Trump pulling out of Paris Climate Accord

Thanks, but I have a question: Why are so many of the weather reporting articles from 2014 based on 2013 data and prior? I noticed that, too, when I was looking at articles. Does it really take that long to compile data?
dunno. i just like to look up blanket statements and see how valid they may or may not be. i hear storms are getting worse and maybe they are. but i've seen horrible storms a lot through life and not just recently.

i've also seen not long ago the left and science say a mini ice age is coming. oops.

it's hard to believe someone and take them seriously when they rage to a point and then keep changing the name of it to fit another potential possibility.
Well, when it takes them three years and running to compile their data, I guess we'll all be running on "old news." You are too bright to believe that because there have been horrible storms in the past it somehow argues that climate change may bring about fewer but more intense storms. You know it is an average over years. You know that averages include minor and major storms. You KNOW that, so why are you arguing such a goof ball third grade statement from Bear?

I don't remember the mini ice age thing--I remember something about everyone getting cancer from a hole in the ozone and then we stopped selling aerosols for the most part. Predictions and the "latest" scientific theories are frequently proved wrong over time; that is true. We can't deny the climate is changing. We can't deny we are pumping much, much more C02 in the atmosphere than we were 300 years ago. We can't deny C02 increases temps on Earth. So we can reasonably deny what?
- That we can do anything about it
- How much we should pay/sacrifice/contribute toward an attempted solution

Those are the only real bones of contention I see available.
it came up in the 70s.

it's back.

mini ice age prediction - Google Search
Ahhhh, the 70's. That would explain why....

I guess we'd better buckle up. That mini ice age lasted a couple hundred years. In Maine, it created the year without summer in 1816. Although in 1940-something, an old timer friend of mine remembers it snowing on her brother's baseball game in June.
so how do i know in 40 years it won't be "ah, global warming..." - we can't make up our minds very long.

Hurricanes are increasing in intensity although there may be fewer.

Increasing in intensity does not always mean a much of category 5s. It also means what would have been a tropical storm becoming a category 1.

Last year there were 4 major hurricanes.
Its been several years since we had a cat 3.
Try again.
Did you catch those cyclones on the other side of the world last year though? A couple of them were really intense. Do they not count because they didn't happen in the US?
They do. I was just thinking US. That's my fault. He didn't even imply that.
Yes, there were a couple cat 4s and one or two cat 3s.
There was 3 major hurricanes in 1959
In 1969 there were 5. Even had a cat 5
In 1975 there were 7.
YOU believe we have a new hurricane problem.
No, I don't. What some climatologists are predicting is less frequent but more intense hurricanes. I don't think any of them are actually saying climate change has reached the point to affect that, or that we are anywhere near collecting data to see if that is true or not. Maybe in twenty or thirty years? A bunch more Katrinas and Sandys aren't exactly my hope, either, TN.
Predictions. Exactly. They also predicted cali would be under water and y2k was going to cause a massive computer crash..
Fear mongering. Got to love it.

Which is why they don't even want to hear anything about renegotiations. Like the UN, Trump will say America will do their part, but other countries have to do theirs. We will not do their part for them, and that's something they don't even want to discuss. They just want our money with a nice name like Paris Accord attached to it.
My God, you are that fucking stupid to believe Trump wants to renegotiate it when it can't be renegotiated?

Trump & you are too God damn stupid to know the Accord was all voluntary. If Trump is going to follow through on our commitment to lower our emissions, why pull out.

You & Trump are too God damn stupid top know that the leading country responsible for the high levels that exist today.

You & Trump are too God damn stupid top know that reducing emissions globally is better than just lowering ours ( Like the orange POS wants to lower our emissions).

Trump & you are too God damn stupid to get that providing these countries the technology & equipment is business for US corporations.

You & Trump are two of the dumbest people on the planet.

If you think we need some agreement with other countries to tell us what to do and how to do it, you're the stupid one. You want America to be like that guy with a good paying job that patrons a bar. Everybody runs up to him shaking his hand, giving him a hug, knowing he will buy them drinks all night long because he has the money.

