Trump Moves to End Pre-Existing Conditions Clause

• Banned
Yeah, that'll teach ya for having a pre-existing condition over which you had no control!

:spinner:

That will teach anybody who was stupid enough to vote for him.
He goes on and on about how "everyone will have health care" under his administration.
Scott Pelley asks, "Universal health care?"
And Trump says yes.
He's a pathological liar.

Oh, yes, run on that plank, you candidates who are on the far and alt right of the GOP.

Run hard.

Yeah, that'll teach ya for having a pre-existing condition over which you had no control!

:spinner:

That will teach anybody who was stupid enough to vote for him.
He goes on and on about how "everyone will have health care" under his administration.
Scott Pelley asks, "Universal health care?"
And Trump says yes.
He's a pathological liar.
The thing is, he knows better. But ya gotta keep the base happy. That's Priority #1. Literally.

Well, I understand the states' and the Trump administration's arguments, and they are not without merit. I also know that before Obamacare, 33 states already had laws that prohibited insurance companies from denying health coverage based on pre-existing conditions. But, I think the states and Team Trump are wrong, and I think this is bad policy.

Yes, true, without the individual mandate, people will be able to wait to get health insurance until they're seriously ill or injured. I'm okay with that. I think that's what a humane society does, even though it does add somewhat to the overall cost of providing healthcare.

Does it make any sense legal or otherwise to force medical insurance companies to take on new insurers with terminal health conditions? Do they force automobile insurance companies to cover people with half a dozen DUI's? I guess the courts will decide and lefties will blame Trump.

Look, if Team Trump wins this case, then the situation would revert back to the states, and before Obamacare came along at least 30 states had laws that prohibited insurance companies from declining coverage due to pre-existing conditions. So even if Team Trump wins the case, that does mean that every state will offer no protection for people with pre-existing conditions.

People need to calm down and take a breath, and do a little homework on this. The suit alleges that the federal government cannot mandate covering pre-existing conditions as part of Obamacare. It makes no effort to claim that states cannot adopt such protections on their own.

Forum List

Back