Trump Pushes Payroll Tax Cut Because He's Awesome President

pages and pages of confusion

by the same sorts who howl 1/2 of Americas don't pay taxes

donald-j-trump-realdonaldtrump-half-of-americans-dont-pay-income-55742756.png

do you folks not realized when you're being scammed?

christ on a cracker, i've got smarter farm animals

~S~

My controller said this payroll tax cut would only benefit the employer. WTF? Didn't Trump already give the rich and the corporations enough tax breaks? Is he trying to bankrupt the government?

Your "controller". You must be talking about your TV remote.

Did the payroll tax cut during the failed administration of President Obama benefit the employers only?

Payroll taxes are split in two parts. That which is paid by the employer and what is paid by the employee. Actually, it is all paid by the employee but that's a different thread.

So if the employee side is reduced from six percent to say two percent, specifically how does that benefit the employer?

Leave it to liberal media to complain about a tax cut for working class folks. This is how Trump won over Rust Belt Democrats. Fucking Democrats out of touch with reality.
Trump pushes payroll tax cut and assistance for hourly workers in coronavirus economic response - CNNPolitics

My controller said this payroll tax cut would only benefit the employer. WTF? Didn't Trump already give the rich and the corporations enough tax breaks? Is he trying to bankrupt the government?

He's trying to bankrupt Social Security and Medicare. Payroll taxes are targeted to funding those programs. What could possibly go wrong when those are deprived of revenue for 9 months?
And Republicans won't fault him down the road. They'll blame Carter Clinton and Obama.

Did the payroll tax cut during the failed administration of President Obama benefit the employers only?

Payroll taxes are split in two parts. That which is paid by the employer and what is paid by the employee. Actually, it is all paid by the employee but that's a different thread.

So if the employee side is reduced from six percent to say two percent, specifically how does that benefit the employer?
Ok, my controller says she had only heard Trump was going to cut the employer side. She's said she could be wrong.

But I bet she isn't. I bet this idea is simply to help the employer. And honestly, how does it help?

P.S. I remember Obama was in a recession and he was finding ways to get employers who weren't hiring to hire by giving them a break on payroll taxes. In fact I got hired at a company because of that tax break Obama gave to employers. It made sense then. Why do it now when we're at zero unemployment? What will it do?

Paying American Workers a living wage WILL NOT destroy our economy.

$15.00 an hour would mean nothing in New York City, LA. or Washington DC. In Montgomery, AL, Gainesville, FL, or thousands of other small towns and cities across the nation it would be devastating.

Why do you not believe that whether or not someone earns a "living wage" is the result of personal choices?

How much is a living wage?

If the least qualified, least employable person is earning your mythical "living wage", what happens to the wages of everyone who had been earning that amount, or more, after the "living wage" is GIVEN to the least employable?
they don't get that all other salaries increase at the same amount, then the cost of the product goes up and then, that living wage is no longer a living wage once the salaries all catch up to that adjustment, and guess what, if they increase that lowest wage again, the cycle repeats. they are the stupidest group of humans alive a leftist fk.

Ahah! Just as I suspected

• Efforts to stimulate the economy could include a big payroll tax cut to help stimulate spending.
  • Such a move could hurt the programs that rely on those taxes for funding, such as Social Security and Medicare.
  • Plus, because the pullback in consumer spending is related to health concerns, not financial worries, it might not result in increased spending, experts say.
And by the way fuck face, you don't know the details of Trump's plan either.

Full details on how the Trump administration could implement a payroll tax cut are still not known.

Those contributions help to keep both programs going, and their trust funds already face shortages. The Medicare Part A trust fund is projected to run out of money in 2026.

So you know what this means? It means this is a terrible fucking idea unless you are admitting that I was right about Republicans wanting to kill ss and medicare? And if Trump wins a second term he will cut your social security 20%?

That dude was spot on, it's called a W4 form

Nope. The dude is an idiot.
You cannot change your payroll tax (Social Security and Medicare) withholding on your W4.

You can change your INCOME TAX withholding all day long.
well I believe he was referring to that. Exemptions, he noted, are off the W4 which is income tax. he was right.

well I believe he was referring to that.

He may have meant INCOME tax, but he said PAYROLL tax.

