Trump-Kim summit a step away from war, but light on detail

Halting the military exercises is a good decision. It costs nothing, in fact quite the opposite. They can be resumed at any time. It looks like doing something positive. Sugerless icing on a yet-to-be-baked cake.

The end of the Korean War, the release of American hostages, and the destruction of a nuclear site are "nothing." Is it that I don't understand, or that you're full of it?

As well as the Norks stoping their missile launches

They’ve done that many times before.

Is it a bad thing that they’re doing it now? Would they have done it without the meeting? Why don’t you take a wait and see approach, instead of rooting for America to fail because you hate trump?

Fuck off. I don’t root for America to fail, jackass. That’s what YOU do.

I’m looking at what I see. Trump withdrew from the Iran Nuclear deal because he hates Obama and you cheered that on.

Just fuck off.

The Iran deal was shit

Of course it was.

No. It was one of our bargaining chips. It was given away for nothing.

Enough with you. You don’t understand.
The end of the Korean War, the release of American hostages, and the destruction of a nuclear site are "nothing." Is it that I don't understand, or that you're full of it?

You’ve bought in.

One. We don’t negotiate for hostages. Do we?

Two. NK has released hostages in the past. We gave Kim no meeting in return.

The end of the Korean War has yet to be finalized.

The destruction of a nuclear site? You mean the collapsed mountainside?

Please. Stop already. It’s embarrassing.
1. Yes, we do. It's why Bill Clinton went to North Korea as well, lest you forget. It's also why we negotiated for the release of the hostages from the USS Pueblo.

2. Yes, and this time that was part of a deal to secure a meeting. Who knows when or if they would have been released without that this time? Or if they would have been released like Otto Warmbier was released.

3. Correct. But it has been agreed to in principle between the north and south. That's a huge step.

4. North Korea blows up tunnels at Punggye-ri nuclear test site - CNN

The only thing embarrassing is that partisan hacks would rather preclude the chance of peace with North Korea than give Trump a political victory. It's sick actually.

Man. You are something.

If something comes of this then Trump can get a victory. So far, nothing has happened except that Kim got his meeting with a ton of compliments and Trump labeled our military excercises as “provocative”.

Of course, he told you that he will make up an excuse if nothing comes of it. And you will buy it.
I think you have me confused with someone else.

Nope. You are a libertarian who wants to pretend that Trump isn’t the least qualified person to ever have the job because you think ALL politicians are unqualified.

Trump said that Kim LOVES HIS PEOPLE. That alone should inform you that the idiot is completely out of his league.

I won’t give him credit until i see some progress. This meeting was not progress.

Obama could have had a summit with Kim at any time he wanted. He did not do so for a reason.
Because Kim was never willing to discuss denuclearization with him.

Bullshit. Kim made the same “agreement” with Obama that he has made with Trump.

Please try harder.

When did this happen? Got a picture of Obama and lil Kim shaking hands???

Duh. That’s the point. There was no meeting because that is a concession to Kim.

Obama wasn’t about to give up that bargaining chip for some non-binding agreement.

Obama didn't know the Asian mind, it appears Dennis , Trump and I know them, I worked for a Japanese company for 8 years .. they can be reasonable people. You get to know them on a personal level .. they will have your back.

You worked for a Japanese company for 8 years and you think that helps you understand the mind of someone from North Korea?

They can be reasonable people? Ya don’t say!

Because Kim was never willing to discuss denuclearization with him.

Please try harder.

Duh. That’s the point. There was no meeting because that is a concession to Kim.

Obama wasn’t about to give up that bargaining chip for some non-binding agreement.

Obama didn't know the Asian mind, it appears Dennis , Trump and I know them, I worked for a Japanese company for 8 years .. they can be reasonable people. You get to know them on a personal level .. they will have your back.

You worked for a Japanese company for 8 years and you think that helps you understand the mind of someone from North Korea?

Yea they are all the same.. not like my fellow white people who will fuck you over in a instint..

You’ve bought in.

One. We don’t negotiate for hostages. Do we?

Two. NK has released hostages in the past. We gave Kim no meeting in return.

The end of the Korean War has yet to be finalized.

The destruction of a nuclear site? You mean the collapsed mountainside?

Please. Stop already. It’s embarrassing.
1. Yes, we do. It's why Bill Clinton went to North Korea as well, lest you forget. It's also why we negotiated for the release of the hostages from the USS Pueblo.

