Trump is amazing because...

He has to dumb it down for left loons to understand the message
Hey sassy ,deplorable, the man is an idiot and a liar Where are those tax returns he PROMISED ?

Run along, eddie. You're just spewing your hate like the rest if the idiot left on this forum. It's old...time to move on. Trump is president and there isn't a thing you all can do about it. You lost and in the words of your Messiah....elections have consequences.

If anyone has ever lived or visited The Big Apple they are well familiar with Trump's speech. But I'd like to know how Obama's uhhs ahhhs umms etc that are routinely peppered in his speaking is more intelligent?

uhhs ahhhs umms and I were 97% of any given Obama speech

And Obama didn't speak off teleprompter as he was the most brainless.

Yep, he even answered all the questions and carried entire conversations straight from teleprompter, his mastery of the device was amazing:

He's an empty suit. He just parrots white, liberal, New England leftists. He's never had an original thought in his life

Whatever you say nutter.

You're just in love with him

Trump’s grammar in speeches ‘just below 6th grade level,’ study finds

Because his grammar is better than George W. Bush's, yep, it's official. Trump with 6th grade and Bush W. was 5th grade.

imrs.php

Though his vocabulary is the worst. But Reagan man, his was damn good.

Reading your link seems to contradict your conclusion. A speech is written by speech writers, those skilled in putting words on paper geared to the audience.

A better measure is the vocabulary and syntax when speaking to others off the cuff. Sometimes the speaker has a ready response which they use whenever required to do so, others obviously think as they speak and use fillers ("you know", "Um"), and some are natural contemporaneous and extemporaneous speakers, those who have studied myriad issues and thought them through.

I think those examples - sans Lincoln - we have heard speak without preparation and are clearly different. trump relies on fillers, rote comments and deflections; Obama's thinks as he speaks, thus the stutter, he is concerned with being precise, GWB was, well GWB, Bill Clinton was the most accomplished speaker and likely the smartest, and Reagan the most polished who could charm the rust off of a squeaky gate.
While I'll agree with Clinton and Reagan, I don't know about Obama. The times his teleprompter went out he looked like the proverbial deer in the headlights. I tend to think of him as more of an actor reading lines.

Something I find interesting is the difference between US politicians and British. While some US politicos are accomplished speakers, I can't think of one that would stand to some of the debates I see among the Brits. And I mean real debates not the canned crap we get served.

I've watched the debates in the H. of Commons, most are intermingled with cheers and jeers, they almost make our members of the H. of Rep. look civilized - emphasis on almost make.
I've often been impressed with many of the Brits when they are taking questions from audiences. I don't believe any US politician could speak off the cuff to the level I often see with the Brits.

Because his grammar is better than George W. Bush's, yep, it's official. Trump with 6th grade and Bush W. was 5th grade.

imrs.php

Reading your link seems to contradict your conclusion. A speech is written by speech writers, those skilled in putting words on paper geared to the audience.

A better measure is the vocabulary and syntax when speaking to others off the cuff. Sometimes the speaker has a ready response which they use whenever required to do so, others obviously think as they speak and use fillers ("you know", "Um"), and some are natural contemporaneous and extemporaneous speakers, those who have studied myriad issues and thought them through.

I think those examples - sans Lincoln - we have heard speak without preparation and are clearly different. trump relies on fillers, rote comments and deflections; Obama's thinks as he speaks, thus the stutter, he is concerned with being precise, GWB was, well GWB, Bill Clinton was the most accomplished speaker and likely the smartest, and Reagan the most polished who could charm the rust off of a squeaky gate.
While I'll agree with Clinton and Reagan, I don't know about Obama. The times his teleprompter went out he looked like the proverbial deer in the headlights. I tend to think of him as more of an actor reading lines.

Something I find interesting is the difference between US politicians and British. While some US politicos are accomplished speakers, I can't think of one that would stand to some of the debates I see among the Brits. And I mean real debates not the canned crap we get served.

