Trump pulling out of Paris Climate Accord

I bet even oil companies are shaking their heads at our moron President.

Trump’s decision would deepen the growing rift between the U.S. and its closest international allies, as well as put the U.S. in rare company with Syria and Nicaragua as the world’s only nonparticipants in the landmark deal, though Nicaragua didn’t sign because it felt the goals were too limited. The country is on course to have 90 percent renewables by 2020.

China and the EU plan for a Paris climate deal without Trump

Thanks Mr President for keeping another campaign promise :banana:

-Geaux

It's such an awesome deal, Obama didn't submit it to the US Senate.
Isn't China exempt from the agreement? If so what's the big deal?

According to documents seen by the Financial Times, Beijing and Brussels will outline measures to accelerate what they describe as the “irreversible” shift away from fossil fuels and the “historic achievement” of the Paris Accord. The document goes on to say the two sides are “determined to forge ahead” with measures to “lead the energy transition” toward a global low-emissions economy.
This is a lie. One reason China wants sole possession of SCS is all the oil believed to be there.....You will also notice notice EU oil co's drilling furiously all over the world.

At 3 p.m. Thursday Donald Trump will make his decision.

If you get disappointed because he doesn't want to participate, look for caveats. He still might take some action irregardless.

The fact is that anthropogenic climate change is a theory, a theory that is very popular among uninformed masses and scientist who make a living researching and writing about it. Making dramatic changes to our economic structure which will harm an already stressed and shrinking middle class is very reckless.
How would we ever survive (if we had to have cars that get 40 MPG and free power from the sun)?
How will we ever perish if we don't?
Slowly, in very unpleasant ways.
The truth is we will perish from out own hatreds long before any environmental cataclysm.

The fact is that anthropogenic climate change is a theory, a theory that is very popular among uninformed masses and scientist who make a living researching and writing about it. Making dramatic changes to our economic structure which will harm an already stressed and shrinking middle class is very reckless.
How would we ever survive (if we had to have cars that get 40 MPG and free power from the sun)?
The truth is we will perish from out own hatreds long before any environmental cataclysm.
Most of the world gets along just fine. We are hated but then again - we are the assholes of the world.

Yea, that would be real smart, a Republican majority bought and paid for by the wealthiest industry in world history, the fossil fuel industry.

Can't get a treaty approved, you don't have a treaty.
Obama doesn't get to wave a wand and commit the US to an agreement. Sorry.

The treaty is legally binding for the next three years regardless of what Trump does. If he dishonors it, he faces disgrace from the countries that follow it. Disgrace may not be the best word, but the light is out in my bedroom and I'm hurting my eyes.

The treaty is legally binding for the next three years regardless of what Trump does. If he dishonors it, he faces disgrace from the countries that follow it. Disgrace may not be the best word, but the light is out in my bedroom and I'm hurting my eyes.

It's not legally binding, obams went around Congress ..

Most of the world gets along just fine. We are hated but then again - we are the assholes of the world.
We?

And by the way, it didn't require the United States to pass. If the US vote were changed to "No" and everything else was the same, it still passed.

Nicaragua has the most untouched virgin rainforest anywhere on earth outside of the Amazon basin. They just vote " anything non-imperialist" .

And by the way, it didn't require the United States to pass. If the US vote were changed to "No" and everything else was the same, it still passed.

It required Congress... And once again who cares about the world? They won't get our money anytime soon.

Isn't China exempt from the agreement? If so what's the big deal?

According to documents seen by the Financial Times, Beijing and Brussels will outline measures to accelerate what they describe as the “irreversible” shift away from fossil fuels and the “historic achievement” of the Paris Accord. The document goes on to say the two sides are “determined to forge ahead” with measures to “lead the energy transition” toward a global low-emissions economy.
Let me see;

Germany's power grid is unstable and has rolling blackouts already. This last year over 3,800 deaths of elderly were noted and due to these rolling blackouts in just three months of winter..

Let these fools keep on their path, pretty soon there wont be any of them to continue it.. But long before that happens will be a revolt of the people.. And its damn close today already.

Nicaragua has the most untouched virgin rainforest anywhere on earth outside of the Amazon basin. They just vote " anything non-imperialist" .

That's because they're smart. They remember well the civil war Reagan and his cronies started in their country. Daniel Ortega (Daniel Ortega - Wikipedia) went on to rule that country after we tried to kill him. Like much of Central and South America, the heroes of these countries are those people who stood up to American aggression and meddling. Who could blame them?

Forum List

Back