Trump is ineligible to run for office.

Is it legal for the President to declare martial law?

Why are you asking me questions instead of answering mine? The answer to your strawman question is yes. My question, again, is for what reasons is Martial Law invoked? Do you need to phone-a-friend?

Why? We'll just throw you shitheads in jail if you try anything again. It's funny you are so willing to defend Trump over a bunch of lies. Then again, the likes of you are too much of a coward to actually do anything.
Come get us traitor.

So? Their plan exists whether I look it up for you or you do it yourself. Frankly, I'm not sure why you're even debating this if you're really this ignorant about it. It's not new information, it happened close to 3 years ago and was the reason Stewart Rhodes was sentenced to 18 years in prison.
Lol, this turd knows everything. He thinks.

Lol, this turd knows everything. He thinks.

That is common knowledge to anyone who's been paying attention for the last couple of years. Why blame others because you're so ill-informed?

Didn't you already cry like a bitch when the FBI did exactly that to round up the criminals who stormed the Capitol and/or assaulted Capitol police?
No liar. Come get us.

I can smell your fear from here. He isn't going to be stopped. Read it carefully. The 14th was about stopping any Southerners who were part of the rebellion from being able to serve. Your list is quite specific and POTUS isn't on that list. OTOH, the Constitution clearly defines the qualifications to run for and hold that office.

Finally, just because your media masters keep repeating the mantra about insurrection or rebellion, it doesn't make that true. Suck it up and get ready to choose whether or not you're going to be willing to do more than be a keyboard warrior. If/when he wins, that propaganda war is going to demand that people get in the streets to "resist" Trump. It'll be time to put up or shut up. If your party tries to pull another 2020, this country is going to burn.
Yep,he is terrified of trump coming back,the commie America haters like him are clearly grasping at straws.:rofl:

Why are you asking me questions instead of answering mine? The answer to your strawman question is yes. My question, again, is for what reasons is Martial Law invoked? Do you need to phone-a-friend?
Well if it's illegal for the President to declare martial law then it doesn't matter his reasons, because it's illegal. To answer your question one instance where the President can declare martial law is rebellion. So if the goal of the Oath Keepers, or whoever, was to trick Trump into declaring martial law (which he didn't, but legally could) then it wasn't really an insurrection. It was a riot masquerading as an insurrection. The purpose of insurrection is to overthrow the government, but that wouldn't have been the purpose here. Trump couldn't be engaging in insurrection because he can legally declare martial law. In fact, he could have done so even if this was a riot, not an insurrection.

Let's look at what insurrection is, by law.

1999 US Code :: Title 18 - CRIMES AND CRIMINAL PROCEDURE :: PART I - CRIMES :: CHAPTER 115 - TREASON, SEDITION, AND SUBVERSIVE ACTIVITIES :: Sec. 2383 - Rebellion or insurrection

Whoever incites, sets on foot, assists, or engages in any rebellion or insurrection against the authority of the United States or the laws thereof, or gives aid or comfort thereto, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

By your own accounting this was not a rebellion against the authority of the United States. It was a trick to get Trump to use his legal authority to declare martial law, which, by the way, does not include the power to ignore election results or declare a new election. Trump's authority would be to use the military to suppress the riot/fake insurrection.

So? Their plan exists whether I look it up for you or you do it yourself. Frankly, I'm not sure why you're even debating this if you're really this ignorant about it. It's not new information, it happened close to 3 years ago and was the reason Stewart Rhodes was sentenced to 18 years in prison.
He was convicted of seditious conspiracy. He was not convicted of trying to trick Trump into declaring martial law.

Well if it's illegal for the President to declare martial law then it doesn't matter his reasons, because it's illegal. To answer your question one instance where the President can declare martial law is rebellion. So if the goal of the Oath Keepers, or whoever, was to trick Trump into declaring martial law (which he didn't, but legally could) then it wasn't really an insurrection. It was a riot masquerading as an insurrection. The purpose of insurrection is to overthrow the government, but that wouldn't have been the purpose here. Trump couldn't be engaging in insurrection because he can legally declare martial law. In fact, he could have done so even if this was a riot, not an insurrection.

Let's look at what insurrection is, by law.

1999 US Code :: Title 18 - CRIMES AND CRIMINAL PROCEDURE :: PART I - CRIMES :: CHAPTER 115 - TREASON, SEDITION, AND SUBVERSIVE ACTIVITIES :: Sec. 2383 - Rebellion or insurrection

Whoever incites, sets on foot, assists, or engages in any rebellion or insurrection against the authority of the United States or the laws thereof, or gives aid or comfort thereto, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

By your own accounting this was not a rebellion against the authority of the United States. It was a trick to get Trump to use his legal authority to declare martial law, which, by the way, does not include the power to ignore election results or declare a new election. Trump's authority would be to use the military to suppress the riot/fake insurrection.

The Oath Keepers weren't charged insurrection because their plan to commit insurrection failed; because Antifa never showed up and they didn't go through with it. Thus, they were convicted of seditious conspiracy for planning it, which they were recorded doing.

The Oath Keepers weren't charged insurrection because their plan to commit insurrection failed; because Antifa never showed up and they didn't go through with it. Thus, they were convicted of seditious conspiracy for planning it, which they were recorded doing.
Their plan, according to what you say it was, wasn't insurrection. It was to riot in hopes that Trump would declare martial law. You've already agreed that Trump would have had the legal right to do so. There was no insurrection, or plan of insurrection.

Their plan, according to what you say it was, wasn't insurrection. It was to riot in hopes that Trump would declare martial law. You've already agreed that Trump would have had the legal right to do so. There was no insurrection, or plan of insurrection.

Their plan was to prevent the peaceful transfer of power using force. That's insurrection. That's why they were convicted of seditious conspiracy, which is the planning or incitement of insurrection.

Their plan was to prevent the peaceful transfer of power using force. That's insurrection. That's why they were convicted of seditious conspiracy, which is the planning or incitement of insurrection.
No, their plan was to get Trump to declare martial law. That's what you told me anyway. Trump declaring martial law has no effect on Biden becoming President.

No, their plan was to get Trump to declare martial law. That's what you told me anyway. Trump declaring martial law has no effect on Biden becoming President.

Their plan was for Trump to declare an insurrection and call them up as the militia.

Savvy?

They wanted an insurrection. That was part of their plan. They were armed and ready to start it with Antifa. That was also part of their plan. That was them, planning an insurrection. Their own words.

Again, planning an insurrection is seditious conspiracy. They were tried and convicted of that. Yet here you are, denying they planned an insurrection. :cuckoo:

Their plan was for Trump to declare an insurrection and call them up as the militia.

Savvy?

They wanted an insurrection. That was part of their plan. They were armed and ready to start it with Antifa. That was also part of their plan. That was them, planning an insurrection. Their own words.

Again, planning an insurrection is seditious conspiracy. They were tried and convicted of that. Yet here you are, denying they planned an insurrection. :cuckoo:
According to your version of their plan, it was to start a riot and have Trump incorrectly declare it to be an insurrection. Trump was the lawful authority and they were not rebelling against the lawful authority! They were convicted of seditious conspiracy, not for planning an insurrection, but for obstructing official proceedings of the government.

Forum List

Back