Trump pulling out of Paris Climate Accord

No they won't moron..because the Senate will still be run by the Republicans..
It's an Agreement, which does not require Senate approval. Careful when you call names. ;)

It's an Agreement, which does not require Senate approval.

It's an Agreement, which means Trump can withdraw unilaterally.

Correct, much to the dismay of the political illiterate. With his announcement we are out of it now. Despite the claims of some here. It is dead to the US.
Nah, not at all. You are again showing your ignorance on important matters.

Yes we are, we were never bound by it because it was never ratified by 2/3 of the Senate.

Why let the actual law get in the way of a good scam.........?

I'm super busy this afternoon, so I haven't got time to argue, but I'm gonna say this:
ADMIT that even if it were ratified or kissed by the SC or whatever, you STILL would hate it because you don't think it will have any effect. So don't ramble on about the legalities of a VOLUNTARY agreement which as far as I know is not the same thing as a TREATY, but I could be wrong and it doesn't matter because you wouldn't care anyway YOU WOULD STILL BE SAYING IT WAS WRONG HEADED and STUPID.
It is humiliating to be in the basket with Syria and Nicaragua while most of the educated world (and even a lot of the world that isn't very educated) recognize that if we're going to keep this planet anywhere near stable and livable in the foreseeable future, we need to use as much knowledge and foresight and brains as we can muster to do that.
Trump can revise our involvement if he doesn't want to pay big bucks. But he should still participate. We will see. I think it is money well spent, but that's not up to me to say.
And one more thing, if you don't quit with that hack insult "enveloping yourself in emotion and partisan talking points" I'm gonna actually get emotional. I don't do partisan talking points and you know it. Aping that shit like .... well never mind, just don't.
FOR ONCE EXPLAIN TO ME HOW IT WOULD HELP. TELL ME WHAT THIS DOES TO HELP OUR ENVIRONMENT
CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?
It will slow global warming which will slow the negative effects of global climate change which are already being observed and measured in many ways you are already aware of. And you don't need to shout. I remembered my hearing aids. But you already know that, so why are you asking?
How will it slow "global warming?" I guess you mean man made c02 going in the atmosphere? Since we contribute less than 5% or whatever, how is this distribution plan going to amount to a hill of beans?
People are more worried about "climate change" because that is real and their is actual PROOF of its existence. But you cant stop it. Its natural earth evolution. Like how a gash scabs over on the human body. With climate change, all you can do is prepare.
If we are so worried about our planet, why don't we focus on things we CAN change? Things that ACTUALLY effect people?
"global warming" isn't science. Its partisan talking points.
Here is actual SCIENCE. He even brings up the holes in it that people like to fill with "human made" like people used a god back when they didn't understand things. Like thunder.
How Much of Atmospheric CO2 Increase is Natural? « Roy Spencer, PhD
That's better.
I heard we contribute 18%. Global warming is caused by additional (not natural) C02 in the atmosphere. This is causing climate change. No reason why we can't pick up litter and clean up the oceans at the same time we reduce our impact on the environment.
global warming is a theory that is based on models. Pseudo science, if you will.
ALL co2 effects the planet. Where are you getting this crap?
How do you think the climate has been changing for 4 billion years+? :dunno:
I'm getting the info from the same places that every country in the world got it from when agreeing to the Paris Accords, and the same places that 97% of scientists are getting it from.
That can be revised. No country HAS to pay out $100 billion. But if we want to jump on the new technology and get rich--sure, let's give the world $100 billion in energy technology. Good for them, good for us.

And Germany is leading the way.

"Germany's Energy Poverty
How Electricity Became a Luxury Good
Germany's agressive and reckless expansion of wind and solar power has come with a hefty pricetag for consumers, and the costs often fall disproportionately on the poor...."

High Costs and Errors of German Transition to Renewable Energy - SPIEGEL ONLINE
Really informative article, DOTR. I hope when the energy transfer in this country actually begins in earnest that we will take advantage of the learning experiences other countries have had. Even in the article, it mentions Sweden as having approached it in a less fractured and expensive way:
The experts propose changing the system to resemble a model long successful in Sweden. If implemented, it would eliminate the more than 4,000 different subsidies currently in place. Instead of bureaucrats setting green energy prices, they would be allowed to develop indepedently on a separate market. The report's authors believe the Swedish model would lead to faster and cheaper implementation of renewable energy, and that the system would also become what it is not today: socially just.

