Trump - Is This the kind of person for President?

A federal judge has approved a $41 million civil rights settlement to five black and Hispanic men wrongfully convicted in the horrific beating and rape of a white female jogger in New York's Central Park in 1989, Mayor Bill de Blasio said in a statement Friday.
Central Park jogger case brings $41 million settlement - CNN.com

A De Blasio give away. Bloomberg fought the settlement. They were not exonerated...their conviction was vacated. Big difference.

Why don't you research your position before posting it and making yourself appear uninformed?

New York City has agreed to pay $40 million (£24 million) to five men who were convicted, and later exonerated, of brutally raping a female jogger in Central Park in 1989, settling a long-fought civil rights lawsuit, according to a person familiar with the matter.
Five men wrongfully convicted for 1989 NY Central Park rape given $40m

5 Exonerated in Central Park Jogger Case Agree to Settle Suit for $40 Million

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/20/n...r-case-are-to-settle-suit-for-40-million.html

I did my homework...you should have too.

In one final, extraordinary ruling that took about five minutes, Justice Charles J. Tejada of State Supreme Court in Manhattan granted recent motions made by defense lawyers and Robert M. Morgenthau, the Manhattan district attorney, to vacate all convictions against the young men in connection with the jogger attack and a spree of robberies and assaults in the park that night.

Convictions and Charges Voided In '89 Central Park Jogger Attack
Vacate does not mean exonerate.

Doesn't matter.....shows he doesn't know what the hell is going on but wants to insert his two-cents. If he was not privy to the intricacies of the case, more the reason he should have kept his mouth shut.

We don't need a President who mouths off his opinion and then turns out to be wrong, especially in matters that don't even concern him.

He lives in New York...did you even read what he wrote?

Hope this fits, if it doesn't...sorry 'bout that.

Donald J Central Park.png

He was saying that a woman raped in Central Park deserves justice. These were the people who confessed, and were CONVICTED by a jury of their peers.

Hell Mertex, have you stated an opinion on Flint yet..."the Governors got to go" or something along those lines?

Do you live in Flint? Or Michigan?

You formulate opinions based on the best information you have at the time.

Had I lived in New York City in the 80's and 90s, I'd have felt the same way.

Doesn't matter.....shows he doesn't know what the hell is going on but wants to insert his two-cents. If he was not privy to the intricacies of the case, more the reason he should have kept his mouth shut.

We don't need a President who mouths off his opinion and then turns out to be wrong, especially in matters that don't even concern him.

View attachment 60821

He was saying that a woman raped in Central Park deserves justice. These were the people who confessed, and were CONVICTED by a jury of their peers.

Hell Mertex, have you stated an opinion on Flint yet..."the Governors got to go" or something along those lines?

Did you read it? He doesn't think hate and rancor should be removed from our hearts.....what kind of President says something like that? He hates Muslims, blacks, hispanics, women and who knows how many others.......heaven knows how he will treat them if he should be elected. I don't want to find out....and heaven forbid some other country makes him angry.....could be the cause of World War III and North Korea has nuclear weapons!

A federal judge has approved a $41 million civil rights settlement to five black and Hispanic men wrongfully convicted in the horrific beating and rape of a white female jogger in New York's Central Park in 1989, Mayor Bill de Blasio said in a statement Friday.
Central Park jogger case brings $41 million settlement - CNN.com

A De Blasio give away. Bloomberg fought the settlement. They were not exonerated...their conviction was vacated. Big difference.

Why don't you research your position before posting it and making yourself appear uninformed?

New York City has agreed to pay $40 million (£24 million) to five men who were convicted, and later exonerated, of brutally raping a female jogger in Central Park in 1989, settling a long-fought civil rights lawsuit, according to a person familiar with the matter.
Five men wrongfully convicted for 1989 NY Central Park rape given $40m

5 Exonerated in Central Park Jogger Case Agree to Settle Suit for $40 Million

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/20/n...r-case-are-to-settle-suit-for-40-million.html

I did my homework...you should have too.

In one final, extraordinary ruling that took about five minutes, Justice Charles J. Tejada of State Supreme Court in Manhattan granted recent motions made by defense lawyers and Robert M. Morgenthau, the Manhattan district attorney, to vacate all convictions against the young men in connection with the jogger attack and a spree of robberies and assaults in the park that night.

Convictions and Charges Voided In '89 Central Park Jogger Attack
Vacate does not mean exonerate.

Vacate means they voided their conviction. Show me where they are still accused, guilty or not clear of the crime they were originally convicted on. Semantics don't always work in your favor....and you're trying to make it seem like they are still guilty, shows you are just stretching the facts.

Exonorate
to clear, as of an accusation; free from guilt or blame; exculpate:

View attachment 60821

Did you read it? He doesn't think hate and rancor should be removed from our hearts.....what kind of President says something like that? He hates Muslims, blacks, hispanics, women and who knows how many others.......heaven knows how he will treat them if he should be elected. I don't want to find out....and heaven forbid some other country makes him angry.....could be the cause of World War III and North Korea has nuclear weapons!

He doesn't hate blacks, Muslims, Hispanics or woman.

That's just silly rhetoric.

You guys like to say it over and over in the hopes that is sticks...but it hasn't, cuz it's bullshit.

You obviously didn't read what he wrote...

Donald J Central Park 2.png

We were having a pretty good back and forth, but now it's run off the rails.

Good night and good luck Mertex...I look forward to our next face-off.

View attachment 60821

That's just silly rhetoric.

You guys like to say it over and over in the hopes that is sticks...but it hasn't, cuz it's bullshit.

You obviously didn't read what he wrote...

View attachment 60823

We were having a pretty good back and forth, but now it's run off the rails.

Good night and good luck Mertex...I look forward to our next face-off.

You're hoping it's bullshit....but his actions are evident.....blacks, hispanics and any self-respecting Muslims aren't going to vote for him....they understand his words. You're just trying to gloss over his hatefulness....good luck with that.

The Majority of Black People Will Not Vote for Donald Trump

Hispanics don't support Trump

"

That's just silly rhetoric."

That is such a bizarre post that I don't even know how to respond. I guess that it is like saying that George Wallace did not really have anything against blacks. He just preached segregation in order to get elected. I do have one question, however. Just exactly how does one determine which things that Trump says is "just rhetoric", and what he really believes? (If anything)

Had forgotten about this incident.....imagine Trump as President being able to push the red button! Yikes!

In 1989 Donald Trump took out a full page ad in four New York City newspapers calling for the execution of the alleged rapists in the infamous Central Park Jogger case.

All five of the suspects were convicted, largely because of confessions which they later recanted and which are now believed to be the result of coercion by the NYPD detectives investigating the case. In 2002, a man already in prison on other charges confessed to the crime and said that he acted alone, a fact confirmed by DNA tests that showed that only one person had raped the victim, and that person turned out to be the person who confessed after tests were performed.

The convictions of the five men were voided, but if Trump had his way they all probably would’ve been dead before the actual rapist confessed.
Donald Trump Once Called For The Deaths Of Five Innocent Men
The fact that Trump is reckless and irresponsible is what his supporters like about him, they incorrectly perceive Trump to be 'decisive' and 'bold,' when in fact he's neither.

Forum List

Back