Trump poised to violate Constitution his first day in office, George W. Bush’s ethics lawyer says

Partially correct and, according to 64% of American voters, unfair in categorizing half of Trump supporters as being prejudicial against women or minorities. Factor in that 60% of voters believe Hillary is untrustworthy and it seems her comments are not truthful.

Labeling someone "racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic -- you name it. " doesn't make them that way. I'm against bring 60,000+ Syrian refugees (immigrants, in reality) to the US, but I fully support fixing why they are refugees and helping them until they can go home. Does that make me "racist"? "Islamophobic"?

I'm against Affirmative Action since, IMO, it is institutionalized racism. Does that make me "racist"?

Although I understand the plight of transgenders and bathrooms, I'm not comfortable with a transgender "woman" like Caitlyn Jenner using the little girls room at the school play or PTA meeting. Does that make me "homophobic"?

Clinton and Trump in virtual dead heat before first debate - The Washington Post
Q: Do you think it's fair or unfair to describe a large portion of Trump's supporters as prejudiced against women and minorities?
Fair 30%
Unfair 64%

Q: Do you think Hillary Clinton is honest and trustworthy, or not?
Yes 36%
No 60%
I was disappointed with both candidates but I was extremely disappointed by the classless and dishonest campaigns that both sides ran. To address your questions....

I believe Clinton was speaking to people that truly hate or feel superior to minorities, women, LGBT, and immigrants. There is no denying that people like this still exist in America, many were attracted to Trumps campaign, and these people truly are deplorable. Saying it was half his supporters was a mistake which she apologized for the next day.

Per your examples, I don't think any of them makes you a bigot.... you have every right to those views and though I do not agree with you I respect your right to hold those views and would hope that we could have an intelligent debate about why we feel the way we do. I see the root to your arguments being a focus on safety and protecting yourself and your community, this is a fair argument.. you did not reflect hate or targeted discrimination towards these groups... some people do have hate and want to excluded these groups because of this hate, these people are the deplorables.
dude really? You believe that shit. wow. Why are you ok with grown men in a bathroom with little girls. See I don't get that. I respect the rights of the child more than I respect the right of someone who wishes to dress up in the other genders clothes.

Illegal is illegal. What is it you believe is meant by illegal?

vetting, the FBI stated vetting was necessary to Obummer. What's wrong with taking direction from those we put in position to tell us that? I don't see at all where there is hate except from the left. Please post up anything you feel is accurate and factual other than hearsay and bullshit.
It's not heresay at all, this board is a great example, I've had many conversations with proud blatant racists, sexists, and bigots. That's not me calling them names, they own it with pride. They express all the old school supremists views and truly want a white male dominated society again... its very sad. And trust me, none of them were Hillary supporters. Then you see the KKK, the alt-right, and other extreme nationalist groups, all promoting and rallying for Trump, so I don't see how you can deny that this exists. You either don't think these view points are deplorable or you are ignoring/excusing their existance... either way it doesn't make you look good.

The trans situation is a longer discussion and is not as simple as allowing men into the bathroom with little girls. Of course i don't support that. But there is a situation going on where it's the transgenders that are struggling so I'm open to hearing the arguments with an open mind and finding the best solution. As of now I don't see bathroom regulation being a necessary thing for our government to get involved with.

I don't know what you are talking about with the "illegal" question
dude, I have no knowledge of anything you say exists. It exists in your mind, I'll agree with that.

kkk is democrates, you know this right? Alt right your terminology, I have no idea what that is,what other extreme nationalists groups?

Illegal, as immigration. What is it you don't understand about illegal?

What's the population of transgender people as far as a percentage of the country?
Here, from tonight's news, incase you're interested in opening your eyes

Alt-right leader: 'Hail Trump!' - CNN Video
good for him. I like trump too. So?

You can't just start complaining about this new administration's apparent lack of ethics when the precedent has already been set.