There's nothing fun or painless about switching from fossil fuels to wind and solar (and hydroelectric---why not?). It has burrowed into our infrastructure and economy like an invasive tumor. Or my poppies that keep miraculously reappearing after I have dug to China to remove the roots. I get that. People will lose jobs and then will get re-hired in the clean tech industries. It's disruptive, painful, probably expensive, at least for awhile, just like cancer. But it has to be done. I guess ignoring that for another four years isn't the end of the world, but we've got to face it someday.

The US is not into the damn building process anymore.. It messes with migration habbits of the gold fish swimming up stream

and hydroelectric---why not
Fish ladders. We've got 'em and we use 'em.

FOR ONCE EXPLAIN TO ME HOW IT WOULD HELP. TELL ME WHAT THIS DOES TO HELP OUR ENVIRONMENT
CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?
It will slow global warming which will slow the negative effects of global climate change which are already being observed and measured in many ways you are already aware of. And you don't need to shout. I remembered my hearing aids. But you already know that, so why are you asking?
How will it slow "global warming?" I guess you mean man made c02 going in the atmosphere? Since we contribute less than 5% or whatever, how is this distribution plan going to amount to a hill of beans?
People are more worried about "climate change" because that is real and their is actual PROOF of its existence. But you cant stop it. Its natural earth evolution. Like how a gash scabs over on the human body. With climate change, all you can do is prepare.
If we are so worried about our planet, why don't we focus on things we CAN change? Things that ACTUALLY effect people?
Here is actual SCIENCE. He even brings up the holes in it that people like to fill with "human made" like people used a god back when they didn't understand things. Like thunder.
That's better.
I heard we contribute 18%. Global warming is caused by additional (not natural) C02 in the atmosphere. This is causing climate change. No reason why we can't pick up litter and clean up the oceans at the same time we reduce our impact on the environment.
global warming is a theory that is based on models. Pseudo science, if you will.
I'm getting the info from the same places that every country in the world got it from when agreeing to the Paris Accords, and the same places that 97% of scientists are getting it from.
That can be revised. No country HAS to pay out $100 billion. But if we want to jump on the new technology and get rich--sure, let's give the world $100 billion in energy technology. Good for them, good for us.

Germany's agressive and reckless expansion of wind and solar power has come with a hefty pricetag for consumers, and the costs often fall disproportionately on the poor...."

Really informative article, DOTR. I hope when the energy transfer in this country actually begins in earnest that we will take advantage of the learning experiences other countries have had. Even in the article, it mentions Sweden as having approached it in a less fractured and expensive way:
The experts propose changing the system to resemble a model long successful in Sweden. If implemented, it would eliminate the more than 4,000 different subsidies currently in place. Instead of bureaucrats setting green energy prices, they would be allowed to develop indepedently on a separate market. The report's authors believe the Swedish model would lead to faster and cheaper implementation of renewable energy, and that the system would also become what it is not today: socially just.

There's nothing fun or painless about switching from fossil fuels to wind and solar (and hydroelectric---why not?). It has burrowed into our infrastructure and economy like an invasive tumor. Or my poppies that keep miraculously reappearing after I have dug to China to remove the roots. I get that. People will lose jobs and then will get re-hired in the clean tech industries. It's disruptive, painful, probably expensive, at least for awhile, just like cancer. But it has to be done. I guess ignoring that for another four years isn't the end of the world, but we've got to face it someday.

The US is not into the damn building process anymore.. It messes with migration habbits of the gold fish swimming up stream

you said global warming is caused by human c02 only. That's the craziest thing I ever heard. And that is even ignoring that global warming isn't science.

Wait a minute. WTF do we need other countries to do what we want WITH OUR environment? What do we need their permission or blessing for? If we want to do something, we voters will decide; not France, not Italy, not Germany, not Poland. We decide what we wish to do with our country.

