Trump promises to keep Social Security at GOP summit ..

Social security is the worst government program ever created... only medicare and medicaid could rival it.

Hopefully he changes his tune at some point.
At least you’re an honest republican

And yet I am not even a republican. Just honest...

Quick, where was Obama born?

Maybe you should ask that question from your messiah, Hillary.

What? Can't answer a simple question?

Social security is the worst government program ever created... only medicare and medicaid could rival it.

Hopefully he changes his tune at some point.

A vagina.

I think technically you aren't born in a vagina.

You are born coming out of a vagina... unless you are a butthole baby? :coffee:

A vagina.

I think technically you aren't born in a vagina.

You are born coming out of a vagina... unless you are a butthole baby? :coffee:

520438_1.jpg

Social Security will collapse on its own without any help from Trump.

When the baby boomers were working, the tax base was very plentiful for income redistribution through Social Security.

When that demographic bubble is retired, there will not be the tax base to pay all of them Social Security as it stands currently.

People should take that money and invest it themselves. Why should we give it to the government just to have the government supposedly give it back to us in 20, 30, 40 years down the line?

When the baby boomers were working, the tax base was very plentiful for income redistribution through Social Security.

When that demographic bubble is retired, there will not be the tax base to pay all of them Social Security as it stands currently.

People should take that money and invest it themselves. Why should we give it to the government just to have the government supposedly give it back to us in 20, 30, 40 years down the line?

Social security represents the extreme irresponsibility of the boomer. Too lazy to save for retirement... make the kids pay for it. Too lazy to make kids...

And so, broke it goes.

Social security represents the extreme irresponsibility of the boomer. Too lazy to save for retirement... make the kids pay for it. Too lazy to make kids...

And so, broke it goes.

For those who aren't nihilists, SS works.

Social-Security-seniors-in-poverty.png

And so, broke it goes.

Why is that graph flat for the past 30years?

If the Fed took the same 6% tax for Social Security and allowed people to invest in their own retirement, how would that be a bad thing?

Why should I pay the government now for something I might get back in 40 years?

It’s my money. Why can’t I invest it for my retirement?

And so, broke it goes.

If the Fed took the same 6% tax for Social Security and allowed people to invest in their own retirement, how would that be a bad thing?

You are a moron if you are not investing for your own retirement.

And so, broke it goes.

Insurance and responsibility works...

Social security doesn't work anywhere, and is bankrupting all the nations where it has been tried.

Have a nice time enslaving the children.

:whip:

And so, broke it goes.

A better question would be why is that graph so low the past 30 years compared to before social security. 10% vs. 50% elderly poverty rate. Wouldn't that be an obvious question?

Social Security isn't meant to get rich off of, it's only a minimal income to keep the elderly from being destitute. Gambling that away wouldn't be wise. You should/need to save outside of S.S., it's not one or the other.

To keep your dumbass out of the poor house.

And so, broke it goes.

Social security doesn't work anywhere, and is bankrupting all the nations where it has been tried.

The graph demonstrates that social security and other programs do indeed work. It has been tried? We're well beyond the trial phase.

And so, broke it goes.

The graph demonstrates that social security and other programs do indeed work. It has been tried? We're well beyond the trial phase.

The graph demonstrated that poverty among the elders has declined.

Nowhere did it come even close to demonstrating that social security in any sense works. And that's not a surprise, because it doesn't work.

And so, broke it goes.

Nowhere did it come even close to demonstrating that social security in any sense works. And that's not a surprise, because it doesn't work.

There are multiple resources to demonstrate that Social Security has helped decline the elderly poverty rate, please ignore these links at your leisure.

Social Security Keeps 22 Million Americans Out of Poverty: A State-By-State Analysis

Social Security and Elderly Poverty

Social Security and Poverty Among the Elderly - Embargoed Press Release - 4/8/99

Elderly Poverty Statistics - Economic Security | NCOA

Social Security: Still Lifting Many Older Americans Out of Poverty

Do you know anyone who relies on social security?

And so, broke it goes.

There are multiple resources to demonstrate that Social Security has helped decline the elderly poverty rate, please ignore these links at your leisure.

Social Security Keeps 22 Million Americans Out of Poverty: A State-By-State Analysis

Social Security and Elderly Poverty

Social Security and Poverty Among the Elderly - Embargoed Press Release - 4/8/99

Elderly Poverty Statistics - Economic Security | NCOA

Social Security: Still Lifting Many Older Americans Out of Poverty

Do you know anyone who relies on social security?

I don't doubt that transferring money from the young and the not wealthy to the old and the wealthy helps the "poor".

:whip::whip:

Forum List

Back