Trump poised to violate Constitution his first day in office, George W. Bush’s ethics lawyer says

When Obama decided to NOT enforce federal immigration laws, was he violating the Constiution?

POP QUIZ! How many illegal immigrants has Obama deported?

How many illegal ALIENS has Obama deported?

Using the old definition, or using Obama's new definition?
Is it really necessary to use the word aliens, or are you trying to make a point of being demeaning and offensive?

Well, Slade3200 it's a matter of terminology

[The AR also stand for ARMORLITE NOT ASSAULT RIFLES
but people hype that up too!]

As for aliens, I think of Sting's song
"I'm an alien, an illegal alien
I'm an Englishman in NY"

Because I feel like an alien in my own country!

Rights that are supposed to be "inalienable"
ARE constantly deprived without due process to prove who are
criminals and who are law abiding citizens who don't deserve to lose rights
for the actions of others. This is collective punishment based on "belief"
that the govt has compelling interest more important than individual liberties.

Similar to prolife believing the right of unborn persons
supercedes the due process and free choice of women and their doctors
not to be punished for abortion.

As long as the current abuse of politics to skew the legal and legislative system
to deny and disparage equal rights of citizens of differing beliefs of what is
compelling interest or not justified,
then yes, I feel ALIENATED also.

If you are outside the system, then yes, I think
that is appropriate to explain it using the term alien.

If you want to use other terms, that's fine, too,
but let each person speak for themselves.

the problems still exist, regardless what terms we use,
so we might as well start with that, talk openly and
honestly about what is going wrong, regardless of
our biases left and right, and work it out anyway!

• Thanks
Reactions: PK1
"As first reported by The Daily Caller, the IRS launched an investigation into the Clinton Foundation this past July after 64 House Republicans called the foundation a “lawless ‘pay-to-play’ enterprise that has been operating under a cloak of philanthropy for years and should be investigated” in a letter to the IRS, FBI and Federal Trade Commission (FTC).

Read more: Just 5.7 Percent Of Clinton Foundation Budget Actually Went To Charitable Grants"
Haha, you were asked to post proof, not innuendos,and you post a snippet about a congressional attack by the GOP during an election???

Did you happen to catch the news today? Trump said that he is not perusing an investigation into Clintons emails or foundation (sorry, all that lock her up talk, was just campaign propaganda, he was playing you)

In the next breath, The Trump Foundation has admitted to breaking the law by using funds to buy personal property.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...e6-8616-52b15787add0_story.html?client=safari
last time I checked the congress is still the congress. They haven't stopped anything. Trump is the president elect and it isn't his job to go after her. His job is to appoint those who will. That has been done and will be put in play Jan 21.
2nd debate, Trump says if elected I will appoint a special prosecutor.... at all of his rally's, "lock her up".... now that he's elected. "He is not going to pursue it" translation it was all campaign BS.

I'm glad he backed off, it's the right move... just highlights how dishonest, manipulative and full of shit he was in his campaign.

Trump Won’t Appoint A Special Prosecutor To Investigate Hillary Clinton
we'll see, he doesn't need a special prosecutor, the congress never stopped its investigation. all he needed to do was win. He did, the attorney general will now make the correct decision and do what was needed two years ago.
It doesn't matter what he "needs" it matters what he "said" he was going to do. Many saw through much of his BS talking points during the campaign. As somebody who didn't support much of his hardline points I think it's a good thing, but I Trump supporters are going to be disappointed if they expect him to follow through on everything he promised
Dear Slade3200 it's like with Obama calling for people to BE the change.
they wait on him and it doesn't happen. it takes DIY.

Same with Trump. It's going to take all the Dems, Green, Libertarians
along with GOP to create these jobs by hiring and investing in our own
labor, businesses and schools rebuilding districts and economy to be locally owned and managed.

That's not a Trump thing or an Obama thing. It's not just Sanders and Greens calling
for cooperative economy, fair trade and worker-owned business networks and labor pools.

That's going to take everyone.

so yes, they should be disappointed if there is no magic to it.
it's a LOT of FU WORK!
Organize locally, in pools of business and civic and nonprofit groups
around each school, collaborate with teacher, police and trucker unions.
And figure out how to make each sector sustainable.

No one can do this by themselves, no one is going to magically
order everyone to do this. Local leaders have been organizing
for years, and that's who can lead each team respectively.

going to take everyone.
but unlike ACA where Obama imposed on everyone to do things one way,
the good news is by the time people get involved,
each district or group focus will do things their way.

it's still tons of work, but at least taxpayers
and worker/leaders will OWN the process
and whatever each group invests in.

