Trump is amazing because...

frigidweirdo

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2014
Trump’s grammar in speeches ‘just below 6th grade level,’ study finds

Because his grammar is better than George W. Bush's, yep, it's official. Trump with 6th grade and Bush W. was 5th grade.

imrs.php

Though his vocabulary is the worst. But Reagan man, his was damn good.

Because his grammar is better than George W. Bush's, yep, it's official. Trump with 6th grade and Bush W. was 5th grade.

imrs.php

Reading your link seems to contradict your conclusion. A speech is written by speech writers, those skilled in putting words on paper geared to the audience.

A better measure is the vocabulary and syntax when speaking to others off the cuff. Sometimes the speaker has a ready response which they use whenever required to do so, others obviously think as they speak and use fillers ("you know", "Um"), and some are natural contemporaneous and extemporaneous speakers, those who have studied myriad issues and thought them through.

I think those examples - sans Lincoln - we have heard speak without preparation and are clearly different. trump relies on fillers, rote comments and deflections; Obama's thinks as he speaks, thus the stutter, he is concerned with being precise, GWB was, well GWB, Bill Clinton was the most accomplished speaker and likely the smartest, and Reagan the most polished who could charm the rust off of a squeaky gate.

If anyone has ever lived or visited The Big Apple they are well familiar with Trump's speech. But I'd like to know how Obama's uhhs ahhhs umms etc that are routinely peppered in his speaking is more intelligent?

imrs.php

Reading your link seems to contradict your conclusion. A speech is written by speech writers, those skilled in putting words on paper geared to the audience.

A better measure is the vocabulary and syntax when speaking to others off the cuff. Sometimes the speaker has a ready response which they use whenever required to do so, others obviously think as they speak and use fillers ("you know", "Um"), and some are natural contemporaneous and extemporaneous speakers, those who have studied myriad issues and thought them through.

I think those examples - sans Lincoln - we have heard speak without preparation and are clearly different. trump relies on fillers, rote comments and deflections; Obama's thinks as he speaks, thus the stutter, he is concerned with being precise, GWB was, well GWB, Bill Clinton was the most accomplished speaker and likely the smartest, and Reagan the most polished who could charm the rust off of a squeaky gate.

And Obama didn't speak off teleprompter as he was the most brainless. W and HW were just painful to watch and listen to, I cringed every time they talked. They were just horrible speakers. Slick was a good speaker except you always knew he was lying. Credibility is important. Trump has too many gestures he repeats, but on pure speaking ability he's better than anyone since Reagan except Slick.

Clinton was always just over her head as her whole political career was handed to her by Slick and the Democrats wanting to recreate the experience, which was never going to happen with her. Clinton of all of them, including Reagan, would be the #1 guy I'd want to have a beer with. He just seems like a really genial guy to hang out with. He certainly was intelligent as you say, unfortunately he never put it to good use

If anyone has ever lived or visited The Big Apple they are well familiar with Trump's speech. But I'd like to know how Obama's uhhs ahhhs umms etc that are routinely peppered in his speaking is more intelligent?

If you like an arrogant, condescending, know it all for a speaker, Obama's your guy

imrs.php

While I'll agree with Clinton and Reagan, I don't know about Obama. The times his teleprompter went out he looked like the proverbial deer in the headlights. I tend to think of him as more of an actor reading lines.

Something I find interesting is the difference between US politicians and British. While some US politicos are accomplished speakers, I can't think of one that would stand to some of the debates I see among the Brits. And I mean real debates not the canned crap we get served.

And Obama didn't speak off teleprompter as he was the most brainless.

Yep, he even answered all the questions and carried entire conversations straight from teleprompter, his mastery of the device was amazing:

Yep, he even answered all the questions and carried entire conversations straight from teleprompter, his mastery of the device was amazing:

He's an empty suit. He just parrots white, liberal, New England leftists. He's never had an original thought in his life

He's an empty suit. He just parrots white, liberal, New England leftists. He's never had an original thought in his life

Whatever you say nutter.

imrs.php

While I'll agree with Clinton and Reagan, I don't know about Obama. The times his teleprompter went out he looked like the proverbial deer in the headlights. I tend to think of him as more of an actor reading lines.

Something I find interesting is the difference between US politicians and British. While some US politicos are accomplished speakers, I can't think of one that would stand to some of the debates I see among the Brits. And I mean real debates not the canned crap we get served.

I've watched the debates in the H. of Commons, most are intermingled with cheers and jeers, they almost make our members of the H. of Rep. look civilized - emphasis on almost make.

Forum List

Back