Trump now says the folders marked “classified” were empty. He kept them because they were “cool”

As I said. Someone who purposefully posts one lie, can have his other claims discounted.

We're all waiting patiently.

No, no we are not because youvare full of shit. That's why you ignored Biden's long and invomplete list if lies to focus on symantics and 'quibbling' over a fact Biden lied about / was extremely wrong on.

As I said, you are as dishonest as Biden.

You want to pump your breaks and 'rubberneck' Biden's 'car wreck'. I'm just going to pass you both by, avoid the drama, and keep moving. You have fun with it.

Um so if empty folders is all they found, why did Trump repeatedly claim he declassified the documents? What documents were there to declassify exactly if they were just folders? If they were just folders, why didn’t his lawyers make that claim? They’ve certainly already have made claims to his innocence so far. That’s a pretty glaring detail to leave out.
I dont think anyone, even Trump, ever said that there were no documents there. I believe even I listed papers in my quick list of what the picture shows. Even you can look at the picture and see empty folders there...along with a box of highly classified Time Magazines.

And no, you can't have a standing order for declassification, as each and every document is different, containing different information about different things, it's not a "one size fits all" situation.
If it was TRUE that Trump automatically declassified the documents he removed from the oval office, and took to the residence, then it's actually worse than anybody thought.

As the president carries "the biscuit" or nuclear launch codes, which his order would declassify whenever he returned with them to the residence.

That would trigger a daily national security crisis, as our nuclear retaliation capabilities would be compromised every evening.

It's an evidence photo showing the conditions under which the evidence was found. That's why a ruler was included in the photograph.

Secondly, as a photograph to be released publicly it was carefully laid out, in order not to reveal any "classified" information.
it was not how the evidence was found, smoke some crack. The National Archives and the FBI even said they were locked up in a closet, they requested an additional lock be put on the door for security.

And as far as carefully laying things out as to not reveal anything...sure looks like in the photo documents were plainly shown or else they wouldn't have photoshopped the white over the papers. Nice try.

I dont think anyone, even Trump, ever said that there were no documents there. I believe even I listed papers in my quick list of what the picture shows. Even you can look at the picture and see empty folders there...along with a box of highly classified Time Magazines.
Um okay. So what grand overall point are you trying to make then?

Um...............actually it does. That information on his desk didn't exist as the only copy, it was also held at other agencies. If he declassified it on his desk, yet others who also held the information were not notified that it was declassified, they will still treat it as classified. And no, you can't have a standing order for declassification, as each and every document is different, containing different information about different things, it's not a "one size fits all" situation. If you had ever worked around classified material, you would know this. And, if they actually were declassified, it would specify the information, the reason it was declassified, as well as the date (and sometimes the time) it was declassified.
But I don’t care if others didn’t treat copies as having been declassified. That’s a different mayter for a different day.

For now, the question is not about how copies may have been treated due to a failure to properly notify all concerned about their new status. The issue is — instead — whether or not the copies he had were in fact declassified.

And I’m curious about how the United States (by the DOJ lawyers) will try to prove (beyond a reasonable doubt) that the President hadn’t already declassified them.

Point to the one thing that doesn't matter, as a way to try to somehow prove that none of it matters. Sorry, it just doesn't work that way.

But I don’t care if others didn’t treat copies as having been declassified. That’s a different mayter for a different day.

For now, the question is not about how copies may have been treated due to a failure to properly notify all concerned about their new status. The issue is — instead — whether or not the copies he had were in fact declassified.

And I’m curious about how the United States (by the DOJ lawyers) will try to prove (beyond a reasonable doubt) that the President hadn’t already declassified them.

Classified documents and information are not Schroedenger's cat. They can't exist in a state that is both classified and declassified at the same time, the information has to be one or the other across all copies. If you had ever worked with classified material, you would know how idiotic your statements are.

Classified documents and information are not Schroedenger's cat. They can't exist in a state that is both classified and declassified at the same time,

I didn’t claim otherwise. If the communications concerning a DECLASSIFICATION have failed to take place, they are nonetheless still declassified. It’s simply a matter of others (not realizing that the shit they still believe to be classified isn’t, in fact still classified) are acting on out of date information. So what?
the information has to be one or the other across all copies.

Nope. It is in fact declassified. The only difference is that others don’t yet KNOW that it’s declassified.
If you had ever worked with classified material, you would know how idiotic your statements are.
But they’re not. You are simply wrong.