Our country is 20 trillion dollars in debt. We are broke. Do you know what the word "broke" means? Broke means no money. Broke means in debt. Broke means failure. Why you leftists would choose failure all the time is beyond any reasonable persons ability to understand.

We can't afford to spend God knows how many billions (of money we don't have) on some stupid fairy tale like MMGW. You on the left always tell us to keep our religion in our church or at home, you should do the same with your beliefs. Don't involve our country in your stupid religion. If you want to lower your idiotic carbon footprint, buy a bike and ride it everywhere you go. Buy a windmill for your backyard. Take the bus everywhere you need to go. And in a hundred years from now, you can sit back and enjoy that .02% of cooler air.

God you people are dense.

In reality nobody is telling us anything Ray. We are the leader of this world not a dumb follower.
Taking about debt------- Since when you care about debt? Trump is wasting millions just by golfing, security and travel expenses of his family.
How about those small business that lost income every time he goes to Maralago?

Again are you saying that 7 out of 10 of Americans,CEOs, Conoco, Exxon etc etc etc blasting dumb Trump are all belong to the left are dense?
You are very wrong Ray.

Did you just get to this country or what?

Policies and politics changes with mood and vote of the people. We don't want some big-eared clown making policy that we can't get out of in the future. DumBama is gone, and Trump is trying to De-Bama the country.

When we voted the last several elections, we voted for change; not just change of the players, but change in the politics as well. We gave Republicans leadership of the Congress. We gave Republicans leadership of the Senate. We recently gave Republicans the White House. Why? Because we don't want Democrat policies anymore, and Democrat policies should not continue we we vote in Republican leadership.

Signing on to this Paris Accord gives Democrats the power over our environment no matter who is in leadership in the future. Trump rightfully stopped that. If the country wants change (as we do now) then we should not be bound by some stupid agreement that stops such change.

Yes, we are the leader of the world, and our leader is saying we act independently on this issue.

I get it. When Obama was President you had a freaking fit when he used EOs or negotiated agreements & here you re cheering when El Dumpster does it.

How much shit has your orange hero done against popular opinion & on his own.

What is El Cheeto's polling? How many people agree with his shit?

According to you, he shoulds not do any of this shit.

He lost the popular vote so most Americans don't want his fat ass anywhere near the White House.

I get it. When Obama was President you had a freaking fit when he used EOs or negotiated agreements & here you re cheering when El Dumpster does it.

Right. The difference is what Obama was signing for his cronyism vs. what Trump is signing to free up the nation again and get us moving forward!

How much shit has your orange hero done against popular opinion & on his own. What is El Cheeto's polling? How many people agree with his shit?

Apparently more than you think. Apparently more than the polls tell. Kind of like before the election! Who gives a crap what popular opinion is? The average person on the street can't even find Canada on a map and they get their "popular opinion" from hack sources like the MSM run by democrats.

He lost the popular vote so most Americans don't want his fat ass anywhere near the White House.

Funny, last I checked, he won the presidency! He won 30 out of 50 states! He won 306 electoral college votes to Hillary's only 232. He won 200 counties that had previously voted for Obama! The only people who don't want Trump in the Whitehouse are jackass liberals like you, democrats in Washington, and the millions of illegal aliens the democrats helped to vote for Hillary. But don't you worry, voter ID, voter fraud, and the illegal alien issue are all going to get addressed, and these are the mainstay of the democratic platform!!!

Given an open, honest, fair and legal platform, the democrats would lose every time. They only win what they do by suppressing information, lying, cheating, and steering the media to heavily favor and support them.

That's interesting.. You didn't know that?
That there was a hurricane in Galveston in 1900? I'm sorry that happened, but I still don't know your point. Katrina was a Cat #5.

Galveston killed over 6000 people.. How many did Katrina kill?

I don't know but in relation to the discussion here, it really doesn't matter. May they all RIP.

It's all about you saying hurricanes are getting worse

You forgot about that statement?
New Evidence That Climate Change Is Altering Hurricane Season as You Know It

Again you are slapped down.

