Trump Pushes Payroll Tax Cut Because He's Awesome President

well technically the federal tax withheld is a payroll tax. so technically he wasn't. Again, you're creating an issue due to semantics.

I'm wondering if the president can change the percentages to the SS or Medicare taxes either. so he is misrepresenting what he's talking about, or implying the federal tax withholding.

well technically the federal tax withheld is a payroll tax.

If you're confused about the difference between "payroll tax" and "federal income tax", I can't help you.

View attachment 311974

It's only at the top of the form.

Again, you're creating an issue due to semantics.

semantics:
  • the meaning of a word, phrase, sentence, or text.
You're right, the issue is the difference between the meaning of payroll tax and income tax.

He's confused. I merely pointed out his confusion.

Help the guy out.
upload_2020-3-12_10-22-56-png.311974

and yet his reference aligned with the same document you posted. so perhaps he wasn't. just saying.

He referenced changing his payroll tax withheld, not his income tax withheld.

You see payroll tax anywhere on the W-4?
Or is he referring to payroll tax paid by the employer only. Employers match social security and medicare.
But the dumbass needs to focus on controlling and eliminating the COVID-19 over the economy, first. He is out of his capabilities in dealing with a health crisis. He will not admit it. He wants to bully and lie the COVID-19 virus away and it will not work.
LOL, wtf are you saying? Out of his capabilities? So for you halting flights from the infected region from coming into the US on Jan 31 wasn't strategic at all? quarantining all who did come back wasn't smart either? wow. I'd say you got the virus and it affected your brain instead of your lungs.
Those moves were good and intended to keep the virus out of the US but they did not work. Now that it is in the US and spreading like wildfire he would rather act like it is not a big deal and he is wishing it away. Thank goodness the scientists and doctors are forcing him to deal with the reality.
You are an idiot if you do not realize that.

If you're confused about the difference between "payroll tax" and "federal income tax", I can't help you.

View attachment 311974

semantics:
You're right, the issue is the difference between the meaning of payroll tax and income tax.

Help the guy out.

and yet his reference aligned with the same document you posted. so perhaps he wasn't. just saying.

Or is he referring to payroll tax paid by the employer only. Employers match social security and medicare.
But the dumbass needs to focus on controlling and eliminating the COVID-19 over the economy, first. He is out of his capabilities in dealing with a health crisis. He will not admit it. He wants to bully and lie the COVID-19 virus away and it will not work.
LOL, wtf are you saying? Out of his capabilities? So for you halting flights from the infected region from coming into the US on Jan 31 wasn't strategic at all? quarantining all who did come back wasn't smart either? wow. I'd say you got the virus and it affected your brain instead of your lungs.
Those moves were good and intended to keep the virus out of the US but they did not work. Now that it is in the US and spreading like wildfire he would rather act like it is not a big deal and he is wishing it away. Thank goodness the scientists and doctors are forcing him to deal with the reality.
keep out of the US? they let the planes land and quarantined the passengers. Trump let known affected patients off the cruise ship in Japan, in our country under quarantine. Now tell me how that leak was trump's fault. BTW, I'm waiting for you to spit the whole CDC funding out anytime soon, which you should know by now didn't happen. just saying. then it took one month for the Italy piece to hit the world news. and some came here from there ahead of any knowledge of it. It's amazing for as smart asses as you leftists always tell us you are, you can't add two plus two and get four. wow.

again he meant income tax withholding,

Again, in a thread with payroll tax in the title, he said payroll tax.

View attachment 311789

He was wrong. He can't.

any person with a bit of integrity would just acknowledge that and move on.

If he wants to admit he misspoke.....no one is stopping him.

View attachment 311790

Also funny that he thinks he'll have to pay back the reduction...….on April 15th.
well technically the federal tax withheld is a payroll tax. so technically he wasn't. Again, you're creating an issue due to semantics.

I'm wondering if the president can change the percentages to the SS or Medicare taxes either. so he is misrepresenting what he's talking about, or implying the federal tax withholding.

View attachment 311974

semantics:

Help the guy out.

he said by changing the exemptions. the only tax one can change is the one with that form. that's it. perhaps you merely ignored that part of his post. not sure.

he said by changing the exemptions.

Yes, his error was saying he could change his payroll tax withheld by changing his exemptions.

He was wrong. He can't change his payroll tax withheld.

View attachment 311974

semantics:

Help the guy out.

he said by changing the exemptions. the only tax one can change is the one with that form. that's it. perhaps you merely ignored that part of his post. not sure.

Yes, his error was saying he could change his payroll tax withheld by changing his exemptions.

again, federal income tax is a payroll tax. yes he can. too funny.

View attachment 311974

semantics:

Help the guy out.

If he wants to admit he meant income tax, not payroll tax...…..