Document A was classified. Copies of document A were classified. President says, “I’m now declassifying document A.” It is declassified. So are the copies. Now you, in some office somewhere haven’t been so notified. You believe it is still classified so you handle it accordingly. Good job. But it doesn’t change the fact that it is no longer classified.

it was not how the evidence was found, smoke some crack.

And as far as carefully laying things out as to not reveal anything...sure looks like in the photo documents were plainly shown or else they wouldn't have photoshopped the white over the papers. Nice try.
Typical evidence photograph is just like the one at Mar-a-lago.

guns-ammunition-confiscated-gang-media-260nw-96431990.jpg

Um okay. So what grand overall point are you trying to make then?
That the photo proves Trump's claim that a lot of what he kept were empty folders and keep sakes.

In that photo, which is the extent of the papers Trump had, it shows 6 empty folders and a bunch of documents.

11 folders in all were collected from the Trump residence per the FBI inventory log...along with some of Marlena's underwear, personal possessions and a napkin.

Why dont you research this stuff for yourself rather than listening to the talking heads on TV that make shit up.

Point to the one thing that doesn't matter, as a way to try to somehow prove that none of it matters. Sorry, it just doesn't work that way.
What in there matters?
The empty folders? The Napkin? Marlana's underwear? Declassified documents? Please, tell us what does matter?

Typical evidence photograph is just like the one at Mar-a-lago.

guns-ammunition-confiscated-gang-media-260nw-96431990.jpg
So you expect us to believe that these guns photographed in the picture is an evidence photo showing the conditions under which the evidence was found?
Because thats what you said about the Trump evidence photo. Actually I copied and pasted your exact statement in that question.
TDS runs deep with you.

Actually it goes to the heart of the classification / declassification system.

If someone puts in a FOIA request for a document that Trump declassified, and the request is denied if they denied the request because they believed the documents to be classified, they would be committing a felony.

I didn’t claim otherwise. If the communications concerning a DECLASSIFICATION have failed to take place, they are nonetheless still declassified. It’s simply a matter of others (not realizing that the shit they still believe to be classified isn’t, in fact still classified) are acting on out of date information. So what?

As I pointed out, if someone put in a FOIA request covering any such classified information, and it's denied on grounds of it being classified, the person denying the request would be committing a felony.

Nope. It is in fact declassified. The only difference is that others don’t yet KNOW that it’s declassified.

But they’re not. You are simply wrong.

Document A was classified. Copies of document A were classified. President says, “I’m now declassifying document A.” It is declassified. So are the copies. Now you, in some office somewhere haven’t been so notified. You believe it is still classified so you handle it accordingly. Good job. But it doesn’t change the fact that it is no longer classified.

If it was actually declassified, there would be some sort of documentation to say it was declassified. There isn't, so it wasn't declassified. Trump saying it was declassified after the fact doesn't mean that they were, there HAS to be a record that it was declassified.

That the photo proves Trump's claim that a lot of what he kept were empty folders and keep sakes.

In that photo, which is the extent of the papers Trump had, it shows 6 empty folders and a bunch of documents.

11 folders in all were collected from the Trump residence per the FBI inventory log...along with some of Marlena's underwear, personal possessions and a napkin.

Why dont you research this stuff for yourself rather than listening to the talking heads on TV that make shit up.
Okay but let’s think about this logically. You’re saying that Trump is not contradicting himself because empty folders were found. I find that illogical simply because why the fuck is Trump even saying this if he is not trying to walk back what he originally said. Why would anyone give a fuck Trump kept empty folders? Why did he feel the need to even say that?

So you expect us to believe that these guns photographed in the picture is an evidence photo showing the conditions under which the evidence was found?
I'm saying the nature of evidence photographs are for many different reasons. From showing where the evidence was collected, to showing just the evidence itself.

If it was actually declassified, there would be some sort of documentation to say it was declassified. There isn't, so it wasn't declassified. Trump saying it was declassified after the fact doesn't mean that they were, there HAS to be a record that it was declassified.
Actually there needs to be a record of not just that they were declassified, but WHEN they were declassified.

Any criminal case for somebody disclosing, improperly handling, or other legal violation involving classified information would have to be able to show the information was in fact classified at the time of the alleged crime.

Trumps declassification by thought, of documents in the residence means they can no longer prove any classified information is in fact classified.

Forum List

Back