2. Yes, and this time that was part of a deal to secure a meeting. Who knows when or if they would have been released without that this time? Or if they would have been released like Otto Warmbier was released.

3. Correct. But it has been agreed to in principle between the north and south. That's a huge step.

4. North Korea blows up tunnels at Punggye-ri nuclear test site - CNN

The only thing embarrassing is that partisan hacks would rather preclude the chance of peace with North Korea than give Trump a political victory. It's sick actually.

Man. You are something.

If something comes of this then Trump can get a victory. So far, nothing has happened except that Kim got his meeting with a ton of compliments and Trump labeled our military excercises as “provocative”.

Of course, he told you that he will make up an excuse if nothing comes of it. And you will buy it.
I think you have me confused with someone else.

Nope. You are a libertarian who wants to pretend that Trump isn’t the least qualified person to ever have the job because you think ALL politicians are unqualified.

Trump said that Kim LOVES HIS PEOPLE. That alone should inform you that the idiot is completely out of his league.

I won’t give him credit until i see some progress. This meeting was not progress.
[King Abdullah] took bold steps in advancing the Arab Peace Initiative, an endeavor that will outlive him as an enduring contribution to the search for peace in the region.

As our countries worked together to confront many challenges, I always valued King Abdullah’s perspective and appreciated our genuine and warm friendship. As a leader, he was always candid and had the courage of his convictions.
Statement by the President on the Death of King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz

Being diplomatic means sometimes saying kind but untrue things about people. Though you're right I think all politicians are unqualified to run my life.

Please try harder.

Yea they are all the same.. not like my fellow white people who will fuck you over in a instint..

They are not all the same.

Is it a bad thing that they’re doing it now? Would they have done it without the meeting? Why don’t you take a wait and see approach, instead of rooting for America to fail because you hate trump?

I’m looking at what I see. Trump withdrew from the Iran Nuclear deal because he hates Obama and you cheered that on.

Just fuck off.

The Iran nuke deal was a disaster. That is what Trump said. How do you translate that into hatred for Obama?

You expect everything to get done in a day???

After a year and half of posturing and many months of talks leading up to the meeting we expect SOMETHING.

Especially considering that Trump promised that he'll resolve NK situation "easily". If it's so easy why is it not done?
You have something. You just don't like it, and fear America may actually be doing it right. Actually, what you really fear is that the past 14 years of 'appeasement' policy, in which we permitted the 'status quo' to continue need not have happened at all, provided our leadership showed a little intestinal fortitude.

Instead, we have had 14 years of the status quo, which is nothing more than N. Korea's steady march to an ICBM and the ability to put a nuclear payload on that ICBM.

Now, the door is open and talks have begun. These talks may lead nowhere, but they have been made possible by a President not willing to back down to the idiocy of the status quo. Or, these talks may lead to a real peace.

Time will tell, and the process will take time.

How about you stop rooting against America for a change.

Just fuck off.

The Iran nuke deal was a disaster. That is what Trump said. How do you translate that into hatred for Obama?

Dude loves Hussein. To him anyone who doesn’t agree with Hussein’s disastrous policies is a hater.

Just fuck off.

You are fucking clueless, but please......keep doubling down. We all need a good laugh. If you don't want to continue showing your ass, I believe there is a gardening thread you can go post in.

Just fuck off.

It was not a disaster. It took years to construct. It was working. It was solid. Our withdrawal was a mistake.

The asshole is not ABLE to discuss the agreement in detail. He has never read it. He doesn’t know what was agreed to.

When are you people going to wake up to the fact that your guy is a con man? For fucks sake. He tells you as much all the time.

Just fuck off.

Dude loves Hussein. To him anyone who doesn’t agree with Hussein’s disastrous policies is a hater.

Why would you say something like that? You are a weird dude.

Just fuck off.

You are fucking clueless, but please......keep doubling down. We all need a good laugh. If you don't want to continue showing your ass, I believe there is a gardening thread you can go post in.

Whoa! You really schooled me there. Well done.

Just fuck off.

It's all your "level" of posting deserves.

Just fuck off.

It's all your "level" of posting deserves.

Yeah. That’s what my son’s tee ball coach said to the manager of the Yankees when he wouldn’t schedule a game.

Of course, Putin is directing this Summit personally, from both sides. What a diplomatic coup for the Russian dictator...both parties, under his thumb...
Remarkable...
Actually I don't think he cares about North Korea, or a perspective war there, even though Vladivostok is not that far away. He didn't care about the people in the Kursk submarine either.

Forum List

Back