Why do you care about his error? Is he related?

his terminology while a bit off, was saved when he stated exemptions. There is only one tax that can be controlled in a paycheck and that is federal income taxes. that's it. he stated it. whatever the initial wording was was corrected with that statement without having to state income tax. You said it yourself. And you were unreasonable. And as such I got in. It's who I am.

his terminology while a bit off, was saved when he stated exemptions. There is only one tax that can be controlled in a paycheck and that is federal income taxes. that's it. he stated it. whatever the initial wording was was corrected with that statement without having to state income tax. You said it yourself. And you were unreasonable. And as such I got in. It's who I am.

his terminology while a bit off

It was wrong.

There is only one tax that can be controlled in a paycheck and that is federal income taxes.

That's why when he said payroll tax, not income tax, he was wrong.
You can also change state income tax withholding.

It was wrong.

There is only one tax that can be controlled in a paycheck and that is federal income taxes.

too funny. yep, fk that whole exemption statement. way to go.

My controller said this payroll tax cut would only benefit the employer. WTF? Didn't Trump already give the rich and the corporations enough tax breaks? Is he trying to bankrupt the government?

Your "controller". You must be talking about your TV remote.

Did the payroll tax cut during the failed administration of President Obama benefit the employers only?

Payroll taxes are split in two parts. That which is paid by the employer and what is paid by the employee. Actually, it is all paid by the employee but that's a different thread.

So if the employee side is reduced from six percent to say two percent, specifically how does that benefit the employer?

Ahah! Just as I suspected

• Efforts to stimulate the economy could include a big payroll tax cut to help stimulate spending.
  • Such a move could hurt the programs that rely on those taxes for funding, such as Social Security and Medicare.
  • Plus, because the pullback in consumer spending is related to health concerns, not financial worries, it might not result in increased spending, experts say.
And by the way fuck face, you don't know the details of Trump's plan either.

Full details on how the Trump administration could implement a payroll tax cut are still not known.

Those contributions help to keep both programs going, and their trust funds already face shortages. The Medicare Part A trust fund is projected to run out of money in 2026.

So you know what this means? It means this is a terrible fucking idea unless you are admitting that I was right about Republicans wanting to kill ss and medicare? And if Trump wins a second term he will cut your social security 20%?

Were you railing against President Obama when he cut the same taxes?

Did President Obama cut Social Security 20%? Of course not and no one else will either. Especially when it comes to current recipients. Quit your hair on fire wild lies. You just help make yourself look even more ignorant.
No different timing you stupid con.

Bullshit. If Trump wins a second term social security will be cut drastically.

If Trump wins a second term social security will be cut drastically.

How?
They will say the program is bankrupt, because they bankrupted it, and in order to save the programs, they need to cut everyones 20%. So you'll get 20% less than what you should have when you retire, for the rest of your life. A very big cut that is necessary to pay for Trump's tax breaks. And Bush's. Eventually we are going to go bankrupt. Just depends when they want to do it. Who are they? You know who they are. The Deep State.

And I forgot to add when it happens you will defend the move and you will blame Democrats. That's not a prediction that's a spoiler.

It was wrong.

Any statement he made about changing his payroll tax withheld was wrong.
You can't change it by changing your exemptions.
You can't change it any other way either.
Your payroll tax withheld is 6.2% of income, up to $137,700 for Social Security and 1.45% of all income for Medicare.
For self-employed, double the rates withheld.

Your "controller". You must be talking about your TV remote.

Did the payroll tax cut during the failed administration of President Obama benefit the employers only?

Payroll taxes are split in two parts. That which is paid by the employer and what is paid by the employee. Actually, it is all paid by the employee but that's a different thread.

So if the employee side is reduced from six percent to say two percent, specifically how does that benefit the employer?

• Efforts to stimulate the economy could include a big payroll tax cut to help stimulate spending.
  • Such a move could hurt the programs that rely on those taxes for funding, such as Social Security and Medicare.
  • Plus, because the pullback in consumer spending is related to health concerns, not financial worries, it might not result in increased spending, experts say.

Full details on how the Trump administration could implement a payroll tax cut are still not known.

Those contributions help to keep both programs going, and their trust funds already face shortages. The Medicare Part A trust fund is projected to run out of money in 2026.

So you know what this means? It means this is a terrible fucking idea unless you are admitting that I was right about Republicans wanting to kill ss and medicare? And if Trump wins a second term he will cut your social security 20%?

Did President Obama cut Social Security 20%? Of course not and no one else will either. Especially when it comes to current recipients. Quit your hair on fire wild lies. You just help make yourself look even more ignorant.

How?
They will say the program is bankrupt, because they bankrupted it, and in order to save the programs, they need to cut everyones 20%. So you'll get 20% less than what you should have when you retire, for the rest of your life. A very big cut that is necessary to pay for Trump's tax breaks. And Bush's. Eventually we are going to go bankrupt. Just depends when they want to do it. Who are they? You know who they are. The Deep State.

And I forgot to add when it happens you will defend the move and you will blame Democrats. That's not a prediction that's a spoiler.

They will say the program is bankrupt, because they bankrupted it, and in order to save the programs, they need to cut everyones 20%

They can't just say it. They can't just cut it.