The Weather Channel???! Everybody knows they are just another arm of the democratic party! Think I'm kidding? Just check what percentage of WC employees donate to and vote democrat. They are just another side-arm of the MSM, and 97% of them all donated to and voted for Hillary. Any 2nd grader can do the math and tell you that open, random chance would make that impossible unless such attitudes were being imposed either by hiring or by workplace pressure and influence. You don't just pick people off the street at random and get such numbers. Much like how conservative thinking is being suppressed in the schools. It is the only way democrats can get ahead--- by activism.

Any time you watch their shows, all they do is push the democratic-globalist climate agenda with lies and misinformation! Another snowflake liberal caught once again pushing the false news with his panties twisted around his ankles.

Last edited:

Increasing in intensity does not always mean a much of category 5s. It also means what would have been a tropical storm becoming a category 1.

Try again.
Did you catch those cyclones on the other side of the world last year though? A couple of them were really intense. Do they not count because they didn't happen in the US?
In 1975 there were 7.
No, I don't. What some climatologists are predicting is less frequent but more intense hurricanes. I don't think any of them are actually saying climate change has reached the point to affect that, or that we are anywhere near collecting data to see if that is true or not. Maybe in twenty or thirty years? A bunch more Katrinas and Sandys aren't exactly my hope, either, TN.

What some climatologists are predicting is less frequent but more intense hurricanes.

Old Lady, what such predictions always remind me of, is that the forecasters are only about 80% right for the weather of that day. They are only about 50% right (a toss up!) for the weather 48 hours from now, and they are only between 10-25% accurate on the weather for a week from now. I give them ZERO probability of guessing right what will be going on 30 or 50 YEARS from now! My grandma can do better just by judging the aches in her bones.

Try again.
In 1975 there were 7.

What some climatologists are predicting is less frequent but more intense hurricanes.

Old Lady, what such predictions always remind me of, is that the forecasters are only about 80% right for the weather of that day. They are only about 50% right (a toss up!) for the weather 48 hours from now, and they are only between 10-25% accurate on the weather for a week from now. I give them ZERO probability of guessing right what will be going on 30 or 50 YEARS from now! My grandma can do better just by judging the aches in her bones.
fair point!

Try again.
In 1975 there were 7.
Predictions. Exactly. They also predicted cali would be under water and y2k was going to cause a massive computer crash..

Al Gore was just interviewed the other day and asked about his 10 year predictions which got him a Nobel Prize. Well, those ten years have come and gone, his drastic measures were never implemented and none of his nightmare consequences have occurred:

Wallace reminded Gore that in his documentary he claimed that unless the world “took drastic measures the world would reach a point of no return within 10 years.”

Wallace added that in his publicity of the movie, Gore claimed that if the world didn’t act, man-made global warming would result in a “true planetary emergency.”

Many predictions made by scientists and other climate change alarmists like Gore have failed to come true. For example, in 2007 Gore predicted that the summer Arctic ice in the North Pole would completely disappear by 2013 due to global warming caused by carbon dioxide emissions.

That, however, never came true. The same can be said for many of Gore’s claims and that’s exactly what Wallace confronted him over.

inconvenientprize9.jpg

All the democrats seem to be good for is getting Nobel Prizes for doing shit. They give them out for talking a good globalist agenda player. Pretty much devalues the Nobel prize for all those who truly deserve it! I bet Trump could literally collapse the Kim Jong-Un regime, reopen the S. China Sea to unfettered traffic, renegotiate all of the US trade deals to boost our economy by a trillion dollars, end drug trafficking between Mexico and the USA, stop terror attacks in the U.S., bring the Middle East together in combating ISIS, Iran's nuclear ambitions and bring peace to the Palestinian / Israeli tensions and they would not even send Trump a Hallmark Thank-You card!

Last edited:
Trump could drown saving an infant from a raging river and they would make fun of him for not being able to swim

Trump could drown saving an infant from a raging river and they would make fun of him for not being able to swim

I like to say that if Trump walked on water, they would spin it as him being unable to swim. If Trump drowned saving an infant, you know all of the Left would cheer! They don't hate Trump for how he looks or anything he does, they would despise him no matter what, simply, as one person aptly put it, they don't govern from wisdom, they just want the power of control! Just when they thought they had it finally more so than ever before---- TOTAL power and control, the voters of this country told them: NO YOU DO NOT!

