Trump is right we already have too many languages here

I am all for strict immigration controls but saying there are "too many languages" in this country is just plain stupid.
On the surface, and in following the ‘our diversity is our strength’ bullshit programming that appears to be a noble thing to say…but people who want to live in a UNITED nation know better.
Language is the primary component to bonding /unifying people and everyone sane knows it.

Speak english in this country while out in public.
I agree that there should only be one language in all governmental and corporate offices and that language is English. What people speak at home is their business.

Having said that I am a firm believer that our children should be taught a foreign language of their choosing in school or at least required to take a course or two. I took French for many years in elementary school. It was required. I still remember quite a bit of it. I have read studies that found that people who speak multiple languages have lower rates of dementia and Alzheimers.

Last edited:
That’s what Libs do…it’s how they stay confused and twisted. They build goofy semantics and complexities into everything. They can’t simplify anything, thats why they can’t and won’t solve anything.
Your stupidity does not represent any political ideology, loser.

I agree that there should only be one language in all governmental and corporate offices and that language is English. What people speak at home is their business.
So you don't want people to understand what they are voting for or what corporate decisions they are making? Does that seem practical to you?

Speak whatever language you want in this country while out in public or in private.
Yeah do that and be heckled by REAL Americans.
Compel real Americans to stare at you like you’re part of another species…like you don’t belong.

So you don't want people to understand what they are voting for or what corporate decisions they are making? Does that seem practical to you?
Fair point. I would imagine though that anyone who takes and passes the US citizenship test has to have some fluency in English. I know many legal documents have various other languages on them, such as summons, which may have Spanish and French translations attached.
I am not opposed to that. I am much more concerned in a situation where I walk into Court or call the County Assessor's Office and some clerk tells me they don't speak English.

I am all for people reading publications or watching TV in any language they choose.

Be that as it may, the English language binds this nation. I am not in favor of having any language on par with English in this country that is all.

... I am much more concerned in a situation where I walk into Court or call the County Assessor's Office and some clerk tells me they don't speak English.

Has that ever happened to you?

Has that ever happened to you?
Ever been to Miami? When I was in South Florida there were one or two clerks who spoke English with limited fluency. Admittedly it is extremely rare. My point is that I don't think we should ever get to that point where it is not extremely rare. That is all.

Does it really cause any harm to any of y'all if you are out going about your business and you happen to be within earshot of two (or more) people with no relation to you who are speaking to each other in a language other than English?

Does it really cause any harm to any of y'all if you are out going about your business and you happen to be within earshot of two (or more) people with no relation to you who are speaking to each other in a language other than English?
It’s not really about that…it’s not that simple. It’s about assimilation. An expectation must be met in that regard.

Forum List

Back