The precedent being Obama ran the most ethical administration of our lifetimes. We liberals are proud of that precedent, and we're going to keep rubbing it in your corrupt faces.

And yes, we know why you lie about Obama and fabricate stories of supposed wrongdoing. You know full well how bad Republicans look in comparison. And now it's even more urgent that you make up such stories, because you now need to deflect from your Dearleader's open corruption.

Sad, that not even a single Republican anywhere is willing to simply say "Yes, it's illegal and against the Constitution for Trump to be taking money through his businesses from foreign diplomats, and he needs to stop it immediately." The two sides here are nothing alike. Democrats are anti-corruption, while the Republicans are corrupt to the core.

Republicans. Is there any crime Trump could commit that you wouldn't excuse?

Now, this is interesting.

In an exclusive exchange with ThinkProgress, Richard Painter, a University of Minnesota law professor who previously served as chief ethics counsel to President George W. Bush, says that Trump’s efforts to do business with these diplomats is at odds with a provision of the Constitution intended to prevent foreign states from effectively buying influence with federal officials.

The Constitution’s “Emoluments Clause,” provides that “no person holding any office of profit or trust under” the United States “shall, without the consent of the Congress, accept of any present, emolument, office, or title, of any kind whatever, from any king, prince, or foreign state.”

The diplomats’ efforts in seek Trump’s favor by staying in his hotel “looks like a gift,” Painter told ThinkProgress in an email, and thus is the very kind of favor the Constitution seeks to prevent.

To explain, the ordinary rule under the Emoluments Clause is that federal officials may do business with foreign governments so long as they do not receive special treatment. If the president owns a $200,000 Rolls Royce, Painter told ThinkProgress, they can sell that car to the Queen of England, so long as they only receive its fair market value. If Her Majesty The Queen pays $250,000 for the Rolls Royce, however, that would violate the Emoluments Clause.

Rest of article here:
https://thinkprogress.org/trump-poi...hs-ethics-lawyer-says-73e14789a935#.91zyk7w2i

Trump is in SERIOUS legal trouble.
Spam bot.

Ignore list.

You can't just start complaining about this new administration's apparent lack of ethics when the precedent has already been set.

The precedent being Obama ran the most ethical administration of our lifetimes. We liberals are proud of that precedent, and we're going to keep rubbing it in your corrupt faces.

And yes, we know why you lie about Obama and fabricate stories of supposed wrongdoing. You know full well how bad Republicans look in comparison. And now it's even more urgent that you make up such stories, because you now need to deflect from your Dearleader's open corruption.

Sad, that not even a single Republican anywhere is willing to simply say "Yes, it's illegal and against the Constitution for Trump to be taking money through his businesses from foreign diplomats, and he needs to stop it immediately." The two sides here are nothing alike. Democrats are anti-corruption, while the Republicans are corrupt to the core.

but you're ok with the clinton foundation and the uranium sold to the russians and the pay to play. You're all in there bubba/bubbette. you hypocrite! You just post up the proof any day on the Trump foundation. Just post it up. The clinton foundation is proven.

but you're ok with the clinton foundation

Of course I am. It's a charity that has saved the lives of thousands. That seems to offend you, butcher, the fact that thousands of lives were saved.

and the uranium sold to the russians

Of course I'm okay with private businesses here selling uranium to the Russians, after a dozen federal agencies approved. It's not like the Russians are short of material for their nuclear weapons, being that plutonium lasts forever. They need uranium for their reactors. Hence, it has zero effect on US security, and brings the US a profit. Do you have something against free market capitalism?

and the pay to play.

There was no pay to play anywhere, so you just sound insane.

You're all in there bubba/bubbette. you hypocrite!

You being a liar does not make me a hypocrite.

You just post up the proof any day on the Trump foundation. Just post it up.

I'm not talking about the Trump Foundation now, moron. I'm talking about Trump taking bribes by accepting outrageously inflated payments from foreign diplomats through his businesses.