Trump elected to not work with other people to tell us what do do or how much to spend. That's up to us and nobody else. DumBama was a surrender-first liberal like most, but we Republicans don't believe in surrendering our country to anybody.
Incase you didn't get the memo, we share the environment with the whole world. If China pollutes we breath it... if emissions have an effect on the climate then we all are affected. Thats how our ecosystem works. Come on Ray, you can't be this dense, I know you know these things.
In case you didn't get the memo, climate change is a con and a swindle. If you want to do something about pollution in China, then do it. Don't expect the USA to follow the climate change lemmings over the cliff.
I'm seeing all these politicians and analysts from the Right talking about the climate situation and I haven't hear one say it's a hoax. They all acknowledge what science has reported. Only wingnuts like you deny it.

Man made global warming is a hoax.........they say the climate changes...which it does.......science can't predict the local weather a few days out...and yet you want us to believe they can predict the climate 80 years from now....?
The prediction models are not very accurate but there is concensus from the majority from the left and right that mans actions do have an effect. The severity of that effect is still being studied. I'd compare it to the cigarette/cancer situation
"Consensus" is not science. It's bullshit politics. The minute you start blabbering about "consensus" you unmask yourself as a con artist.

Fuck Cheetolini, the rest of the world will progress without his orangeness.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/02/us/california-today-paris-accord-reaction.html

“There are more #cleanenergy jobs in California than there are coal mining jobs in entire nation. And it will stay that way.”

— Kevin de León, Democratic leader of the State Senate, on Twitter

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/02/us/california-today-paris-accord-reaction.html

“There are more #cleanenergy jobs in California than there are coal mining jobs in entire nation. And it will stay that way.”

Not if we stop subsidies them they are not

What diplomacy? He has every right to do what he did. Just because the Commie before him wanted other countries to tell us how to run ours, doesn't mean he has to agree with it because of DumBama. We don't owe anybody anything---get it?
I never claimed that he did anything illegal, of course he has the right to do it. I just think when you have a coalition of nations all coming together to work on environmental issues, it is very short sighted and borderline stupid to say, i'm gonna take my toys and go home... especially when we are supposed to be a world leader. It is petty and small. I'm fine with renegotiating the deal and working on ways to improve it, but just like the "repeal/replace" BS it seems like these partisans are more concerned with ruining Obamas legacy than working on actually common sense ways to make our world better in a unifying way.

Wait a minute. WTF do we need other countries to do what we want WITH OUR environment? What do we need their permission or blessing for? If we want to do something, we voters will decide; not France, not Italy, not Germany, not Poland. We decide what we wish to do with our country.

Trump elected to not work with other people to tell us what do do or how much to spend. That's up to us and nobody else. DumBama was a surrender-first liberal like most, but we Republicans don't believe in surrendering our country to anybody.
Incase you didn't get the memo, we share the environment with the whole world. If China pollutes we breath it... if emissions have an effect on the climate then we all are affected. Thats how our ecosystem works. Come on Ray, you can't be this dense, I know you know these things.
so why aren't you bothered that they don't have to reduce their footprint? see, that's the piece that just doesn't fit your rage. Explain for us all.
I am bothered by that. I don't think this climat agreement was perfect and I'm fine with trying to renegotiate. Packing up and saying we are out was a careless approach and now sets the example for other countries to snub it as well. It's only gonna make the environmental concerns on a global scale get worse. Poor leadership IMO

Good. I hope they all snub it. We were either in or we were out. If we agreed to it, then what motive do any of the globalist douche bags have to change it?

That's better.

you said global warming is caused by human c02 only. That's the craziest thing I ever heard. And that is even ignoring that global warming isn't science.

Fish ladders ? Sounds to me she is confused now ...one tree hugger against another...

Stop "subsidizing" who?

California is a donor state.

In case you didn't get the memo, climate change is a con and a swindle. If you want to do something about pollution in China, then do it. Don't expect the USA to follow the climate change lemmings over the cliff.
I'm seeing all these politicians and analysts from the Right talking about the climate situation and I haven't hear one say it's a hoax. They all acknowledge what science has reported. Only wingnuts like you deny it.

