Trump pulling out of Paris Climate Accord

It's such an awesome deal, Obama didn't submit it to the US Senate.
Isn't China exempt from the agreement? If so what's the big deal?

According to documents seen by the Financial Times, Beijing and Brussels will outline measures to accelerate what they describe as the “irreversible” shift away from fossil fuels and the “historic achievement” of the Paris Accord. The document goes on to say the two sides are “determined to forge ahead” with measures to “lead the energy transition” toward a global low-emissions economy.
Let me see;

Germany's power grid is unstable and has rolling blackouts already. This last year over 3,800 deaths of elderly were noted and due to these rolling blackouts in just three months of winter..

Let these fools keep on their path, pretty soon there wont be any of them to continue it.. But long before that happens will be a revolt of the people.. And its damn close today already.

You're not making any sense. Start over.

According to documents seen by the Financial Times, Beijing and Brussels will outline measures to accelerate what they describe as the “irreversible” shift away from fossil fuels and the “historic achievement” of the Paris Accord. The document goes on to say the two sides are “determined to forge ahead” with measures to “lead the energy transition” toward a global low-emissions economy.
Let me see;

Germany's power grid is unstable and has rolling blackouts already. This last year over 3,800 deaths of elderly were noted and due to these rolling blackouts in just three months of winter..

Let these fools keep on their path, pretty soon there wont be any of them to continue it.. But long before that happens will be a revolt of the people.. And its damn close today already.

That would be the AGW mantra.... That makes no sense..

Let me see;

Let me type this S L O W L Y F O R Y O U...

The path of renewables they are on is a fools errand.. it is unsustainable. And even Germany knows it, as they have commissioned some 37 new coal fired power plants in the last two years..

Ah, on the road. It's just not all of them. And 400 miles to the gallon is what we need.
Mass transit would be better. Lots of it.

You see, nobody really disagrees that more rapid mass transit would be better. The issue I have is the global climate change scare tactics employed in the name of (phony) science. Science is never settled, it's a process and not a series of proclaimed truths ala Al Gore's An Inconvenient Truth.
It's true science is never settled and not every prediction comes true, for sure. But the science itself is quite settled that the planet is warming and that it is causing changes in weather patterns and gradual immersion of coastal land. That's not a theory. That's measured fact. Up here global (and ocean) warming is great because all the lobsters have migrated north from Massachusetts because the water is too warm for them down there now. But that won't last forever. Whatever way we can slow it down is a good thing. And absolutely no one is looking at air pollution itself as a thing we're breathing.
I'm glad people agree with rapid mass transit, anyway. That's a start.
Old woman, please stop, you're embarrassing yourself.
I didn't say a single thing that embarrassed me in the least. It's true about the temperatures and the lobsters. And the pollution. You aren't fooling me.
Or not

The fact is that anthropogenic climate change is a theory, a theory that is very popular among uninformed masses and scientist who make a living researching and writing about it. Making dramatic changes to our economic structure which will harm an already stressed and shrinking middle class is very reckless.
How would we ever survive (if we had to have cars that get 40 MPG and free power from the sun)?
How will we ever perish if we don't?
Slowly, in very unpleasant ways.
The truth is we will perish from out own hatreds long before any environmental cataclysm.
Most of the world gets along just fine. We are hated but then again - we are the assholes of the world.
Maybe you're an asshole but you don't get to include mankind in that bubba fairytaler

The treaty is legally binding for the next three years regardless of what Trump does. If he dishonors it, he faces disgrace from the countries that follow it. Disgrace may not be the best word, but the light is out in my bedroom and I'm hurting my eyes.

The treaty is legally binding for the next three years regardless of what Trump does.

There is no treaty. We're bound to nothing.

And by the way, it didn't require the United States to pass. If the US vote were changed to "No" and everything else was the same, it still passed.

If the US vote were changed to "No"

The US never voted, that's why there is no treaty.

and everything else was the same, it still passed.

Other countries are free to follow the agreement.

Yep. We will be a 3rd world nation if he has his way. Not just regarding climate control and greenhouse gasses, we have the highest number of guns in the world per 100 people: US guns per 100 people = 112, next comes Serbia with 58 and Yemen with 54. Another 3rd world statistic we fit into. .

If we don't invest in infrastructure = third world infrastructure
If we drop below 50th in healthcare = Probably 2nd or 3rd healthcare
IF we Keep dropping in education = we won't be competing with the rest of the first world at all.

I could go on...Trump and conservatives don't care.

America is no longer the leader of the free world.

Because we don't follow the rest of the world...we aren't the leaders?
Lol.
What you are seeing is leadership. And the end of global warming fascism.

The US Presidency has always been respected and no matter how disliked a US President might have been, the office guaranteed respect and status as being the leader of the free world.
Nah. For examples I give you Fuckwit43 and Ronnie Raygun. They were mocked and derided unmercifully by the rest of the world.

Forum List

Back