The clinton foundation is proven.

Proven to be 100% clean, yes, with an A-rating from charity watchdogs. As with all such charities, the books are open, and there is no wrongdoing. Why are you lying and saying otherwise?

The Clinton Foundation is a charity that is not financially tied to the Clintons. Donations to the Clinton Foundation do not financially benefit the Clintons in any way. Hence, there can be no "pay", and only liars say there is.

As far as "play" goes, a couple donors asked for favors, and were refused. Hence, no "play", and only liars say there was.

So, let's make it clear again where we each stand. You support corrupt people, and I don't.

but you're ok with the clinton foundation and the uranium sold to the russians and the pay to play. You're all in there bubba/bubbette. you hypocrite! You just post up the proof any day on the Trump foundation. Just post it up. The clinton foundation is proven.

Post your proof. And I don't mean innuendos. I mean real proof. Court documents and convictions. Everything else is just more of the 30 year old witch hunt.

I was disappointed with both candidates but I was extremely disappointed by the classless and dishonest campaigns that both sides ran. To address your questions....

I believe Clinton was speaking to people that truly hate or feel superior to minorities, women, LGBT, and immigrants. There is no denying that people like this still exist in America, many were attracted to Trumps campaign, and these people truly are deplorable. Saying it was half his supporters was a mistake which she apologized for the next day.

Per your examples, I don't think any of them makes you a bigot.... you have every right to those views and though I do not agree with you I respect your right to hold those views and would hope that we could have an intelligent debate about why we feel the way we do. I see the root to your arguments being a focus on safety and protecting yourself and your community, this is a fair argument.. you did not reflect hate or targeted discrimination towards these groups... some people do have hate and want to excluded these groups because of this hate, these people are the deplorables.
dude really? You believe that shit. wow. Why are you ok with grown men in a bathroom with little girls. See I don't get that. I respect the rights of the child more than I respect the right of someone who wishes to dress up in the other genders clothes.

vetting, the FBI stated vetting was necessary to Obummer. What's wrong with taking direction from those we put in position to tell us that? I don't see at all where there is hate except from the left. Please post up anything you feel is accurate and factual other than hearsay and bullshit.
It's not heresay at all, this board is a great example, I've had many conversations with proud blatant racists, sexists, and bigots. That's not me calling them names, they own it with pride. They express all the old school supremists views and truly want a white male dominated society again... its very sad. And trust me, none of them were Hillary supporters. Then you see the KKK, the alt-right, and other extreme nationalist groups, all promoting and rallying for Trump, so I don't see how you can deny that this exists. You either don't think these view points are deplorable or you are ignoring/excusing their existance... either way it doesn't make you look good.

The trans situation is a longer discussion and is not as simple as allowing men into the bathroom with little girls. Of course i don't support that. But there is a situation going on where it's the transgenders that are struggling so I'm open to hearing the arguments with an open mind and finding the best solution. As of now I don't see bathroom regulation being a necessary thing for our government to get involved with.

dude, I have no knowledge of anything you say exists. It exists in your mind, I'll agree with that.

kkk is democrates, you know this right? Alt right your terminology, I have no idea what that is,what other extreme nationalists groups?

What's the population of transgender people as far as a percentage of the country?

So? Did you forget the above conversation when I brought up the "deplorables" i.e. People that represent the alt-right who have legitimate hate in their hearts and feel they are superior and more entitled than minority groups.

Did you forget when you responded "dude, I have no knowledge of anything you say exists. It exists in your mind, I'll agree with that." ????

Now you know

Post your proof. And I don't mean innuendos. I mean real proof. Court documents and convictions. Everything else is just more of the 30 year old witch hunt.

"As first reported by The Daily Caller, the IRS launched an investigation into the Clinton Foundation this past July after 64 House Republicans called the foundation a “lawless ‘pay-to-play’ enterprise that has been operating under a cloak of philanthropy for years and should be investigated” in a letter to the IRS, FBI and Federal Trade Commission (FTC).

