🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump Ridiculed For Republican Convention Ratings Slump

skews13

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2017
The Republican National Convention hasn't performed well in television ratings, and former President Donald Trump, who is notoriously obsessed with crowd sizes, is being ridiculed for the failure.

Variety reported that despite a near-death experience, the convention's first night drew 18.1 million viewers across all networks.

"Fox News led the pack by far with 6.9 million viewers at 10 p.m. Next was ABC with 2.3 million viewers, NBC with 2.2 million, CBS with 1.8 million, MSNBC with 1.3 million and CNN with 1.1 million," the report said.

MSNBC host Lawrence O'Donnell called the event a “very low-rated convention” for Trump.

“I think it’s one of the reasons why he went there,” O’Donnell continued. “And I think even if he hadn’t been attacked, there’s a possibility he would have gone to try to pump up his ratings. He did everything he could to pump up Monday night’s ratings that are lower than the Monday night ratings of his 2016 convention.”

“So that’s six million ardent Trump supporters is the most they can get,” O’Donnell pointed out. “Less than 10 percent of ardent Trump voters decided, ‘I’m going to watch this thing last night.'”

Colleague Rachel Maddow mocked, “That’s really not that much of a bump for Fox."

That MaxiPad you have on your ear is the ratings booster you thought it was huh donny?

The Republican National Convention hasn't performed well in television ratings, and former President Donald Trump, who is notoriously obsessed with crowd sizes, is being ridiculed for the failure.

Variety reported that despite a near-death experience, the convention's first night drew 18.1 million viewers across all networks.

"Fox News led the pack by far with 6.9 million viewers at 10 p.m. Next was ABC with 2.3 million viewers, NBC with 2.2 million, CBS with 1.8 million, MSNBC with 1.3 million and CNN with 1.1 million," the report said.

MSNBC host Lawrence O'Donnell called the event a “very low-rated convention” for Trump.

“I think it’s one of the reasons why he went there,” O’Donnell continued. “And I think even if he hadn’t been attacked, there’s a possibility he would have gone to try to pump up his ratings. He did everything he could to pump up Monday night’s ratings that are lower than the Monday night ratings of his 2016 convention.”

“So that’s six million ardent Trump supporters is the most they can get,” O’Donnell pointed out. “Less than 10 percent of ardent Trump voters decided, ‘I’m going to watch this thing last night.'”

Colleague Rachel Maddow mocked, “That’s really not that much of a bump for Fox."

That MaxiPad you have on your ear is the ratings booster you thought it was huh donny?

I saw 42,000 live users on youtube at AP alone. Another 2000 at CNN and 10s of thousands streaming live from other channels.

These youtuber channels don't count towards the ratings and it has an impact as fewer and fewer have cable.

It's certainly a convention full of lies.

YAWN. I've never watched a political convention in my life.

Well be sure to let us know what the DNC ratings are.

I'll bet you want to shoot him, huh?

Who cares about the RNC ratings? America has already seen all it needs to for voting in November skrewey. But thanks for watching and letting us know what goes on.

OK, it wasn't my imagination. I thought I'd seen that there just isn't the energy there was in 2016 and 2020.
I firmly believe it's because they really have nothing to offer or talk about except anger and tired old policies that are only going to appeal to the people who already support them. :)

It's certainly a convention full of lies.
will the Democrat convention be any different?

BTW

will the Democrat convention be any different?

BTW

Likely to be a riot. Literally.

Who cares about the RNC ratings? America has already seen all it needs to for voting in November skrewey. But thanks for watching and letting us know what goes on.

I'm old and I have never witnessed the unity, the electricity, the emotion, as this one has.

Not even Reagan.

Rawstory?

Forum List

Back