Trump is ineligible to run for office.

According to your version of their plan, it was to start a riot and have Trump incorrectly declare it to be an insurrection. Trump was the lawful authority and they were not rebelling against the lawful authority! They were convicted of seditious conspiracy, not for planning an insurrection, but for obstructing official proceedings of the government.

It matters not if it would have been correctly declared an insurrection or incorrectly. What does matter is they wanted it to be an insurrection. And it was to support Trump and somehow keep him in office as he was 2 weeks away from no longer being president.

They planned to start an insurrection.

They were tried & convicted of a crime which is the planning of an insurrection.

Yet you keep denying they did what they were convicted of.

It matters not if it would have been correctly declared an insurrection or incorrectly. What does matter is they wanted it to be an insurrection. And it was to support Trump and somehow keep him in office as he was 2 weeks away from no longer being president.

They planned to start an insurrection.

They were tried & convicted of a crime which is the planning of an insurrection.

Yet you keep denying they did what they were convicted of.
They were convicted of seditious conspiracy. I've already quoted the law, which shows that it is not equivalent to planning an insurrection. Planning an insurrection is sufficient, but not necessary, for an act to be seditious conspiracy. The fact that they were not rebelling against the lawful authority, i.e. Trump, means that their act was neither insurrection for planning to commit insurrection. Joe Biden was not the lawful authority on Jan. 6th.

They were convicted of seditious conspiracy. I've already quoted the law, which shows that it is not equivalent to planning an insurrection. Planning an insurrection is sufficient, but not necessary, for an act to be seditious conspiracy. The fact that they were not rebelling against the lawful authority, i.e. Trump, means that their act was neither insurrection for planning to commit insurrection. Joe Biden was not the lawful authority on Jan. 6th.

LOL

Doesn't matter what you claim. What matters is what the Oath Keepers claimed. They said it was to be an insurrection so that Trump could use the insurrection to declare Martial law.

Nothing else matters.

It doesn't matter that it would have been legal for Trump to declare Martial Law.

Doesn't matter if they lacked the ability to take over the government.

Doesn't matter that they planned to do it FOR Trump, who was part of the government. They were still doing it as a rebellion against the government to prevent Biden's certification.

Doesn't matter if they couldn't actually prevent Biden's certification. They weren't charged with that. They were charged with planning it.

Hence, seditious conspiracy.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back