Man made global warming is a hoax.........they say the climate changes...which it does.......science can't predict the local weather a few days out...and yet you want us to believe they can predict the climate 80 years from now....?
The prediction models are not very accurate but there is concensus from the majority from the left and right that mans actions do have an effect. The severity of that effect is still being studied. I'd compare it to the cigarette/cancer situation

No...not even close........this has been a money play from the beginning........
Yeah I've heard that talking point for years. It's old and stale

That's better.

you said global warming is caused by human c02 only.
Why in hell would I say that? That's not true. Find a decent argument or keep quiet.

What diplomacy? He has every right to do what he did. Just because the Commie before him wanted other countries to tell us how to run ours, doesn't mean he has to agree with it because of DumBama. We don't owe anybody anything---get it?
I never claimed that he did anything illegal, of course he has the right to do it. I just think when you have a coalition of nations all coming together to work on environmental issues, it is very short sighted and borderline stupid to say, i'm gonna take my toys and go home... especially when we are supposed to be a world leader. It is petty and small. I'm fine with renegotiating the deal and working on ways to improve it, but just like the "repeal/replace" BS it seems like these partisans are more concerned with ruining Obamas legacy than working on actually common sense ways to make our world better in a unifying way.

so why aren't you bothered that they don't have to reduce their footprint? see, that's the piece that just doesn't fit your rage. Explain for us all.
I am bothered by that. I don't think this climat agreement was perfect and I'm fine with trying to renegotiate. Packing up and saying we are out was a careless approach and now sets the example for other countries to snub it as well. It's only gonna make the environmental concerns on a global scale get worse. Poor leadership IMO
The best legal approach is to cut all ties with failed policy.. Otherwise the leaches will attempt to get their "cut" in an ongoing basis..

No...not even close........this has been a money play from the beginning........

It's true, however.

"Consensus" is not science. It's bullshit politics. The minute you start blabbering about "consensus" you unmask yourself as a con artist.
It's simply means many many more people agree with that opinion than do yours

It is true and accurate......billions of dollars from the U.S is supposed to be given to India, China, Russia and every other country.......and those countries can still do what ever they want because their is no way to make them do anything the treaty says they have to do....

And to you that makes perfect sense........? And this is why nutters like you can't be allowed to be in charge of anything.....

That's better.

Fish ladders ? Sounds to me she is confused now ...one tree hugger against another...

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pool-and-weir fish ladder at Bonneville Dam on the Columbia River
A fish ladder, also known as a fishway, fish pass or fish steps, is a structure on or around artificial and natural barriers (such as dams, locks and waterfalls) to facilitate diadromous fishes' natural migration.[1] Most fishways enable fish to pass around the barriers by swimming and leaping up a series of relatively low steps (hence the term ladder) into the waters on the other side.

Allows dams etc. while letting the fish get around them.

It's simply means many many more people agree with that opinion than do yours

And many people allowed the Germans to murder 6 million Jews.........the same types pushing this stupidity....and even more still think communism, which is responsible for the deaths of 100 million innocent men, women and children, just hasn't been given the right chance.......

So please.....the left wing nutters in Europe and around the world have nothing to teach us....

It is true and accurate......billions of dollars from the U.S is supposed to be given to India, China, Russia and every other country.......and those countries can still do what ever they want because their is no way to make them do anything the treaty says they have to do....

And to you that makes perfect sense........? And this is why nutters like you can't be allowed to be in charge of anything.....
No it doesn't make sense to me... please explain how many billions of dollars were we supposed to give to China? And for doing what?

Stop "subsidizing" who?

California is a donor state.
A donor state? Your ass it is.. its a donate too state as welfare and social programs are 10x the average...

No they won't moron..because the Senate will still be run by the Republicans..
It's an Agreement, which does not require Senate approval. Careful when you call names. ;)

It's an Agreement, which does not require Senate approval.

It's an Agreement, which means Trump can withdraw unilaterally.

Correct, much to the dismay of the political illiterate. With his announcement we are out of it now. Despite the claims of some here. It is dead to the US.
Nah, not at all. You are again showing your ignorance on important matters.

Yes we are, we were never bound by it because it was never ratified by 2/3 of the Senate.

That's beyond his ability to understand.

Forum List

Back