside their differences and enjoyed a World Cup exhibition pre-tournament game (hosted by South Korea) and commented on how the whole Joe-Cobra War was a sort of 'modernism madness.'

gijoe13.jpg

G.I. Joe commander Duke ordered that their female field-soldier and war-consultant Scarlett be assigned to all PR-sectors for the World Cup tournament. Scarlett took up the important mission and noted how the tournament planners intended to present the fans and visitors/tourists with nightly cinema-showings (for entertainment purposes and R&R). The soccer-athletes as well as coaches and fans would be invited to these movie-screenings. Scarlett made sure that three of the screened films were Alien: Covenant (a sci-fi modernism horror-film about species devastation), Wimbledon (a portrait of the iconic/prestigious annual international Grand Slam tennis-tournament in England), and The Jewel of the Nile (a romantic action-adventure fable starring Michael Douglas about a precocious quest for a precious foreign treasure), since these three fortune-themed films symbolized human perspectives on fate/destiny. Scarlett wondered how Snake-Eyes would find and neutralize Storm-Shadow (so that the soccer-tournament would proceed sanely!). Would the World Cup in Russia evade the anathema of international terrorism so fans/athletes could embrace modern unity?

9.jpg

GOD: I'm very optimistic about the upcoming World Cup.
SATAN: Moscow has made all the preparations...
GOD: Snake-Eyes is hot-on-the-trail of Storm-Shadow.
SATAN: The G.I. Joes should be able to handle Cobra schemes.
GOD: International sports represents peace and commerce (and media!).
SATAN: Yes, U.S. President Donald Trump endorsed the PyeongChang Games.
GOD: Yes, the 2018 Winter Olympics saw beneficial pacts between North and South Korea.
SATAN: Terrorism has made international relations very 'sweaty.'
GOD: Perhaps Snake-Eyes and Storm-Shadow will become friends again...
SATAN: There's no reason not to pray!
GOD: After 9/11, the world has been 'on edge' about international events/monuments.
SATAN: Yes, the Lincoln Memorial was considered a potential terrorist-target of Cobra.
GOD: I think if England or Argentina does well at the World Cup, there will be nice chatter.
SATAN: Of course. England is a dominant Western nation, while Argentina is colorful!
GOD: Perhaps the modern media age is reshaping 'customs discussions.'
SATAN: The great Joe-Cobra War will symbolize globalization hopes...
GOD: Let's go watch Argo and Munich on Netflix!
SATAN: I'm with you (for now).

====

:dance:

Forum List

Back