Trump prefers the Russian government over out US democracy

Trump prefers the Russian government over our US democracy.
He dreams of being like Putin and lead the US without the checks and balances of other branches of government.

He is being successful at leading down this path. He is using his power to downgrade the power of the judicial and legislative branches of government.

The founding fathers also put the freedom of the press as a check on government power. Trump is working hard to take away the legitimacy and freedom of the press.

He and his supporter are the biggest internal threat to our democracy since the Civil War.

He wants to be CEO of America.

Our Presidents are Commander in Chief and CEO.
Our Presidents manage national affairs, the priorities of the Government, the power to veto bills.
That is what some of the job is for CEO's of companies.
do.
They make sure the company runs efficiently and smoothly. Just like our Presidents do with our government.

What happened today was symbolic and minor, as a real thing. But nonetheless, the symbolism is alarming. You can’t — the press can’t allow itself to be bullied.”

Damn the symbolism! Many in the media ought to be considered enemy combatants and sent to Guantanamo Bay. After a certain point, you enter the realm of sedition, not freedom. Maybe they can be traded to Kim Jong-Un for our three prisoners.

I don't like all the media, (especially on the right :p) - but I damn sure don't want to see it supressed like it is in Turkey, Russia, and many countries around the world where it's state run and state controlled.
I went into a break room last week and asked this woman if she'd mind me turning the TV on to watch some news. She said "not at all.... anything but Fox News". She got pissed and walked out after I asked how I was going to learn anything watching CNN or MSNBC. lol

I think watching a variety is key - but I actually don't watch much news, I prefer it on the radio, when I'm driving and it's usually NPR.

He dreams of being like Putin and lead the US without the checks and balances of other branches of government.

He is being successful at leading down this path. He is using his power to downgrade the power of the judicial and legislative branches of government.

The founding fathers also put the freedom of the press as a check on government power. Trump is working hard to take away the legitimacy and freedom of the press.

He and his supporter are the biggest internal threat to our democracy since the Civil War.

Our Presidents manage national affairs, the priorities of the Government, the power to veto bills.
do.
They make sure the company runs efficiently and smoothly. Just like our Presidents do with our government.

CEO's make all the decisions. Presidents don't. They have to be able to work with, negotiate with the legislative branch if they want to accomplish much. The President can veto bills but he can't create them, and his powers are limited by judicial and legislative branches where as a CEO's are absolute within his company.

do.
Sorry but no, company's are there to make money. our government is here to establish a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for common defence, promote the general welfare. NOT saying that we have been doing that, but we are not suppose to be a business. just seems that way as are leaders pick our pockets for there personal gain.

do.

CEO's make all the decisions. Presidents don't. They have to be able to work with, negotiate with the legislative branch if they want to accomplish much. The President can veto bills but he can't create them, and his powers are limited by judicial and legislative branches where as a CEO's are absolute within his company.

Hmmm. I always thought that the CEO is under the gun by stockholders.......especially major stockholders.

do.

Hmmm. I always thought that the CEO is under the gun by stockholders.......especially major stockholders.

Stockholders are like the electorate. The only thing the CEO needs to provide is profit.

I went into a break room last week and asked this woman if she'd mind me turning the TV on to watch some news. She said "not at all.... anything but Fox News". She got pissed and walked out after I asked how I was going to learn anything watching CNN or MSNBC. lol

Isn't it always funny, when these people tell you this and you ask them the last time they actually WATCHED Fox News, they tell you never! So how do they know what is on Fox that is so bad if they never see it? And when you ask them how you will learn anything watching CNN, etc., they never have an answer for you! All they know is they hate something that they never watch and probably never HAVE watched! That's called BRAINWASHING.

And nobody knows that more than Rush Limbaugh.

do.

Stockholders are like the electorate. The only thing the CEO needs to provide is profit.

However, the CEO has people he or she has to answer to. They don't make decisions against the will of the stockholders.

MSNBC'd again I see.

do.

However, the CEO has people he or she has to answer to. They don't make decisions against the will of the stockholders.

True, but I see that more as the voters than co-equal branches of power. A president can do little without Congress and Congress can overide a veto.

Libs are off their meds its one crazy nut job thread after another. Tune in tomorrow when the left claim Trump has sided with the Borg.
Not one reply on why my thread is incorrect is based on facts. The responses from the Trumpsters is name calling, nothing more. An example of absolute stupidity.

Please show some facts instead of opinion.

What happened today was symbolic and minor, as a real thing. But nonetheless, the symbolism is alarming. You can’t — the press can’t allow itself to be bullied.”

Damn the symbolism! Many in the media ought to be considered enemy combatants and sent to Guantanamo Bay. After a certain point, you enter the realm of sedition, not freedom. Maybe they can be traded to Kim Jong-Un for our three prisoners.

I don't like all the media, (especially on the right :p) - but I damn sure don't want to see it supressed like it is in Turkey, Russia, and many countries around the world where it's state run and state controlled.

It's funny when you make a liberal think for once. Several years ago I was at my post office in a long line because they only had one post officer worker taking care of all of us. I live in a black neighborhood so most of the people there were black. The lady behind me said in a loud enough voice "I can't believe they are letting us just stand here because they only have one worker to take care of all of us!" I turned around to her and said "This is just the beginning. These are the same people Obama wants to run our healthcare."

Oh did I get a dirty look. :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

do.

True, but I see that more as the voters than co-equal branches of power. A president can do little without Congress and Congress can overide a veto.

Well.......CEO's get fired all the time. Who fires them?

Libs are off their meds its one crazy nut job thread after another. Tune in tomorrow when the left claim Trump has sided with the Borg.
Not one reply on why my thread is incorrect is based on facts. The responses from the Trumpsters is name calling, nothing more. An example of absolute stupidity.
Sorry, but you didn't post any facts in the OP, you posted your opinion. We are supposed to refute your opinion with facts? Why?

Rick (hboats)
Trump has surpassed Obama in executive orders and executive actions.
Trump loudly criticized Obama has taken power from congress through the use of executive orders.
Now Trump is surpassing Obama in undermining congress.

So what EO did Trump sign that was against the majority in Congress?

Really? How?

Example please.

No, the judicial branch is trying to downgrade the power of the executive branch; Judicial activism.

And the Press is not trying to delegitimize the President?

No, the biggest threats to democracy and freedom are life long appointed judges and bureaucrats. That's because neither have any accountability for their actions.

It seems that the hard left is the only one thinking this. Planning to dismantle and even assassinate the democratically elected president at all costs.

Classic projection! Democracy means accepting the results also when they don't go your hard left way.

There is no doubt of that. Trump clearly wishes he could do what Putin did. Anything he wants.to do. You don't have to be a leftist to see that. All you have to be is honest.

It seems that the hard left is the only one thinking this. Planning to dismantle and even assassinate the democratically elected president at all costs.

Classic projection! Democracy means accepting the results also when they don't go your hard left way.

There is no doubt of that. Trump clearly wishes he could do what Putin did. Anything he wants.to do. You don't have to be a leftist to see that. All you have to be is honest.

And Putin wished he could do what DumBama did.

Putin: I envy Obama, because he can 'spy' and get away with it

do.
Sorry but no, company's are there to make money. our government is here to establish a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for common defence, promote the general welfare. NOT saying that we have been doing that, but we are not suppose to be a business. just seems that way as are leaders pick our pockets for there personal gain.

There are many types of CEO's
It is not about money its about the job description and their functions.

Forum List

Back