Trump Reportedly Called Germans 'Very Bad,' Vowed To Stop U.S.-German Car Sales

Personally, I am growing tired of the Germans dropping those cheap BMWs and Mercedes on our doorstep

Why doesn't Trump tell his golfing buddies to stop buying them?
why dont you validate the story first?

Donald Trump is just stupid. Germany selling cars in the US is just business. It does not make them "bad".

Right now, the strong US dollar makes car imports cheaper & our cars more expensive to export.
anyone believing this blindly is stupid.

Personally, I am growing tired of the Germans dropping those cheap BMWs and Mercedes on our doorstep

Somebody please stop me!

I can't stop buying these BMWs and Mercedes
so you are not willing to valudate it? so i can put up a fake headline n story on my site n you will believe it.

got it.

Somebody please stop me!

I can't stop buying these BMWs and Mercedes
so you are not willing to valudate it? so i can put up a fake headline n story on my site n you will believe it.

got it.

I don't know what gets into me....

I see that three pointed star and I can't stop myself from buying them

Mercedes-Benz-three-pointed-star-logo.png

Last edited:
Germans bad, very bad
Make rightwinger buy expensive car
Germans keep it up, Trump will call them loser

Once again, Trump displays his impressive command of the English language

He sounds like Mongo in Blazing Saddles

Mongo say: Germans are bad, very bad
Oh my! I forgot one of the constitutional requirements for being POTUS is to speak proper Ivy League English.

Ummm...Yes

The President represents the American public. He is supposed to instill confidence in our allies that the US is being led by competent leaders who they can trust

Speaking at the level of a six year old does not instill confidence
Trump instills confidence more so than pussy Sotoro.

Oh my! I forgot one of the constitutional requirements for being POTUS is to speak proper Ivy League English.

Ummm...Yes

The President represents the American public. He is supposed to instill confidence in our allies that the US is being led by competent leaders who they can trust

President Obama is in Germany right now

Showing the world what a REAL Statesman looks like

Ummm...Yes

A real statesman looks like a queer?

59275148200000290016ef81.jpeg

During a meeting with top leaders of the European Union, President Donald Trump said “the Germans are bad, very bad,” according to participants in the room who spoke to German newspaper Der Spiegel.

Trump’s specific criticism was that Germany’s auto industry exported cars. “See the millions of cars they are selling in the U.S. Terrible,” Der Spiegel reports he said. “We will stop this.”

In January, Trump threatened to slap a 35 percent tax on German auto imports. “If you want to build cars in the world, then I wish you all the best. You can build cars for the United States, but for every car that comes to the USA, you will pay 35 percent tax,” he said. “I would tell BMW that if you are building a factory in Mexico and plan to sell cars to the USA, without a 35 percent tax, then you can forget that.”

Trump’s new comments impugning the Germans for exporting cars were made in a meeting with the European Commission president, Jean-Claude Juncker, and the European Council president, Donald Tusk. Juncker, Der Spiegel reports, supported the Germans.

Another German newspaper, Süddeutsche Zeitung, reported that E.U. representatives felt their U.S. counterparts did not understand that the E.U. negotiates trade agreements as a single entity, rather than on a country-to-country basis. That is, the U.S. can negotiate trade deals with the E.U. as a whole, but not individually with the separate members of the E.U.

Der Spiegel reported that Gary Cohn, the director of Trump’s National Economic Council, appeared to believe that the U.S. could negotiate different trade deals with Germany and Belgium.

This is not the first time this basic misunderstanding has cropped up. When German Chancellor Angela Merkel visited the White House in March, she had to explain how E.U. trade deals were negotiated almost a dozen times, a senior German official told the Times of London.

“Ten times Trump asked [Merkel] if he could negotiate a trade deal with Germany. Every time she replied, ‘You can’t do a trade deal with Germany, only the EU,’” the official said. “On the eleventh refusal, Trump finally got the message, ‘Oh, we’ll do a deal with Europe then.’”

The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment Thursday.

More: Trump Reportedly Called Germans 'Very Bad,' Vowed To Stop U.S.-German Car Sales

The man-child is an embarrassing idiot. I hope foreigners don't think all Americans are that stupid.

I guess Der Spiegel doesn't understand the US can impose taxes on whatever it wants when it arrives in the states. We don't have to "negotiate" with the EU on it, it is internal tax law. So if we want to tax German cars, we can, while not taxing others such as Italian cars.

It appears they think we are so stupid we can't tell the difference between EU countries.
When Trump begins taxing cars from the European Union, then there will be retaliation regardless of which EU country produced the cars. Above all, a trade war with America's closest allies would be shocking.

There are so few American cars in Europe. Such a "trade war" would hurt them far more than us.

Ummm...Yes

He has no business being a statesman. He is NOT our President.

If he is trying to undermine the real President, he can be charged with meddling and impersonating a US statesman.

Ummm...Yes

If he is trying to undermine the real President, he can be charged with meddling and impersonating a US statesman.

Obama is a SUPERSTAR in Europe

Trump is a clown

“Ten times Trump asked [Merkel] if he could negotiate a trade deal with Germany. Every time she replied, ‘You can’t do a trade deal with Germany, only the EU,’”

Short term memory loss is a sign of Dementia.

The key is the word reportedly. Much is attributed to Trump that he never said.

German cars are very popular in this country. So popular that they are built here. Therefore a 35% tariff would not affect German cars in the slightest.

Ummm...Yes

Trump is a clown
So is Kim Kardashian a superstar for the same reasons. Trump has the power of the country behind him.

Ummm...Yes

Trump is a clown
So is Kim Kardashian for the same reasons.

I agree

Trump is the Kim Kardashian of Presidents

Forum List

Back