And that is why they hate him so, attack him every way east of Sunday and forever rail endlessly about the "popular vote;" it isn't Trump they hate so much, it is THEMSELVES------ for losing to him! They just project their hate onto him as a means of self-preservation and denial.

Last edited:

Bear, it's an average over time.
Weather Questions & Answers
Thanks, but I have a question: Why are so many of the weather reporting articles from 2014 based on 2013 data and prior? I noticed that, too, when I was looking at articles. Does it really take that long to compile data?
dunno. i just like to look up blanket statements and see how valid they may or may not be. i hear storms are getting worse and maybe they are. but i've seen horrible storms a lot through life and not just recently.

i've also seen not long ago the left and science say a mini ice age is coming. oops.

it's hard to believe someone and take them seriously when they rage to a point and then keep changing the name of it to fit another potential possibility.
Well, when it takes them three years and running to compile their data, I guess we'll all be running on "old news." You are too bright to believe that because there have been horrible storms in the past it somehow argues that climate change may bring about fewer but more intense storms. You know it is an average over years. You know that averages include minor and major storms. You KNOW that, so why are you arguing such a goof ball third grade statement from Bear?

I don't remember the mini ice age thing--I remember something about everyone getting cancer from a hole in the ozone and then we stopped selling aerosols for the most part. Predictions and the "latest" scientific theories are frequently proved wrong over time; that is true. We can't deny the climate is changing. We can't deny we are pumping much, much more C02 in the atmosphere than we were 300 years ago. We can't deny C02 increases temps on Earth. So we can reasonably deny what?
- That we can do anything about it
- How much we should pay/sacrifice/contribute toward an attempted solution

Those are the only real bones of contention I see available.

We can't deny we are pumping much, much more C02 in the atmosphere than we were 300 years ago. We can't deny C02 increases temps on Earth. So we can reasonably deny what?

Aside from the fact that the Earth has zillions of tons more CO2 than we do, Aside from the fact that obviously we are putting CO2 into the air via industrialization that simply wasn't there 150 years ago, the inarguable point is that CO2 is still a minute trace gas, still a very WEAK greenhouse gas, our output pales in comparison to what the Earth itself puts out just from natural sources like volcanos and venting from the sea floor, our output over the past 150 years is but a blink in the eye compared to the 4.5 billion year life of the planet, and during the first third of our 150 year period, our output was meager (industrialization was just getting started), and over the last third of that period, nations like the USA have developed clean technology to drastically cut back on levels!

And BTW, that "much, much more" you speak of amounts to 100 more atoms of CO2 per million atoms of air.

If anyone really wants to help the planet, forget CO2, forget carbon credits, forget the Paris Accord and concentrate on getting developing countries like China and India the technology to clean up their air of the FULL SPECTRUM of pollutants, not just CO2, for true air quality.

Last edited:

Try again.
In 1975 there were 7.

bc8c9372bac7e1e4fec01a363ba3abac.png

PROBLEM IS (speaking as a scientist):

A). The first significant deviation was noted in the 1930's. At that time, significant industrial output was too young to be accredited with causing any global weather change.

B). The sampling period is simply too short! Without looking back several hundred, even thousands or millions of years, no one can say whether any trend seen today is unusual, normal or very common. What if 1500 years ago, there was a period of hurricane activity equal to or worse than today? What then?

C). This fails to take into account the fact that the main driver of our weather isn't us, it is the SUN. One must factor in the various solar cycles if you are to have an honest accounting.

The same thing is happening for oil drilling, with the technology of slant drilling far less oil wells are needed to drill for more oil.
Yes let's drill the national monuments areas, in pristine Alaska, off the Atlantic coast and threaten a billion dollar a year tourism trade plus in all national and state parks. Let's rape all the unspoiled land in America.
Trump imbeciles thinks that's putting America first.

