Trump lied about not accepting presidential salary

You have a link showing where he has changed this lie for another lie?

Last I knew, he said he was donating it - meaning he was taking the money and then soaking us for the tax write off.

RWNJ traitors are so damn gullible.

I really don't care what Trump does with his presidential salary

we waste way more than that every year

So someones word means nothing to you. Great.
I posted the statute, you moron. He has to take it. He is doing far more good with his salary than Obama.

He HAS to take it against his will! ROFL
Why is this so difficult for you to understand?

Article II, Section 1

The President shall, at stated Times, receive for his Services, a Compensation, which shall neither be encreased nor diminished during the Period for which he shall have been elected, and he shall not receive within that Period any other Emolument from the United States, or any of them.
Laws/statutes have always confused simple minded liberals.

Last I knew, he said he was donating it - meaning he was taking the money and then soaking us for the tax write off.

Clinton, Bush, and Obama have pretty much taught me that you can't trust them.

That's a total of 24 years.
Trump first 50 days has proven to Americans that he cannot be trusted. He lied all the time and it seems that is now the norm to his followers.

Trump hasn't proven anything.

Yes he did Bud you are just in denial.

Just reported by Lawrence O'Donnell on MSNBC as follows:

According to Trump, he is going to accept his presidential salary and then donate it to charity at the end of the year. Problem is - Trump has a poor history of following through on his proclaimed donations. In addition, this will allow Trump a rather huge tax deduction of $158,400. This means that a total of $558,400 will not be returned to the Treasury (taxpayers). This all assumes that Trump will "actually" donate his salary to charity at the end of the year.

$400,000 Presidential Salary
$158,400 Trump Tax Deduction
$558,400 Total Loss To Treasury (Taxpayers)

2. For an organization that is supposedly a charity, the Clinton Foundation spent very little money on "direct aid." IRS documents showed that the Foundation raised over $500 million from 2009-2012, and yet the Clinton Foundation only spent $75 million on "programmatic grants."

"The other $425 million was allocated as follows: more than $25 million went for travel expenses; almost $110 million for employee salaries and benefits; and $290 million for 'other expenses,'" reports Discover The Networks.

These numbers were similar in the foundation's 2013 tax returns, which revealed that the Clinton Foundation raised over $140 million but only used $9 million in direct aid, according to the New York Post:

On its 2013 tax forms, the most recent available, the foundation claimed it spent $30 million on payroll and employee benefits; $8.7 million in rent and office expenses; $9.2 million on “conferences, conventions and meetings”; $8 million on fundraising; and nearly $8.5 million on travel. None of the Clintons is on the payroll, but they do enjoy first-class flights paid for by the foundation.

In all, the group reported $84.6 million in “functional expenses” on its 2013 tax return and had more than $64 million left over — money the organization has said represents pledges rather than actual cash on hand.

How much money do you suppose has been wasted
ON ALL THESE SHENANIGANS SINCE TRUMP WON?

SERIOUSLY.... THIS SHIT HAS BECOME FUCKING RIDICULOUS ALREADY!

WE DON'T HAVE A FUNCTIONING GOVERNMENT BODY
WE HAVE A BUNCH OF DRAMA QUEEN, SHIT STARTERS
THAT ARE NOT ALLOWING WHO THE VOTERS CHOSE
TO RUN THE COUNTRY....TO RUN THE COUNTRY

WTF IS WRONG WITH EVERYONE?!

WE SHOULD STORM INTO WASHINGTON
AND THROW 90% OF THESE MOTHER FUCKERS OUT!

AND, YOU...YOU FUCKERS MAKE ME SICK!

Stating that politicians lie is not a defense for Trump outright daily lying. Plus..when did Trump start becoming a politician? Or is that just another thing you spouted as fact only to claim you never believed it?
I'm not defending anyone I am stating a fact as as old as the history of politics

he ran for a political office that makes him a politician

anyone who runs for an office is a politician

You forget that I didn't vote for Trump I am merely pointing out the blatant hypocrisy of partisan idiots who will criticize a politician from another party for doing the exact same thing a politician from their party does

Stating that politicians lie is not a defense for Trump outright daily lying. Plus..when did Trump start becoming a politician? Or is that just another thing you spouted as fact only to claim you never believed it?
Should we insist on Perjury against the People laws?

