Trump poised to violate Constitution his first day in office, George W. Bush’s ethics lawyer says

I'll add another just for laughs.

Obama unilaterally changed OBAMACARE rules many times. Each time was a violation of the Constitution. Changes to legislation must be made by Congress. The President cannot just go into laws and change things as he pleases.
What's up? Giving up already? While you scratching you head to make your brains work, you might want to actually try to deal with Trumps issues . I'm sure that you can't.

Obama unilaterally changed OBAMACARE rules many times. Each time was a violation of the Constitution. Changes to legislation must be made by Congress. The President cannot just go into laws and change things as he pleases.
Try this for laughs. This might be what your talking about. See , I don't mind doing your homework for you:

70 Changes to ObamaCare… — So Far

You will see that these are rules changes made by administrative agencies that the President oversees. Do you understand rule making and administrative law.? I think not. You see, laws like the ACA are broad outlines of the legislative intent. They always provide a good deal of latitude to the agencies that are charged with administering the law. Hence rules making or agency made law. See you learned something today. Say thank you.

Now, please explain how any of this was improper, unconstitutional, or otherwise illegal.Sorry that your having such a bad day.

Now maybe you would like to try to deal with this: Law professor: Trump opens possibility of impeachment as ‘Foreign states pay money’ to his companies

Last edited:
Meh....so did Obama.....1st day and every day of his Presidency. The left will get over it.
Did Obama have hotels that he operated for profit??

Even if Trump didn't want to enrich himself with his office, it would be all but impossible to stop all sorts of people - Americans and foreigners - from trying to ingratiate themselves with the President by staying at his hotel. Or trying to avoid offending him by staying elsewhere. But of course he is trying to enrich himself. It's there on day one, even before day one. It just comes naturally. This Is Trouble

This is all about Trump, but as usual, no one can actually defend him or refute anything so you have to make it about Obama or Clinton

No, Obama violated the Constitution.

The title of this thread is about TRUMP VIOLATING THE CONSTITUTION.
Care to explain EXACTLY when and how? Common sense should tell you that if he actually did, Congressional Republicans would have been on it like stink on shit.

We can do one at a time...

First violation of the Constitution is allowing illegal immigration. Non citizens are supposed to be deported if they do not have a valid Visa. He violated this every single day of his Presidency.
I can keep going, but I will let you respond to each one I post.
Ok I'll play....First of all where EXACTLY in the Constitution is the President charged with the responsibility to stop unauthorized immigration??

Secondly ,How has he failed to use the powers of his office to deal with the issue to the extent possible?? You might want to read this: 5 Things to Know About Obama’s Record on Deportations

and Obama administration tops its own deportation record

Please just stick to the facts instead of falling back on right wing talking points.

Article II, Section 3 of the Constitution requires the President to "take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed."

Did Obama have hotels that he operated for profit??

This is all about Trump, but as usual, no one can actually defend him or refute anything so you have to make it about Obama or Clinton

Care to explain EXACTLY when and how? Common sense should tell you that if he actually did, Congressional Republicans would have been on it like stink on shit.

First violation of the Constitution is allowing illegal immigration. Non citizens are supposed to be deported if they do not have a valid Visa. He violated this every single day of his Presidency.
Ok I'll play....First of all where EXACTLY in the Constitution is the President charged with the responsibility to stop unauthorized immigration??

Secondly ,How has he failed to use the powers of his office to deal with the issue to the extent possible?? You might want to read this: 5 Things to Know About Obama’s Record on Deportations

Please just stick to the facts instead of falling back on right wing talking points.

Article II, Section 3 of the Constitution requires the President to "take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed."
And how has he not done that? I showed you that he has in fact enforced immigration laws. Common! Get it together!

What's up? Giving up already? While you scratching you head to make your brains work, you might want to actually try to deal with Trumps issues . I'm sure that you can't.

I was watching the OSU game.

We can keep going.

