Trump says he is likely to support end to federal ban on marijuana

My opinion is I don't like the stuff, I don't touch it and I don't think it is a healthy life choice. However, beer and cigarettes are also bad for your health and I have a real problem with over prescriptions people take for various pains and the like. I don't take any of the above, might drink a beer or two a year, zero inhalation of anything.

I don't want to weight in too heavily on this issue as I am on the fence. I can say, it is legal in Canada now, and it didn't alter my life one iota. I still don't touch the stuff. Adults are going to make up their own minds on the issue, and it's becoming an increasingly popular opinion in many places to just legalize it.

I think politically, it's a win for him. He will have support of many libertarians (a segment I believe he has expanded since his win) and of course, with Independents. Is he suggesting this be an issue for each state, but the Feds stay out of the issue? That would allow the Feds to focus on far more serious issues.

Trump has never been a hard right, Neo-Cons, that's for sure so this doesn't surprise me. When people hear me they say "oh you're a Conservative", and I suggest "it depends on the issue". Citizens aren't predefined by some artificial label and only a real lemmings is 100% supportive of a party or ideology.

Anyways, I think politically this is a boon for him, even as I am indifferent/not excited by the premise of people smoking the stuff. I smelled it alot more in the air just walking to the store, in a relatively suburban subdivision since Trudeau legalized it. However, only for the first couple of weeks or so. it's like grandma and grandpa decided to try it out finally in the secrecy of their backyard lol.

My opinion is I don't like the stuff, I don't touch it and I don't think it is a healthy life choice. However, beer and cigarettes are also bad for your health and I have a real problem with over prescriptions people take for various pains and the like. I don't take any of the above, might drink a beer or two a year, zero inhalation of anything.

I don't want to weight in too heavily on this issue as I am on the fence. I can say, it is legal in Canada now, and it didn't alter my life one iota. I still don't touch the stuff. Adults are going to make up their own minds on the issue, and it's becoming an increasingly popular opinion in many places to just legalize it.

I think politically, it's a win for him. He will have support of many libertarians (a segment I believe he has expanded since his win) and of course, with Independents. Is he suggesting this be an issue for each state, but the Feds stay out of the issue? That would allow the Feds to focus on far more serious issues.

Trump has never been a hard right, Neo-Cons, that's for sure so this doesn't surprise me. When people hear me they say "oh you're a Conservative", and I suggest "it depends on the issue". Citizens aren't predefined by some artificial label and only a real lemmings is 100% supportive of a party or ideology.

Anyways, I think politically this is a boon for him, even as I am indifferent/not excited by the premise of people smoking the stuff. I smelled it alot more in the air just walking to the store, in a relatively suburban subdivision since Trudeau legalized it. However, only for the first couple of weeks or so. it's like grandma and grandpa decided to try it out finally in the secrecy of their backyard lol.
Same here. I last smoked over 10 years ago and don't miss it,I don't think it should be legalized but eh whatever....it will do wonders for my stocks! :D

Trump says he is likely to support ending blanket federal ban on marijuana

How did I never see any major coverage on this? Guessing media was still playing with themselves over the election results I guess.

You don't see coverage because the left supports this and consider it a win, and Lord only knows they don't want anyone to know Trump did anything they approve of.

I haven't smoke in years as I have a bad reaction (blood pressure drops and so do I), but I do support medical use and CBD's

Sorry bout that,

1. The rapes of the criminal courts in America on Hippies and Indians must END!
  2. Smoke the peace pipe and chill out, or smoke it not.
  3. Tonight this very night 500 people will die from some fault of a drunk, be it themselves or some innocent folks.
  4. Each day 200 or more people will find out they have lung cancer, yes they smoked 30 years, and smoked two packs a day.
  5. Need anymore reasons to legalize marijuana?
  6. That should be all you need unless you are a dumb ass!
Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

3. Tonight this very night 500 people will die from some fault of a drunk, be it themselves or some innocent folks.
  4. Each day 200 or more people will find out they have lung cancer, yes they smoked 30 years, and smoked two packs a day.
Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Those are reasons to make alcohol and tobacco ILLEGAL; which I agree with. They are not reasons to make marijuana (or any other drug) legal.

Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Those are reasons to make alcohol and tobacco ILLEGAL; which I agree with. They are not reasons to make marijuana (or any other drug) legal.

If you do not wish to drink or smoke, don’t.

If you wish to live in a country where such things are illegal, move to a Muslim country.

Quit trying to take away freedom in this country.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

If you wish to live in a country where such things are illegal, move to a Muslim country.

While my moral avoidance of alcohol, tobacco and drugs has no negative effect on your lives, unfortunately the immoral use of such things by members of the population DOES have a negative effect on my life and the lives of millions of others.

Since your freedoms end when they negatively impact my life, these things need to be done away with, permanently.

While my moral avoidance of alcohol, tobacco and drugs has no negative effect on your lives, unfortunately the immoral use of such things by members of the population DOES have a negative effect on my life and the lives of millions of others.

Since your freedoms end when they negatively impact my life, these things need to be done away with, permanently.

You're not going to get rid of them, because of the black market.

Besides bars are awesome places, often.

Lol, if he rolls this out and passes a bill right before the election. He'd take the stoner vote, more millenials etc, lol. Of course the libs would oppose the bill if trump proposed it.

Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Alcohol, tobacco, marijuana are all dangerous. We've already gone down the prohibition road. I drink wine and brew beer sometimes but would never think about making it illegal.

So because some people are bad drivers, we need to ban all cars?

Some people are bad drivers; so we require licensing and insurance for drivers and if one proves too incompetent or unreliable we remove their privilege to drive.

Unfortunately the potential bad consequences of alcohol, tobacco and drugs are not as easily pinpointed to a particular episode like a motor vehicle accident is. Since we cannot reasonably control the use of these products like we do with automobiles, banning thrm is the only reasonable option.

Some people are bad drivers; so we require licensing and insurance for drivers and if one proves too incompetent or unreliable we remove their privilege to drive.

Unfortunately the potential bad consequences of alcohol, tobacco and drugs are not as easily pinpointed to a particular episode like a motor vehicle accident is. Since we cannot reasonably control the use of these products like we do with automobiles, banning thrm is the only reasonable option.

Banning them is not reasonable. It's been tried, and has failed/is failing.

and licensing doesn't remove incompetence, it just allows us to identify the incompetent AFTER an accident has already happened.

Forum List

Back