I posted the statute, you moron. He has to take it. He is doing far more good with his salary than Obama.

He HAS to take it against his will! ROFL
Why is this so difficult for you to understand?

Article II, Section 1

The President shall, at stated Times, receive for his Services, a Compensation, which shall neither be encreased nor diminished during the Period for which he shall have been elected, and he shall not receive within that Period any other Emolument from the United States, or any of them.
the right wing would be more impressive, if they lived on their public servant salary while in public office.

I'm not defending anyone I am stating a fact as as old as the history of politics

You forget that I didn't vote for Trump I am merely pointing out the blatant hypocrisy of partisan idiots who will criticize a politician from another party for doing the exact same thing a politician from their party does
Mr. Trump simply pandered and used to his wealth and influence, to "purchase" his office.

Mr. Trump simply pandered and used to his wealth and influence, to "purchase" his office.
So explain again why Clinton dismantled her foundation after selling access for years.

Funny how he spent way less than Shillary

and using influence and pandering is the fucking definition of politics, Little Boy

That doesn't work anymore. Everything isn't like everything else just because you throw it in. Trump lies, you defend it by deflecting with whataboutism. When called out on it you always go back to your standard "I'm not defending, I'm just pointing out"

Won't work here buddy.

That doesn't work anymore. Everything isn't like everything else just because you throw it in. Trump lies, you defend it by deflecting with whataboutism. When called out on it you always go back to your standard "I'm not defending, I'm just pointing out"

Won't work here buddy.

Sure it does.
Unless you ignoring all your favorite politicians and their lies is also "defending" them

For some reason all those other lying assholes don't put your panties in a twist

Won't work here buddy.

Sure it does
Unless you ignoring all your favorite politicians and their lies is also "defending" them

For some reason all those other lying assholes don't put your panties in a twist

Throwing others into the mix wont work here. Whataboutism isnt a point and since you admitted he lied, flat out and you want to talk about everyone else or what I believe which you dont know dick about.

So you've done the best you could. Point out that people lie and pretend that expecting the truth is a character flaw on the listener and not the liar.

So explain again why Clinton dismantled her foundation after selling access for years.
"Clinton had to work for it", Mr. Trump did not. Is a work ethic from the Age of Iron, important in modern, Information Age times, or not?

and using influence and pandering is the fucking definition of politics, Little Boy
don't complain about democrat pandering, then; be Patriotic.

I don't.

unlike you I point out the faults in both parties and am not blinded by 2 dimensional thinking

Won't work here buddy.

Sure it does

Throwing others into the mix wont work here. Whataboutism isnt a point and since you admitted he lied, flat out and you want to talk about everyone else or what I believe which you dont know dick about.

So you've done the best you could. Point out that people lie and pretend that expecting the truth is a character flaw on the listener and not the liar.

Yeah he lied I expected him to lie

you didn't it seems

so you're the naive idiot

Won't work here buddy.

Sure it does

you didn't it seems

What you expect has nothing to so with lying being universally wrong. This is like a killer saying people die all the time.

I don't.

unlike you I point out the faults in both parties and am not blinded by 2 dimensional thinking
You Only seem to have the right wing points, down pat.

Just reported by Lawrence O'Donnell on MSNBC as follows:

According to Trump, he is going to accept his presidential salary and then donate it to charity at the end of the year. Problem is - Trump has a poor history of following through on his proclaimed donations. In addition, this will allow Trump a rather huge tax deduction of $158,400. This means that a total of $558,400 will not be returned to the Treasury (taxpayers). This all assumes that Trump will "actually" donate his salary to charity at the end of the year.

$400,000 Presidential Salary
$158,400 Trump Tax Deduction
$558,400 Total Loss To Treasury (Taxpayers)

/---- Trump plays you libtards like a fiddle

Won't work here buddy.

Sure it does

you didn't it seems

What you expect has nothing to so with lying being universally wrong. This is like a killer saying people die all the time.
so please link me to all the posts you have written excoriating the previous president for his lies

Forum List

Back