Pittsburgh before Paris

View attachment 130696

The Pittsburgh mayor told DT to go fuck himself. His goal is to make Pittsburgh 100% alternative energy.

He's free to waste city money on stupid ideas.
His constituents are free to vote him out when he does.

Waste money on stupid ideas. Like what?
This has been going before the mayor was elected so why would they not vote for him by saving the planet and creating more jobs.

Waste money on stupid ideas. Like what?

Like whatever "green energy" scheme that will cost millions and reduce CO2 emissions by dozens of pounds.

This has been going before the mayor was elected so why would they not vote for him by saving the planet

The mayor of Pittsburgh is going to save the planet?

They are choking to death right now.

They aren't choking on CO2.

:happy-1::happy-1::happy-1:
:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

This proves you and your buddy Todd don't know what in the world what this topic is all about.
Yes they are not choking with CO2 but the emissions are releasing to the atmosphere is dangerous to the earth. And Coal industry is one of the culprits.
China just shut down 103 of their coal plants is a good progress. At the same time they are going after their factories of air pollutants and smogs.

Yes they are not choking with CO2 but the emissions are releasing to the atmosphere is dangerous to the earth. And Coal industry is one of the culprits.

Yes, they should spend their money cleaning up their dangerous emissions and stop wasting it on CO2 reduction.
Of course, based on their non-commitments under the Paris accords, they already decided not to waste their money on CO2 reduction, eh?

China just shut down 103 of their coal plants is a good progress

They shut down 103 plants that were generating power? Are you sure?

Try again.
In 1975 there were 7.

View attachment 131244

PROBLEM IS (speaking as a scientist):

A). The first significant deviation was noted in the 1930's. At that time, significant industrial output was too young to be accredited with causing any global weather change.

B). The sampling period is simply too short! Without looking back several hundred, even thousands or millions of years, no one can say whether any trend seen today is unusual, normal or very common. What if 1500 years ago, there was a period of hurricane activity equal to or worse than today? What then?

C). This fails to take into account the fact that the main driver of our weather isn't us, it is the SUN. One must factor in the various solar cycles if you are to have an honest accounting.
The SUN???? OMG no one EVER EVER thought of that.

Scientists are evidently not as smarty as you & none ever considered solar cycles,.

My God people. Get a fucking brain,.

This proves you and your buddy Todd don't know what in the world what this topic is all about.
China just shut down 103 of their coal plants is a good progress. At the same time they are going after their factories of air pollutants and smogs.

Yes, they should spend their money cleaning up their dangerous emissions and stop wasting it on CO2 reduction.
Of course, based on their non-commitments under the Paris accords, they already decided not to waste their money on CO2 reduction, eh?

They were planned & cancelled.

Paris accord is a voluntary agreement. every country produced it's own plan for reductions. no country has ANY legal right to hold any other country to the terms.

My God, you are that fucking stupid to believe Trump wants to renegotiate it when it can't be renegotiated?

Trump & you are too God damn stupid to know the Accord was all voluntary. If Trump is going to follow through on our commitment to lower our emissions, why pull out.

You & Trump are too God damn stupid top know that the leading country responsible for the high levels that exist today.

You & Trump are too God damn stupid top know that reducing emissions globally is better than just lowering ours ( Like the orange POS wants to lower our emissions).

Trump & you are too God damn stupid to get that providing these countries the technology & equipment is business for US corporations.

You & Trump are two of the dumbest people on the planet.

If you think we need some agreement with other countries to tell us what to do and how to do it, you're the stupid one. You want America to be like that guy with a good paying job that patrons a bar. Everybody runs up to him shaking his hand, giving him a hug, knowing he will buy them drinks all night long because he has the money.

Our country is 20 trillion dollars in debt. We are broke. Do you know what the word "broke" means? Broke means no money. Broke means in debt. Broke means failure. Why you leftists would choose failure all the time is beyond any reasonable persons ability to understand.

We can't afford to spend God knows how many billions (of money we don't have) on some stupid fairy tale like MMGW. You on the left always tell us to keep our religion in our church or at home, you should do the same with your beliefs. Don't involve our country in your stupid religion. If you want to lower your idiotic carbon footprint, buy a bike and ride it everywhere you go. Buy a windmill for your backyard. Take the bus everywhere you need to go. And in a hundred years from now, you can sit back and enjoy that .02% of cooler air.