Read more: Just 5.7 Percent Of Clinton Foundation Budget Actually Went To Charitable Grants"

So you never bothered to read the Wikileaks huh?
1ba24ca71d3ca19894bebb1e73d24849.jpg

o-scandals.jpg
carney--meme.jpg

So? Did you forget the above conversation when I brought up the "deplorables" i.e. People that represent the alt-right who have legitimate hate in their hearts and feel they are superior and more entitled than minority groups.

Did you forget when you responded "dude, I have no knowledge of anything you say exists. It exists in your mind, I'll agree with that." ????

Now you know
dude, sorry, but I am lost at what you want from me. Someone voted for Trump, me too. What's wrong with that? you seem to have an issue with how certain people voted. Why, don't they have that right? Wow, you're one lost soul.

but you're ok with the clinton foundation

Of course I am. It's a charity that has saved the lives of thousands. That seems to offend you, butcher, the fact that thousands of lives were saved.

and the uranium sold to the russians

Of course I'm okay with private businesses here selling uranium to the Russians, after a dozen federal agencies approved. It's not like the Russians are short of material for their nuclear weapons, being that plutonium lasts forever. They need uranium for their reactors. Hence, it has zero effect on US security, and brings the US a profit. Do you have something against free market capitalism?

and the pay to play.

There was no pay to play anywhere, so you just sound insane.

You're all in there bubba/bubbette. you hypocrite!

You being a liar does not make me a hypocrite.

You just post up the proof any day on the Trump foundation. Just post it up.

I'm not talking about the Trump Foundation now, moron. I'm talking about Trump taking bribes by accepting outrageously inflated payments from foreign diplomats through his businesses.

The clinton foundation is proven.

Proven to be 100% clean, yes, with an A-rating from charity watchdogs. As with all such charities, the books are open, and there is no wrongdoing. Why are you lying and saying otherwise?

The Clinton Foundation is a charity that is not financially tied to the Clintons. Donations to the Clinton Foundation do not financially benefit the Clintons in any way. Hence, there can be no "pay", and only liars say there is.

As far as "play" goes, a couple donors asked for favors, and were refused. Hence, no "play", and only liars say there was.

So, let's make it clear again where we each stand. You support corrupt people, and I don't.
"Memo sheds new light on Clinton-Russia uranium scandal
Of all the Clinton Foundation/Clinton cash scandals, the one I’ve always considered most disturbing involves the Russians gaining control over a large share of America’s uranium. Relying on a New York Times report, I wrote about this scandal here.

Newly uncovered State Department documents shed additional light on this scandal. But before getting to the new material, I’ll summarize what the New York Times reported."

Memo sheds new light on Clinton-Russia uranium scandal

"As first reported by The Daily Caller, the IRS launched an investigation into the Clinton Foundation this past July after 64 House Republicans called the foundation a “lawless ‘pay-to-play’ enterprise that has been operating under a cloak of philanthropy for years and should be investigated” in a letter to the IRS, FBI and Federal Trade Commission (FTC).

Read more: Just 5.7 Percent Of Clinton Foundation Budget Actually Went To Charitable Grants"
Haha, you were asked to post proof, not innuendos,and you post a snippet about a congressional attack by the GOP during an election???

Did you happen to catch the news today? Trump said that he is not perusing an investigation into Clintons emails or foundation (sorry, all that lock her up talk, was just campaign propaganda, he was playing you)

In the next breath, The Trump Foundation has admitted to breaking the law by using funds to buy personal property.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...e6-8616-52b15787add0_story.html?client=safari

3-loretta-lynch-takes-fifth-letter.jpg

Haha, you were asked to post proof, not innuendos,and you post a snippet about a congressional attack by the GOP during an election???