1) Refused to enforce immigration laws
2) Unilaterally changed Obamacare law numerous times
3) Sellng guns to Mexican Drug lords
4) Attempting to close down gun stores by pressuring banks not to lend money to them.
5) Using the IRS to harass conservatives
6) Obama renewed The Patriot Act. A law that all liberals agree is unconstitutional
7)Obama killed 4Americans without due process

Those should keep us busy a while.

And how has he not done that? I showed you that he has in fact enforced immigration laws. Common! Get it together!

If Obaama was enforcing immigration laws, why are people saying they are afraid Trump will deport illegal alien criminals?

Obama is not enforcing Federal Immigration laws. His deportation numbers include those turned back at the border.

We have an immigration legal process and nowhere in that process does it include sneaking across the border.

He is absolutely not enforcing the law.

Another law he is violating is giving Federal money to sanctuary cities who refuse to comply with Federal law.

Refer to North Carolina bathrooms for how it should be handled when a state breaks the law....the lose Federal funding...as Obama threatened. He is not threatening so much those states not enforcing immigration laws.

If Obaama was enforcing immigration laws, why are people saying they are afraid Trump will deport illegal alien criminals?

Obama is not enforcing Federal Immigration laws. His deportation numbers include those turned back at the border.

We have an immigration legal process and nowhere in that process does it include sneaking across the border.
Jesus fucking Christ! What is wrong with you??!! I just documented how the Obama administration has made deporting criminals - the undocumented as well as those here legally a priority. Trump wants to deport all of them regardless of their circumstances- regardless of the status of their children- creating a huge humanitarian crisis. He has not explained what would happen to the children who were born here and are citizens. Will they be deported also.? If not who will care for them? Have you thought about any of that? Answer me! Have you thought about that? And by the way, what President -including his Republican predecessor- has done more or done it better?

Another law he is violating is giving Federal money to sanctuary cities who refuse to comply with Federal law.

Refer to North Carolina bathrooms for how it should be handled when a state breaks the law....the lose Federal funding...as Obama threatened. He is not threatening so much those states not enforcing immigration laws.
What the fuck are you jabbering about now? North Carolina bathrooms?? Keep throwing shit at the wall and hope that something sticks.

Jesus fucking Christ! What is wrong with you??!! I just documented how the Obama administration has made deporting criminals - the undocumented as well as those here legally a priority. Trump wants to deport all of them regardless of their circumstances- regardless of the status of their children- creating a huge humanitarian crisis. He has not explained what would happen to the children who were born here and are citizens. Will they be deported also.? If not who will care for them? Have you thought about any of that? Answer me! Have you thought about that? And by the way, what President -including his Republican predecessor- has done more or done it better?

See, we are still stuck on the first one.

The very existence of "Sanctuary Cities" are proof that Obama is not enforcing immigration laws.

Define a Sanctuary City.

Now, this is interesting.

In an exclusive exchange with ThinkProgress, Richard Painter, a University of Minnesota law professor who previously served as chief ethics counsel to President George W. Bush, says that Trump’s efforts to do business with these diplomats is at odds with a provision of the Constitution intended to prevent foreign states from effectively buying influence with federal officials.

The Constitution’s “Emoluments Clause,” provides that “no person holding any office of profit or trust under” the United States “shall, without the consent of the Congress, accept of any present, emolument, office, or title, of any kind whatever, from any king, prince, or foreign state.”

The diplomats’ efforts in seek Trump’s favor by staying in his hotel “looks like a gift,” Painter told ThinkProgress in an email, and thus is the very kind of favor the Constitution seeks to prevent.

To explain, the ordinary rule under the Emoluments Clause is that federal officials may do business with foreign governments so long as they do not receive special treatment. If the president owns a $200,000 Rolls Royce, Painter told ThinkProgress, they can sell that car to the Queen of England, so long as they only receive its fair market value. If Her Majesty The Queen pays $250,000 for the Rolls Royce, however, that would violate the Emoluments Clause.

