Trump is amazing because...

If anyone has ever lived or visited The Big Apple they are well familiar with Trump's speech. But I'd like to know how Obama's uhhs ahhhs umms etc that are routinely peppered in his speaking is more intelligent?

They're fillers, but thoughtful fillers sense they stay focused on the issue at hand, trump by contrast meanders all over the place, and if the question is too challenging he becomes overly defensive and attacks - what he feels - is the inquisitor.
Thoughtful fillers? LOL, you are a brainwashed deeply religious disciple to believe that.

Reading your link seems to contradict your conclusion. A speech is written by speech writers, those skilled in putting words on paper geared to the audience.

A better measure is the vocabulary and syntax when speaking to others off the cuff. Sometimes the speaker has a ready response which they use whenever required to do so, others obviously think as they speak and use fillers ("you know", "Um"), and some are natural contemporaneous and extemporaneous speakers, those who have studied myriad issues and thought them through.

I think those examples - sans Lincoln - we have heard speak without preparation and are clearly different. trump relies on fillers, rote comments and deflections; Obama's thinks as he speaks, thus the stutter, he is concerned with being precise, GWB was, well GWB, Bill Clinton was the most accomplished speaker and likely the smartest, and Reagan the most polished who could charm the rust off of a squeaky gate.
While I'll agree with Clinton and Reagan, I don't know about Obama. The times his teleprompter went out he looked like the proverbial deer in the headlights. I tend to think of him as more of an actor reading lines.

Something I find interesting is the difference between US politicians and British. While some US politicos are accomplished speakers, I can't think of one that would stand to some of the debates I see among the Brits. And I mean real debates not the canned crap we get served.

I've watched the debates in the H. of Commons, most are intermingled with cheers and jeers, they almost make our members of the H. of Rep. look civilized - emphasis on almost make.
I've often been impressed with many of the Brits when they are taking questions from audiences. I don't believe any US politician could speak off the cuff to the level I often see with the Brits.

Answering questions with an English accent, just kind of turns you on, huh? How can anyone with an English accent not sound intelligent?

Listening to Sen. Sessions has the exact same effect, how can anyone with a Southern drawl not sound stupid?

More bigotry and hate from the left

While I'll agree with Clinton and Reagan, I don't know about Obama. The times his teleprompter went out he looked like the proverbial deer in the headlights. I tend to think of him as more of an actor reading lines.

Something I find interesting is the difference between US politicians and British. While some US politicos are accomplished speakers, I can't think of one that would stand to some of the debates I see among the Brits. And I mean real debates not the canned crap we get served.

I've watched the debates in the H. of Commons, most are intermingled with cheers and jeers, they almost make our members of the H. of Rep. look civilized - emphasis on almost make.
I've often been impressed with many of the Brits when they are taking questions from audiences. I don't believe any US politician could speak off the cuff to the level I often see with the Brits.

Answering questions with an English accent, just kind of turns you on, huh? How can anyone with an English accent not sound intelligent?

Listening to Sen. Sessions has the exact same effect, how can anyone with a Southern drawl not sound stupid?

Sarcasm is way way over your head, as are most things.

If anyone has ever lived or visited The Big Apple they are well familiar with Trump's speech. But I'd like to know how Obama's uhhs ahhhs umms etc that are routinely peppered in his speaking is more intelligent?

They're fillers, but thoughtful fillers sense they stay focused on the issue at hand, trump by contrast meanders all over the place, and if the question is too challenging he becomes overly defensive and attacks - what he feels - is the inquisitor.
Thoughtful fillers? LOL, you are a brainwashed deeply religious disciple to believe that.

You wouldn't recognize a thoughtful remark, you're too focused on defending your own biases.

Yes, insulting Southerners is "sarcasm." You really are that stupid, aren't you?

Northerners wet your beds until you are 50. So your choices are laugh or admit you don't grasp sarcasm

Yes, insulting Southerners is "sarcasm." You really are that stupid, aren't you?

Northerners wet your beds until you are 50. So your choices are laugh or admit you don't grasp sarcasm

I wouldn't know, I live in Coastal California. It may be true.

You wouldn't recognize a thoughtful remark, you're too focused on defending your own biases.
...except you can't even respond to the point. So I have nothing to defend. In fact, liberals for some reason believe the right has to defend themselves. We don't. I have nothing to be ashamed of or to excuse. I spend my time attacking the shear stupidity, filth, lies and smears that comes from leftists like you. It's all you have to offer.

Forum List

Back