Haha, you were asked to post proof, not innuendos,and you post a snippet about a congressional attack by the GOP during an election???

Did you happen to catch the news today? Trump said that he is not perusing an investigation into Clintons emails or foundation (sorry, all that lock her up talk, was just campaign propaganda, he was playing you)

In the next breath, The Trump Foundation has admitted to breaking the law by using funds to buy personal property.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...e6-8616-52b15787add0_story.html?client=safari
last time I checked the congress is still the congress. They haven't stopped anything. Trump is the president elect and it isn't his job to go after her. His job is to appoint those who will. That has been done and will be put in play Jan 21.
2nd debate, Trump says if elected I will appoint a special prosecutor.... at all of his rally's, "lock her up".... now that he's elected. "He is not going to pursue it" translation it was all campaign BS.

I'm glad he backed off, it's the right move... just highlights how dishonest, manipulative and full of shit he was in his campaign.

we'll see, he doesn't need a special prosecutor, the congress never stopped its investigation. all he needed to do was win. He did, the attorney general will now make the correct decision and do what was needed two years ago.
It doesn't matter what he "needs" it matters what he "said" he was going to do. Many saw through much of his BS talking points during the campaign. As somebody who didn't support much of his hardline points I think it's a good thing, but I Trump supporters are going to be disappointed if they expect him to follow through on everything he promised
if she ends up in jail he's spot on. it's all that matters. That will now progress the way a normal criminal is prosecuted. I can't wait as I said. but, but, but will be all I hear. And anyone who takes the fifth will be locked up as well. I love it.
Another case where you need to open your eyes... you've been fed a bunch of partisan propaganda. Trump and the GOP have been screaming criminal for so long and spinning the facts that the puppets now believe it's real. Don't be a puppet dude. You can do better than that.

When Obama decided to NOT enforce federal immigration laws, was he violating the Constiution?

Is it really necessary to use the word aliens, or are you trying to make a point of being demeaning and offensive?

Well, Slade3200 it's a matter of terminology

[The AR also stand for ARMORLITE NOT ASSAULT RIFLES
but people hype that up too!]

As for aliens, I think of Sting's song
"I'm an alien, an illegal alien
I'm an Englishman in NY"

Because I feel like an alien in my own country!

Rights that are supposed to be "inalienable"
ARE constantly deprived without due process to prove who are
criminals and who are law abiding citizens who don't deserve to lose rights
for the actions of others. This is collective punishment based on "belief"
that the govt has compelling interest more important than individual liberties.

Similar to prolife believing the right of unborn persons
supercedes the due process and free choice of women and their doctors
not to be punished for abortion.

As long as the current abuse of politics to skew the legal and legislative system
to deny and disparage equal rights of citizens of differing beliefs of what is
compelling interest or not justified,
then yes, I feel ALIENATED also.

If you are outside the system, then yes, I think
that is appropriate to explain it using the term alien.

If you want to use other terms, that's fine, too,
but let each person speak for themselves.

the problems still exist, regardless what terms we use,
so we might as well start with that, talk openly and
honestly about what is going wrong, regardless of
our biases left and right, and work it out anyway!
I don't have a big problem with the terms. I think people get a little too sensitive about stuff like this... however when I see somebody like the OP that corrects somebody who uses the term undocumented immigrant by responding with a bold underline Illegal ALIEN statement. Then he is obviously intending to be offensive and demeaning. I'm going to call this action out as unnecessary and point out the posters douchiness.

Personally, if a word or phrase is offensive to somebody, it's an easy fix for me and I can use a less offensive term. We live in an evolving civilized society and I believe that there is always room for personal growth.

So you never bothered to read the Wikileaks huh?

Yes, I did. That's why I know you're lying about them. Posting dumb images that say Obama was corrupt is just the way you lie.

Face it, loser. Obama ran the cleanest admin of our lifetimes, and he makes your party look like corrupt scumbags in comparison. That's why you're lying so frantically, because you know how awful he makes you look.

Now, you can prove you're not lying. Simply show us this supposed corruption, with actual data. Try to remember that hysterical FOX News kookery, which is all you have, does not make an actual scandal.

After you're done evading that, we can get back to the point all the conservatives are trying to evade. Why is it that not a single Trump fan is willing to say "It's wrong for Trump to take bribes from foreign officials by funneling them through his businesses."? Why can't even one Trump fan muster even that kind of halfhearted criticism of their DearLeader's open corruption? My conclusion is that all of them are either proud to be corrupt party hacks, or totally whupped and scared to criticize their thuggish party in any way.

So you never bothered to read the Wikileaks huh?