View attachment 311742

Trump Pushes Payroll Tax Cut Because He's Awesome President

Exemptions, he noted, are off the W4 which is income tax.

Exemptions don't change your payroll tax.
there is this.

Withholding Exemptions - Personal Exemptions - Form W-4 | Internal Revenue Service

Withholding Exemptions
The amount of wages subject to graduated withholding may be reduced by the personal exemption amount. The personal exemptions allowed in figuring wages subject to graduated withholding are the same as those discussed under Figuring Your Tax, except that an employee must claim them on Form W-4, Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate. Refer to Publication 505, Tax Withholding and Estimated Tax, for the current personal exemption amount.

Why are you showing me that income tax withholding can be changed on my W-4?

Help out Winco by proving his claim that payroll tax withholding can be changed.
again he meant income tax withholding, he used the exemption change to do it. be an ass all you want, all you're doing is behaving as an ass. It's what he meant. any person with a bit of integrity would just acknowledge that and move on. I was pointing out what I felt he meant. you want to stay and ass, have at it.

again he meant income tax withholding,

Again, in a thread with payroll tax in the title, he said payroll tax.

upload_2020-3-11_15-30-8.png

He was wrong. He can't.

any person with a bit of integrity would just acknowledge that and move on.

If he wants to admit he misspoke.....no one is stopping him.

upload_2020-3-11_15-31-59.png

Also funny that he thinks he'll have to pay back the reduction...….on April 15th.

Question: will it be a tax cut? Why do I get the feeling that people will be all happy because they are not paying any taxes and the when they file their taxes next year, they'll be hit with a massive tax bill?

He's trying to bankrupt Social Security and Medicare. Payroll taxes are targeted to funding those programs. What could possibly go wrong when those are deprived of revenue for 9 months?

Who is going to be deprived of revenue for 9 months?

Specifically, who was deprived of revenue when President Obama cut payroll taxes for a year?

Ahah! Just as I suspected

• Efforts to stimulate the economy could include a big payroll tax cut to help stimulate spending.
  • Such a move could hurt the programs that rely on those taxes for funding, such as Social Security and Medicare.
  • Plus, because the pullback in consumer spending is related to health concerns, not financial worries, it might not result in increased spending, experts say.
And by the way fuck face, you don't know the details of Trump's plan either.

Full details on how the Trump administration could implement a payroll tax cut are still not known.

Those contributions help to keep both programs going, and their trust funds already face shortages. The Medicare Part A trust fund is projected to run out of money in 2026.

So you know what this means? It means this is a terrible fucking idea unless you are admitting that I was right about Republicans wanting to kill ss and medicare? And if Trump wins a second term he will cut your social security 20%?

Were you railing against President Obama when he cut the same taxes?

Did President Obama cut Social Security 20%? Of course not and no one else will either. Especially when it comes to current recipients. Quit your hair on fire wild lies. You just help make yourself look even more ignorant.

Last edited:
Question: will it be a tax cut? Why do I get the feeling that people will be all happy because they are not paying any taxes and the when they file their taxes next year, they'll be hit with a massive tax bill?

Were taxpayers faced with a massive tax bill when they filed their tax returns?

Leave it to liberal media to complain about a tax cut for working class folks. This is how Trump won over Rust Belt Democrats. Fucking Democrats out of touch with reality.
Trump pushes payroll tax cut and assistance for hourly workers in coronavirus economic response - CNNPolitics

Trump wants to give a shortfall to Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security, a plan which would become a greater burden on the budgets, and thus give the RW an argument to privatize these programs. It is dishonest, it gives corporations and business more revenue that will not be passed on to the working people.

The same crap that the lame duck Republican H. of Rep. under Ryan passed the tax fraud, which benefited corporations with 2/3 of the tax cut, and who didn't pass it on to their workers, but used it to buy back stocks, donate to the R Party and enrich the Senior Officers.

Stupid people believe this post is "funny"

It is beyond funny, it's hysterical!
Just as you are!

Gee, if that was true, I wouldn't get so many hits on my comments. It is people like you who perpetuate the most incompetent and corrupt POTUS. Your set cannot, nor ever be able to defend trump, and the chaos he has brought to our government; all your kind have left are ad hominems and the funny button.

