Trump: Let's "close up the internet"

theDoctorisIn

Platinum Member
Senior USMB Moderator
Aug 12, 2009
In the center of it all
I'm surprised no one has started a thread on this already - if I missed it, I'll merge.

Donald Trump wants to close up the Internet

The press has to be responsible; they're not being responsible. We're losing a lot of people because of the Internet. We have to see Bill Gates and a lot of different people who really understand what's happening and maybe, in some ways, closing that Internet up in some ways.

Somebody will say, 'Oh, freedom of speech, freedom of speech.' These are foolish people, we have a lot of foolish people. We've got to maybe do something with the Internet because they're recruiting by the thousands, they're leaving our country, and then when they come back, we take them back.

I wonder who here is going to pop into this thread to defend these comments.

How many of you Trump guys are actually so fearful of ISIS to that you'd support "closing the internet" ?

I
I'm surprised no one has started a thread on this already - if I missed it, I'll merge.

Donald Trump wants to close up the Internet

The press has to be responsible; they're not being responsible. We're losing a lot of people because of the Internet. We have to see Bill Gates and a lot of different people who really understand what's happening and maybe, in some ways, closing that Internet up in some ways.

Somebody will say, 'Oh, freedom of speech, freedom of speech.' These are foolish people, we have a lot of foolish people. We've got to maybe do something with the Internet because they're recruiting by the thousands, they're leaving our country, and then when they come back, we take them back.

I wonder who here is going to pop into this thread to defend these comments.

How many of you Trump guys are actually so fearful of ISIS to that you'd support "closing the internet" ?
it appears the crazier he gets, the more his supporters like it. Keep it up, Donald, you are helping the Left enormously.

You guys are panicking now that PC platitudes are falling apart. Adherents to the purist form of Islam are killing people on all continents, and yet Islam is a religion of peace?!

How long did you think the gullibility of people would last?

That's what worrying people about Trump as they suggest his imminent collapse. yet he keeps getting more popular

It just got weird.

did you just get here? did you just start listening to the news? what rock have you been under.....its been weird for a long time now....i am not sure what trump is....like the product of generations of incest....just packaged nicely but still a pointy head....and his supporters...i just dont get it

You guys are panicking now that PC platitudes are falling apart. Adherents to the purist form of Islam are killing people on all continents, and yet Islam is a religion of peace?!

That's what worrying people about Trump as they suggest his imminent collapse. yet he keeps getting more popular

:lol:

Why are you trying to change the subject?

religion....what can one say.....seems to me .....very few of them preach peace...if the christians and muslims have their way...it will be back to the crusades for everyone.....

trump supporters are being driven into a frenzy and seem to believe this stuff.....its like lord of the flies in many ways when you look at it...the entire mentality.....i really if trump had the head of a muslim on a spike...his supporters would totally approve and would jack up his numbers in the polls....mob mentality at its best....nothing is more disheartening than a friend saying....they support trump.....

We both know exactly what the subject is. The cracks in the PC monolith of self-appointed ideologues presuming to b the arbitrator of morality are part-and-parcel of your link and your thread title. Don't be that disingenuous.

Kind of like Hitler?

o dont start that shit.....godwins law and all....leave hitler outta this......if you want to discuss the lack of freedoms in the us you must discuss both parties and how each president has allowed and added to the restrictions...free speech zones (wft i remember when this country was a free speech zone) was the idea of bill clinton....and each president has continued it...

Kind of like Hitler?
Kind of like Hillary:

The Internet has taken center stage in both the 2016 presidential race and theObama administration’s current fight against ISIS. Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton urged tech companies to “deny online space” to terrorists. Clinton then anticipated and waved away presumed First Amendment criticisms.

“We’re going to hear all the usual complaints,” she said on Monday, “you know, freedom of speech, et cetera. But if we truly are in a war against terrorism and we are truly looking for ways to shut off their funding, shut off the flow of foreign fighters, then we’ve got to shut off their means of communicating. It’s more complicated with some of what they do on encrypted apps, and I’m well aware of that, and that requires even more thinking about how to do it.”

The OP's title was certainly selectively indignant and even more "dingbatty".

We both know exactly what the subject is. The cracks in the PC monolith of self-appointed ideologues presuming to b the arbitrator of morality are part-and-parcel of your link and your thread title. Don't be that disingenuous.

I'm not sure what that pile of nonsense is supposed to mean, but this thread is about Trump's suggestion that we close the internet, not whatever you're babbling about.

my point exactly....neither party gives a flying fuck for the people....the middle class has been destroyed...the list of what the middle class can no longer afford is all the things that make one middle class....ie vacations, health insurance, retirement fund etc and so forth...

10 Things That Today’s Middle Class Can No Longer Afford - Len Penzo dot Com

both parties fuck ya but the democrats are kind enough to use lube

I'm not sure what that pile of nonsense is supposed to mean, but this thread is about Trump's suggestion that we close the internet, not whatever you're babbling about.
Stop with the sutpid laughing face.

Again:

Kind of like Hillary:

The Internet has taken center stage in both the 2016 presidential race and theObama administration’s current fight against ISIS. Democratic candidate Hillary Clintonurged tech companies to “deny online space” to terrorists. Clinton then anticipated and waved away presumed First Amendment criticisms.

“We’re going to hear all the usual complaints,” she said on Monday, “you know, freedom of speech, et cetera. But if we truly are in a war against terrorism and we are truly looking for ways to shut off their funding, shut off the flow of foreign fighters, then we’ve got to shut off their means of communicating. It’s more complicated with some of what they do on encrypted apps, and I’m well aware of that, and that requires even more thinking about how to do it.”

Fail in changing the OP.

Trump wants to attack constitutional and legal principles.

His language will guarantee his defeat.

Stop with the sutpid laughing face.

Again:

Kind of like Hillary:

The Internet has taken center stage in both the 2016 presidential race and theObama administration’s current fight against ISIS. Democratic candidate Hillary Clintonurged tech companies to “deny online space” to terrorists. Clinton then anticipated and waved away presumed First Amendment criticisms.

I'm no fan of Hilary, and her comments were almost as ridiculous as Trump's, but she didn't suggest that the government "close the internet".

Forum List

Back