Yes, I did. That's why I know you're lying about them. Posting dumb images that say Obama was corrupt is just the way you lie.

Face it, loser. Obama ran the cleanest admin of our lifetimes, and he makes your party look like corrupt scumbags in comparison. That's why you're lying so frantically, because you know how awful he makes you look.

Now, you can prove you're not lying. Simply show us this supposed corruption, with actual data. Try to remember that hysterical FOX News kookery, which is all you have, does not make an actual scandal.

After you're done evading that, we can get back to the point all the conservatives are trying to evade. Why is it that not a single Trump fan is willing to say "It's wrong for Trump to take bribes from foreign officials by funneling them through his businesses."? Why can't even one Trump fan muster even that kind of halfhearted criticism of their DearLeader's open corruption? My conclusion is that all of them are either proud to be corrupt party hacks, or totally whupped and scared to criticize their thuggish party in any way.

I already posted a document in this thread that proved the corruption of this administration. See the AG Lynch response letter.

Everyone knows how corrupt this administration is, hell, they had to replace their AG it was so corrupt.

Folks that read the Wikileaks releases know how corrupt the Sec. of States office was under Clinton, and Obama was fully aware of this.

If you believe he was ignorant of all of this, then. . . .

if she ends up in jail he's spot on. it's all that matters. That will now progress the way a normal criminal is prosecuted. I can't wait as I said. but, but, but will be all I hear. And anyone who takes the fifth will be locked up as well. I love it.
Another case where you need to open your eyes... you've been fed a bunch of partisan propaganda. Trump and the GOP have been screaming criminal for so long and spinning the facts that the puppets now believe it's real. Don't be a puppet dude. You can do better than that.
I have my eyes wide open, Jan 20 can't get here fast enough

Good! So your eyes were open when you saw Trump try and convince the public that Obama wasn't a legitimate US citizen, then you saw him flip it, shake Obamas hand and call him a great man.
You saw Trump try and convince the word that Hillary was a criminal and if he was president he would assign a special prosecutor to send her to jail, maybe you chanted "lock her up" at one of his rally's, and now you see him flip it and say he has no intentions of pursuing it. Now he said we should be grateful for her service and she has been through enough.

I hope you keep your eyes open as the trend continues. I only listed a few that have already happened, there are plenty more to come.

Someone should start a "Countdown to Trump Impeachment" timer...

Good! So your eyes were open when you saw Trump try and convince the public that Obama wasn't a legitimate US citizen, then you saw him flip it, shake Obamas hand and call him a great man.
You saw Trump try and convince the word that Hillary was a criminal and if he was president he would assign a special prosecutor to send her to jail, maybe you chanted "lock her up" at one of his rally's, and now you see him flip it and say he has no intentions of pursuing it. Now he said we should be grateful for her service and she has been through enough.

I hope you keep your eyes open as the trend continues. I only listed a few that have already happened, there are plenty more to come.
My eyes were wide open as a watched a criminal named Hillary go down. Now with my eyes wide open, I see left wing crybabies crying, crying, CRYING...... grow the fk up whiner!

Now, this is interesting.

In an exclusive exchange with ThinkProgress, Richard Painter, a University of Minnesota law professor who previously served as chief ethics counsel to President George W. Bush, says that Trump’s efforts to do business with these diplomats is at odds with a provision of the Constitution intended to prevent foreign states from effectively buying influence with federal officials.

The Constitution’s “Emoluments Clause,” provides that “no person holding any office of profit or trust under” the United States “shall, without the consent of the Congress, accept of any present, emolument, office, or title, of any kind whatever, from any king, prince, or foreign state.”

The diplomats’ efforts in seek Trump’s favor by staying in his hotel “looks like a gift,” Painter told ThinkProgress in an email, and thus is the very kind of favor the Constitution seeks to prevent.

To explain, the ordinary rule under the Emoluments Clause is that federal officials may do business with foreign governments so long as they do not receive special treatment. If the president owns a $200,000 Rolls Royce, Painter told ThinkProgress, they can sell that car to the Queen of England, so long as they only receive its fair market value. If Her Majesty The Queen pays $250,000 for the Rolls Royce, however, that would violate the Emoluments Clause.

Rest of article here:
https://thinkprogress.org/trump-poi...hs-ethics-lawyer-says-73e14789a935#.91zyk7w2i

Trump is in SERIOUS legal trouble.

I've got some news for you (and for anyone else who thinks this or any other constitutional violation will matter to Trump supporters).

After years of trying to make monumental mountains out of minor molehills when some issue had Obama's name even only tangentially attached to it, Trump supporters and conservatives will summarily dismiss almost any Trump transgression.