I never thought you were stupid, but as long as you defend this man child, narcissist, and ***-****, it's clear you have bought into Trumpism.

Were taxpayers faced with a massive tax bill when they filed their tax returns?

Define massive. Every year deductions which were eliminated will grow, and the standard deduction (SD) will not grow in equal proportions - in fact it will be eliminated in 2027; the corporate tax will not sunset and the two top brackets which were removed will not return. Ryan and Trump will be long forgotten, and the gap of wealth inequality of middle classes and working poor with the wealthy will continue to widen. That is a fact, and there are no alternative facts for you to offer.

Trump wants to give a shortfall to Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security, a plan which would become a greater burden on the budgets, and thus give the RW an argument to privatize these programs. It is dishonest, it gives corporations and business more revenue that will not be passed on to the working people.

The same crap that the lame duck Republican H. of Rep. under Ryan passed the tax fraud, which benefited corporations with 2/3 of the tax cut, and who didn't pass it on to their workers, but used it to buy back stocks, donate to the R Party and enrich the Senior Officers.

Just as you are!

Gee, if that was true, I wouldn't get so many hits on my comments. It is people like you who perpetuate the most incompetent and corrupt POTUS. Your set cannot, nor ever be able to defend trump, and the chaos he has brought to our government; all your kind have left are ad hominems and the funny button.

I never thought you were stupid, but as long as you defend this man child, narcissist, and ***-****, it's clear you have bought into Trumpism.

Since this is Trumpism, yep, I've bought into it and most Americans have as well. Why not?

Younger and Minority Workers Lead Wage Gains as Expansion Ages
Oct. 17, 2019, 8:59 AM

A tightening labor market with U.S. unemployment rate at a 50-year low is starting to result in higher wages for full-time workers, including younger people and minorities whose pay has lagged.

Median weekly earnings for Americans in the third quarter rose 3.6% to $919, outpacing inflation, the U.S. Labor Department reported Wednesday. Earnings for those aged 25 to 54, in their prime working years, rose by 5%, the fastest rate of growth in recent years.

Younger and Minority Workers Lead Wage Gains as Expansion Ages

###

ECONOMY
Record-low black unemployment cheered by black activists

Published 1 month ago on September 9, 2019

[...]

“Love him or hate him, this is an incredible economic accomplishment for the President and a tremendous benefit for American blacks,” said Project 21 member Derryck Green.

Along with a reported third straight month of 3.7 percent overall unemployment, the federal Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) August jobs report noted that the overall black unemployment rate fell half-a-percent to 5.5 percent. This is the lowest black unemployment rate ever recorded. BLS began reporting employment statistics by race in 1972. And with overall white unemployment at 3.4 percent, it is also the smallest reported gap between the races ever in terms of joblessness. Until recently, the racial employment disparity between blacks and whites has generally held to a 2-1 margin.

Record-low black unemployment cheered by black activists

###

Help wanted: Too many jobs and not enough workers in most states
Tim Henderson, Stateline Published 8:00 a.m. CT Oct. 15, 2019 | Updated 7:10 p.m. CT Oct. 15, 2019

In 39 states, there are more jobs than people looking for them, according to a Stateline analysis of June hiring and employment data from the federal Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Help wanted: Too many jobs and not enough workers in most states

###

America Created 266,000 Jobs in November
JOHN CARNEY 6 Dec 2019

The imaginary recession of 2019 is over.

The U.S. economy added 266,000 jobs for the month and the unemployment rate fell to 3.5 percent, matching the lowest level in 50 years.

Economists had expected the economy to add 180,000 jobs and for unemployment to remain unchanged at 3.6 percent, according to Econoday.

Adding to the picture of strength for the labor market, previous jobs numbers were revised up. September’s figure was revised up by 13,000 to 193,000. October was revised up by 28,000 to 156,000. Together, that adds 41,000 more jobs than previously reported.

[...]

Average hourly wages are up 3.14 percent compared with last year, above economist expectations. In manufacturing, the average workweek increased by 0.1 hour to 40.5 hours. Average hourly ages of private-sector production and nonsupervisory employees rose by 7 cents in the month to $23.83, a 0.22 percent gain.

[...]