Did you happen to catch the news today? Trump said that he is not perusing an investigation into Clintons emails or foundation (sorry, all that lock her up talk, was just campaign propaganda, he was playing you)

In the next breath, The Trump Foundation has admitted to breaking the law by using funds to buy personal property.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...e6-8616-52b15787add0_story.html?client=safari
last time I checked the congress is still the congress. They haven't stopped anything. Trump is the president elect and it isn't his job to go after her. His job is to appoint those who will. That has been done and will be put in play Jan 21.

I think Trump's lawyers are busy working on ways to "build a wall" between Trump and his company's dealings. They actually have two months, folks, before it's a problem. CNN has spent the last two days discussing it nonstop and seem to believe it is going to be an "optics" problem, an ethical rather than a necessarily legal one. What the President-elect is arranging is not a "blind trust," but it is what he told everyone straight out, months ago, that he was going to do. If they didn't like it, they didn't have to vote for him.

I could care less if he keeps making money while he is in office. He certainly will know if his dealings with foreign officials will profit his businesses, but really--he is a multi-billionaire businessman, and he never made any secrets about it. He has energy, stamina and good health, and if I were him I wouldn't "liquidate" my businesses either. He is not a politician. He does not give a shit about optics. I think everyone better just get used to the fact that this is the way it's going to be.
I dearly hope the Dems don't keep this up for 4 years the way the Repubs did with Benghazi and the e-mails. It is so tedious.

Now you know
dude, sorry, but I am lost at what you want from me. Someone voted for Trump, me too. What's wrong with that? you seem to have an issue with how certain people voted. Why, don't they have that right? Wow, you're one lost soul.
Is this really going over your head? Do I really need to explain it all or are you just breaking my balls?

More than half the voters in America didn't vote for Trump and they have legitimate concerns and many have fear about what Trump is bringing into the White House... these fears and concerns revolve around many of the principles of this alt right movement and Trumps apparent acceptance and tolerance for this viewpoint.

All that I expect from people like you is to acknowledge these fears and concerns. Don't pretend like there is nothing there and concerned people are all just spoiled cry babies

last time I checked the congress is still the congress. They haven't stopped anything. Trump is the president elect and it isn't his job to go after her. His job is to appoint those who will. That has been done and will be put in play Jan 21.
2nd debate, Trump says if elected I will appoint a special prosecutor.... at all of his rally's, "lock her up".... now that he's elected. "He is not going to pursue it" translation it was all campaign BS.

I'm glad he backed off, it's the right move... just highlights how dishonest, manipulative and full of shit he was in his campaign.

Trump Won’t Appoint A Special Prosecutor To Investigate Hillary Clinton

2nd debate, Trump says if elected I will appoint a special prosecutor.... at all of his rally's, "lock her up".... now that he's elected. "He is not going to pursue it" translation it was all campaign BS.

I'm glad he backed off, it's the right move... just highlights how dishonest, manipulative and full of shit he was in his campaign.

we'll see, he doesn't need a special prosecutor, the congress never stopped its investigation. all he needed to do was win. He did, the attorney general will now make the correct decision and do what was needed two years ago.

we'll see, he doesn't need a special prosecutor, the congress never stopped its investigation. all he needed to do was win. He did, the attorney general will now make the correct decision and do what was needed two years ago.
It doesn't matter what he "needs" it matters what he "said" he was going to do. Many saw through much of his BS talking points during the campaign. As somebody who didn't support much of his hardline points I think it's a good thing, but I Trump supporters are going to be disappointed if they expect him to follow through on everything he promised

It doesn't matter what he "needs" it matters what he "said" he was going to do. Many saw through much of his BS talking points during the campaign. As somebody who didn't support much of his hardline points I think it's a good thing, but I Trump supporters are going to be disappointed if they expect him to follow through on everything he promised
if she ends up in jail he's spot on. it's all that matters. That will now progress the way a normal criminal is prosecuted. I can't wait as I said. but, but, but will be all I hear. And anyone who takes the fifth will be locked up as well. I love it.

Forum List

Back