However, Trump better be careful what he does since I can see him being Impeached and removed from office by Republicans who are not only wary of his policies and his temperament, but who would also just LOVE to have Pence in the Oval Office instead of The Donald.

Do you even hear yourself? Re-read your own words.

Trump had better be careful because Congress might actually do their job and keep him in check when they wouldn't do shit about Obama even with their own constituency screaming about the transgressions.

Seems like Trump is already having the desired effect of returning to the lawful rule of the Constitution that we haven't seen in 8 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And it's happening before he takes office, accepting payments from foreign officials, something specifically prohibited in the Constitution. Foreign diplomats are lining up to spend big bucks to stay at Trump hotels and get their names on the register.

For foreign diplomats, Trump hotel is place to be

Now, one can say Trump didn't know about this, so what's already happened isn't his fault. Fair enough.

However, he knows about it _now_. If he doesn't take immediate steps to stop it, he's deliberately taking the money of foreign agents. Again, that's something specifically prohibited by the Constitution.

So, can we get the conservatives to agree it's an impeachable offense if it's not stopped? That is, is there any level of crime they won't excuse on behalf of DearLeader?

After all, if it had happened under a Democrat, every conservative and media pundit would be crying for instant impeachment and prosecution. I hope no conservative embarrasses themselves by trying to deny that. I mean, look at the Clinton Foundation. There was no pay there, but foreign diplomats asked for play, and were refused, yet conservatives said that was criminal, somehow.

In this case, there's actual pay, and the play is still unknown. It's a far, far more egregious offense.

Such bullshit from the left. The foreigners will stay at Trump Hotels and play at Trump golf course as a matter of choice. Staying at a hotel is not a criminal offense nor is it a political bribe.

You summarily rejected Clinton's pay for play that is already well documented on several occasions such as her approval to sell US uranium mines to the Russians in exchange for donations to the Clinton's Foundation.

The partisan blinders seem to be well in use on the left. The way you've turned a blind eye to it for the past 8 years, you've got no moral standing to hold any one else accountable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now, this is interesting.

In an exclusive exchange with ThinkProgress, Richard Painter, a University of Minnesota law professor who previously served as chief ethics counsel to President George W. Bush, says that Trump’s efforts to do business with these diplomats is at odds with a provision of the Constitution intended to prevent foreign states from effectively buying influence with federal officials.

The Constitution’s “Emoluments Clause,” provides that “no person holding any office of profit or trust under” the United States “shall, without the consent of the Congress, accept of any present, emolument, office, or title, of any kind whatever, from any king, prince, or foreign state.”

The diplomats’ efforts in seek Trump’s favor by staying in his hotel “looks like a gift,” Painter told ThinkProgress in an email, and thus is the very kind of favor the Constitution seeks to prevent.

To explain, the ordinary rule under the Emoluments Clause is that federal officials may do business with foreign governments so long as they do not receive special treatment. If the president owns a $200,000 Rolls Royce, Painter told ThinkProgress, they can sell that car to the Queen of England, so long as they only receive its fair market value. If Her Majesty The Queen pays $250,000 for the Rolls Royce, however, that would violate the Emoluments Clause.

Rest of article here:
https://thinkprogress.org/trump-poi...hs-ethics-lawyer-says-73e14789a935#.91zyk7w2i

Trump is in SERIOUS legal trouble.

Sure he is snowflake, sure he is.......

:rofl:

Don't take my word for it, take the lawyers word.
Congratulations asshole!
You win the 3" 'Gold Inspired' plastic trophy for posting the stupidest post of the year!!!!!
"Don't take my word for it, take the lawyers word."

Is it really necessary to use the word aliens,

Yes, I believe using the proper term is necessary.

are you trying to make a point of being demeaning and offensive?

Why would using the proper term be either?
Alien is an old out dated term that dehumanizes real people so many substitute with immigrant. I find most people that still use it are either old school and unaware or intentionally trying to make a point of being offensive. Given your use of bold and underline for the statement I think it's fair to assume you are the later

Your PC nonsense is so passe' and out dated. LOL

We already knew Trump would play loosie goosie on this. Now, nothing can be done until after he takes the oath. He may find a way around all this like he did on Trump U. We are only using our crystal balls at this time.
I doubt you have any 'balls' crystal or otherwise.
It's like literally shooting fish in a barrel making these LIB assholes look like morons.
It's like watching someone with an IQ in the low eighties try to play three dimensional chess with a Grand Master.
Got any more for me to hit out of the park fool?

Forum List

Back