America Created 266,000 Jobs in November

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...economy-added-jobs-jobless-rate-fell-percent/

Wall Street soars after economy added robust 266,000 jobs in November

###

2 exports to China would increase to over $260 billion in 2020, and roughly $310 billion in 2021 if the deal holds

US-China phase 1 trade deal: Beijing agrees to buy $200 billion in US products

###

HAH! President Trump Invited Minnesota Hog Farmers to USMCA Signing Ceremony — But NOT Nancy Pelosi
by Jim Hoft January 29, 2020

President Trump signed the historic USMCA Trade Agreement on Wednesday at the White House.

The trade agreement replaces the disastrous NAFTA agreement signed into law during the Clinton years.

President Trump invited Minnesota Republicans and Minnesota hog farmers to the White House for the signing ceremony today.

HAH! President Trump Invited Minnesota Hog Farmers to USMCA Signing Ceremony -- But NOT Nancy Pelosi

###

More MAGA Winning: Gallup Poll Has NEVER Recorded This Level Of Economic Optimism
Written by K. Walker on February 6, 2020

[...]

Americans feel better about their personal financial situation than they did under Obama, Clinton, or even Reagan. This year-to-year number has been rising since 2018 and has hit a 44-year record high according to Gallup’s “Mood of the Nation” economic survey. Gallup reports that 59% of Americans — nearly six in 10 — say that they are better off financially than they were a year ago, which is up from 50% last year.

[...]

There has also been a sharp decline in the percentage of people who say that they are financially worse off than a year ago. Only 20% of Americans are stating that as their financial reality, and that is a record low.

[...]

More MAGA Winning: Gallup Poll Has NEVER Recorded This Level Of Economic Optimism

###

ECONOMY
Job growth smashes expectations for February as unemployment falls back to 3.5%
PUBLISHED FRI, MAR 6 20208:30 AM EST UPDATED 5 HOURS AGO

KEY POINTS

· Nonfarm payrolls rose by 273,000 in February vs. a 175,000 estimate, while the unemployment rate edged lower to 3.5%.

· Job gains were widespread, with health care adding 57,000 to lead the way.

· December and January’s estimates were revised upward by a total of 243,000.

Job growth smashes expectations for February as unemployment falls back to 3.5%

More?

Define massive. Every year deductions which were eliminated will grow, and the standard deduction (SD) will not grow in equal proportions - in fact it will be eliminated in 2027; the corporate tax will not sunset and the two top brackets which were removed will not return. Ryan and Trump will be long forgotten, and the gap of wealth inequality of middle classes and working poor with the wealthy will continue to widen. That is a fact, and there are no alternative facts for you to offer.

The issue is PAYROLL TAXES. You (Democrats) are saying that a payroll tax cut will cause people to write huge checks come time to file their tax returns in April.

Did they have huge checks to write the year of the payroll tax cuts by President Obama? Did you forget that, didn't you?

Just as you are!

He delayed the socialism. Gave us a chance to think it over. You seem not to learn. When it gets here, do not blame anyone but yourselves. To many people do not want to pay for others already. Notice how they leave areas!

Ok, my controller says she had only heard Trump was going to cut the employer side. She's said she could be wrong.

But I bet she isn't. I bet this idea is simply to help the employer. And honestly, how does it help?

P.S. I remember Obama was in a recession and he was finding ways to get employers who weren't hiring to hire by giving them a break on payroll taxes. In fact I got hired at a company because of that tax break Obama gave to employers. It made sense then. Why do it now when we're at zero unemployment? What will it do?

It will create a short fall in Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security, that is his plan, to privatize as much as he can. Trump and Ryan are not conservatives, they are Plutocrats.

The issue is PAYROLL TAXES. You (Democrats) are saying that a payroll tax cut will cause people to write huge checks come time to file their tax returns in April.

Did they have huge checks to write the year of the payroll tax cuts by President Obama? Did you forget that, didn't you?

You're full of shit, no one wrote a massive check. What trump has done is to create a Trillion Dollar deficit in 2019. Explain that!

Just as you are!

He delayed the socialism. Gave us a chance to think it over. You seem not to learn. When it gets here, do not blame anyone but yourselves. To many people do not want to pay for others already. Notice how they leave areas!

How much did you pay for your brainwash?

Forum List

Back