Rest of article here:
https://thinkprogress.org/trump-poi...hs-ethics-lawyer-says-73e14789a935#.91zyk7w2i

Trump is in SERIOUS legal trouble.

Think progress!:lmao::lmao::lmao: Got anything from a credible source?:rofl::rofl::rofl:

What the fuck are you jabbering about now? North Carolina bathrooms?? Keep throwing shit at the wall and hope that something sticks.

Obama made an executive order about transgendered bathrooms. North Carolina refused to enforce Obama's EO, so Obama threatened to withhold any Federal money from North Carolina. That is what should be done when a Municipality violates Federal law.

Obama should be withholding Federal funding from sanctuary cities that are violating federal law.

Sorry if you cannot understand the concept.

Federal funds to those cities is not a violation of federal law. Please get your facts straight: Obama threatens to veto bill stripping sanctuary cities of federal funds

Shit! You are not that much of a challenge. Want to try to deal with Trumps problems now??

In an exclusive exchange with ThinkProgress, Richard Painter, a University of Minnesota law professor who previously served as chief ethics counsel to President George W. Bush, says that Trump’s efforts to do business with these diplomats is at odds with a provision of the Constitution intended to prevent foreign states from effectively buying influence with federal officials.

The Constitution’s “Emoluments Clause,” provides that “no person holding any office of profit or trust under” the United States “shall, without the consent of the Congress, accept of any present, emolument, office, or title, of any kind whatever, from any king, prince, or foreign state.”

The diplomats’ efforts in seek Trump’s favor by staying in his hotel “looks like a gift,” Painter told ThinkProgress in an email, and thus is the very kind of favor the Constitution seeks to prevent.

To explain, the ordinary rule under the Emoluments Clause is that federal officials may do business with foreign governments so long as they do not receive special treatment. If the president owns a $200,000 Rolls Royce, Painter told ThinkProgress, they can sell that car to the Queen of England, so long as they only receive its fair market value. If Her Majesty The Queen pays $250,000 for the Rolls Royce, however, that would violate the Emoluments Clause.

Rest of article here:
https://thinkprogress.org/trump-poi...hs-ethics-lawyer-says-73e14789a935#.91zyk7w2i

Think progress!:lmao::lmao::lmao: Got anything from a credible source?:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Got anything to refute the article ??

8) Obama ordered Boeing, a private company, to fire 1000 people because their plant in South Carolina was non Union and the Obama administration made Boeing close the plant.

Federal funds to those cities is not a violation of federal law. Please get your facts straight: Obama threatens to veto bill stripping sanctuary cities of federal funds

Shit! You are not that much of a challenge. Want to try to deal with Trumps problems now??

The funds should be withheld because those citie are violating Federal Law and Obama won't enforce the law.

Are you seriously taking the position that NOT deporting criminal illegal aliens is legal?

I don't think most liberals are stupid enough to even argue the point, they just say the current laws are xenophobic and should not be followed.

Last edited:

Rest of article here:

I am not sure what you are arguing. Obama is not enforcing Federal Immigration laws. That violates the Constitution. It's very simple.

That is why ICE endorsed Trump.

9) During the Chrysler bankruptcy, Obama violated the Fifth Amendment and more than 150 years of bankruptcy law by illegally making secured creditors subordinate to unsecured creditors. Tsk tsk tsk, Obama.

Rest of article here:

Sure. Paying for a night in a hotel is called BUSINESS. Not a gift. The ethics professor is reaching so far into the weeds to try and come up with anything to tarnish the trumpster that it is laughable. Where was this dipshit when the shrilary was provably selling her influence as SOS? Nowhere to be seen.

See, we are still stuck on the first one.

The very existence of "Sanctuary Cities" are proof that Obama is not enforcing immigration laws.

Define a Sanctuary City.
Not it is not proof of anything . I just documented that providing Federal funds to those cities is not illegal. Are you really that obtuse??

Forum List

Back