So how will they cut it?

So you'll get 20% less than what you should have when you retire

In 2030, or so, payouts are expected to drop around 30% already.

How?

They will say the program is bankrupt, because they bankrupted it, and in order to save the programs, they need to cut everyones 20%

So how will they cut it?

Oh they will do it and you, excuse me, we, will bend over and take it.

How?

So how will they cut it?

Oh they will do it

How? Be more specific.

It was wrong.

Any statement he made about changing his payroll tax withheld was wrong.
You can't change it by changing your exemptions.
You can't change it any other way either.
Your payroll tax withheld is 6.2% of income, up to $137,700 for Social Security and 1.45% of all income for Medicare.
For self-employed, double the rates withheld.
But you can change your federal income taxes, which is a payroll tax, and what the exemptions go against. dude, semantics wow.

How?

So how will they cut it?

Oh they will do it

How? Be more specific.
Could I tell you exactly how they would use 9-11 to lie us into Iraq? Could I have told you exactly how they would steal 2000 or 2004? They stole them each in different states and different ways. Could I have told you how the bankers would cause the crash then have us give them trillions of dollars to bail them out? Because they/Bush deregulated them so they didn't have to keep as much cash on hand as they should because he wanted them to use it to spin the economy. Was that on purpose? I believe it was. Just on Bush's way out too. Could I have told you exactly the way they would break unions and send all those high paying jobs overseas?

The point is, we have been telling you all these years how they are purposely bankrupting the fund and one day will be "forced" to make major cuts.

Same way they just gave billionaires tax breaks instead of rebuilding our crumbling infrastructure.

How do they get away with all these things? I don't know. You seemed to bend over and take it every time in fact you blamed Democrats for it all. Remember Bill Clinton signed NAFTA? Never mind you guys invented the thing.

If you don't know it already cuts to social programs means tax breaks to rich people and corporations. And you know Republicans hate these social programs. Hell Bush GW tried to privatize social security and medicare. Don't act like you haven't tried in the past. If Trump's on his way out he won't mind cutting the programs 20%

As you may have heard, Social Security, the nation's most storied social program, is in a bit of a bind. Despite the fact that Social Security can't go bankrupt (which is a testament to how the program generates income), the 2019 report from the Social Security Board of Trustees estimates that the program is facing a $13.9 trillion cash shortfall between 2035 and 2093. If nothing is done to correct this widening funding gap, then-current retirees and future generations of retired workers can expect a reduction to their payouts of up to 23%.

Trump's 6 Words Have Social Security Beneficiaries Terrified | The Motley Fool

How?

So how will they cut it?

Oh they will do it

How? Be more specific.

This explains it

Who's Ready to Kiss Up to 23% of Their Social Security Benefit Goodbye? | The Motley Fool

Considering that the average retired worker was taking home $1,467.17 a month as of March 2019, a 23% benefit cut would reduce this payout to $1,129.72 a month

So, the next time we are in a recession and republicans are looking for ways to cut government spending, and they decide to cut benefits 23%, in a major recession, will you say a fucking word? Be honest. You know you would defend the decision. That is if you don't need it yourself. If you do then you'll still take it but you'll blame Clinton or Obama or President Biden.

keep out of the US? they let the planes land and quarantined the passengers. Trump let known affected patients off the cruise ship in Japan, in our country under quarantine. Now tell me how that leak was trump's fault. BTW, I'm waiting for you to spit the whole CDC funding out anytime soon, which you should know by now didn't happen. just saying. then it took one month for the Italy piece to hit the world news. and some came here from there ahead of any knowledge of it. It's amazing for as smart asses as you leftists always tell us you are, you can't add two plus two and get four. wow.
It is not Trump's fault but it is in the US,but he is the President and has to deal with it. He has tried to downplay it, say it is no big deal, a hoax of the left. Is normal tactics of bullying and lying. It did not work. See where we are now.
He needs to get his sorry ass out of the way and let the scientists and doctors take the lead on communicating to the US public the truth about the virus and develop what needs to be done.
He looked like a deer in the headlights, last night.

It is not Trump's fault but it is in the US,but he is the President and has to deal with it. He has tried to downplay it, say it is no big deal, a hoax of the left. Is normal tactics of bullying and lying. It did not work. See where we are now.
He needs to get his sorry ass out of the way and let the scientists and doctors take the lead on communicating to the US public the truth about the virus and develop what needs to be done.
dude, 313 million people live in the US, and only 1500 have been recognized as having it. that is .000479% of the population, and 5.1 % of the population have gotten the flu. And you don't see the issue.

dude, 313 million people live in the US, and only 1500 have been recognized as having it. that is .000479% of the population, and 5.1 % of the population have gotten the flu. And you don't see the issue.
out of 5000 that have been tested....

if we don't test, then the count will stay low and we just won't know.... who does that politically benefit?

I sure as sh8t hope that is not what is holding up the testing and is simply a wacko thought of mine.....! :eek:

Forum List

Back