I've watched the debates in the H. of Commons, most are intermingled with cheers and jeers, they almost make our members of the H. of Rep. look civilized - emphasis on almost make.
I've often been impressed with many of the Brits when they are taking questions from audiences. I don't believe any US politician could speak off the cuff to the level I often see with the Brits.

Answering questions with an English accent, just kind of turns you on, huh? How can anyone with an English accent not sound intelligent?

It's a refreshing change from an Obama speech where every other word was "I"
come on frank If ever there was an I man it's Trump Thinks glowingly of himself and if his arms were longer you'd see him patting himself on the back all day

Since Trump avoids any word that is over 2 syllables, he is easily understood by the Right. I am sure that this is why he does not mind being called self aggrandizing. He has no idea what it means. Also, since every other sentence refers to himself, in one way or the other, he keeps his message simple. In fact, I think of Trump's speaking as being very similar to TV advertising, which is geared to the lowest common denominator. Sort, of like, "Winston tastes good, like a cigarette should." It says nothing, to people who would not understand substance anyway.

imrs.php

"Your black President with the oversized ears and un-American name was a smooth talker; like a pitch man selling snake oil he made you feel warm and fuzzy inside. He wasn't a do'er. Trump is a billionaire not because he's a smooth talker but because he's a do'er...he gets shit done."
So what do you pussies want...a soft spoken intellectual sounding voice to comfort you or someone direct, concise and getting shit done?

imrs.php

Clinton had the highest I/Q.

The others who scored high just went to expensive colleges.

"W" certainly was a dufus as is DJ Trump. Both of them have lost vast sums of money in their businesses.

I see a lot of inexperience and naivety in Trump, which is what is most unique about him.

His inauguration speech was mostly a variation on R.Lee Ermey's introductory soliloquy in FMJ "your days of finger banging sweet Mary Jane Rottencroch are over."

I don't think he will mess up the world as much as "W" did.

We don't know if he will be as inept an outsider as Carter was.

He may or may not rob the poor like Reagan and GWH Bush did with tax cuts on the rich and tax hikes on workers.

With two generals now at Sec Def and Homland Security he is able to defend the Nation and attack ISIS and Al Qaeda. That's about all he can do without the rest of his team in place.

John Brennan is a good man at CIA while his own general is vetted for that job. I have complete confidence in Brennan and really wish he would stay on there.

The most interesting things now will be the confirmation hearings in the Senate. Schumer can delay, but he cannot filibuster them.

It's a refreshing change from an Obama speech where every other word was "I"
come on frank If ever there was an I man it's Trump Thinks glowingly of himself and if his arms were longer you'd see him patting himself on the back all day

Listen again, Trumps speeches are about "we" not "I"
But when DJ Trump says "we" he means him and the mouse in his pocket. That's just how Presidents talk. BHO said the same thing. They think they are kings already.

The Brit's are equivocators and forked tongue liars.

Don't be too impressed.

Last edited:
Since Trump avoids any word that is over 2 syllables, he is easily understood by the Right. I am sure that this is why he does not mind being called self aggrandizing. He has no idea what it means. Also, since every other sentence refers to himself, in one way or the other, he keeps his message simple. In fact, I think of Trump's speaking as being very similar to TV advertising, which is geared to the lowest common denominator. Sort, of like, "Winston tastes good, like a cigarette should." It says nothing, to people who would not understand substance anyway.

This is Orange Julius standing up for the downtrodden blue collar worker ...any questions ?

In his new announcement about cutting federal regulations, President Trump today said that when a company wants to "do something monstrous and special, you're going to have your approvals really fast."
01.23.2017 - 11:54 AM EDT
Monstrous and Special

This is Orange Julius standing up for the downtrodden blue collar worker ...any questions ?

In his new announcement about cutting federal regulations, President Trump today said that when a company wants to "do something monstrous and special, you're going to have your approvals really fast."
01.23.2017 - 11:54 AM EDT
Monstrous and Special
If he wants to be re-elected by the same swing state voters then yes he must.

Forum List

Back