God you people are dense.

In reality nobody is telling us anything Ray. We are the leader of this world not a dumb follower.
Taking about debt------- Since when you care about debt? Trump is wasting millions just by golfing, security and travel expenses of his family.
How about those small business that lost income every time he goes to Maralago?

Again are you saying that 7 out of 10 of Americans,CEOs, Conoco, Exxon etc etc etc blasting dumb Trump are all belong to the left are dense?
You are very wrong Ray.

Did you just get to this country or what?

Policies and politics changes with mood and vote of the people. We don't want some big-eared clown making policy that we can't get out of in the future. DumBama is gone, and Trump is trying to De-Bama the country.

When we voted the last several elections, we voted for change; not just change of the players, but change in the politics as well. We gave Republicans leadership of the Congress. We gave Republicans leadership of the Senate. We recently gave Republicans the White House. Why? Because we don't want Democrat policies anymore, and Democrat policies should not continue we we vote in Republican leadership.

Signing on to this Paris Accord gives Democrats the power over our environment no matter who is in leadership in the future. Trump rightfully stopped that. If the country wants change (as we do now) then we should not be bound by some stupid agreement that stops such change.

Yes, we are the leader of the world, and our leader is saying we act independently on this issue.

How much shit has your orange hero done against popular opinion & on his own.

What is El Cheeto's polling? How many people agree with his shit?

According to you, he shoulds not do any of this shit.

Right. The difference is what Obama was signing for his cronyism vs. what Trump is signing to free up the nation again and get us moving forward!

How much shit has your orange hero done against popular opinion & on his own. What is El Cheeto's polling? How many people agree with his shit?

Apparently more than you think. Apparently more than the polls tell. Kind of like before the election! Who gives a crap what popular opinion is? The average person on the street can't even find Canada on a map and they get their "popular opinion" from hack sources like the MSM run by democrats.

Funny, last I checked, he won the presidency! He won 30 out of 50 states! He won 306 electoral college votes to Hillary's only 232. He won 200 counties that had previously voted for Obama! The only people who don't want Trump in the Whitehouse are jackass liberals like you, democrats in Washington, and the millions of illegal aliens the democrats helped to vote for Hillary. But don't you worry, voter ID, voter fraud, and the illegal alien issue are all going to get addressed, and these are the mainstay of the democratic platform!!!

Given an open, honest, fair and legal platform, the democrats would lose every time. They only win what they do by suppressing information, lying, cheating, and steering the media to heavily favor and support them.
I'm sorry. But when your orange worthless, lying pussy grabbing, business cheat, POS Trump has Kushner & Ivanka in the White House, nominated DeVos, Pruitt, Sessions, etc involved in key programs, You don't ever get to complain about cronyism again.

They were planned & cancelled.

Thanks, I noticed his error too.

That there was a hurricane in Galveston in 1900? I'm sorry that happened, but I still don't know your point. Katrina was a Cat #5.

Galveston killed over 6000 people.. How many did Katrina kill?

I don't know but in relation to the discussion here, it really doesn't matter. May they all RIP.

New Evidence That Climate Change Is Altering Hurricane Season as You Know It

The Weather Channel???! Everybody knows they are just another arm of the democratic party! Think I'm kidding? Just check what percentage of WC employees donate to and vote democrat. They are just another side-arm of the MSM, and 97% of them all donated to and voted for Hillary. Any 2nd grader can do the math and tell you that open, random chance would make that impossible unless such attitudes were being imposed either by hiring or by workplace pressure and influence. You don't just pick people off the street at random and get such numbers. Much like how conservative thinking is being suppressed in the schools. It is the only way democrats can get ahead--- by activism.

Any time you watch their shows, all they do is push the democratic-globalist climate agenda with lies and misinformation! Another snowflake liberal caught once again pushing the false news with his panties twisted around his ankles.

If you could read, you would know they did not do the study.

Forum List

Back