Trump SecDef Denies Trump Ordered Deployment of National Guard

Former acting Defense Secretary Chris Miller told the House select committee investigating the Capitol Hill insurrection that former President Donald Trump never gave him a formal order to have 10,000 troops ready to be deployed to the Capitol on January 6, 2021, according to new video of Miller's deposition released by the committee.

"I was never given any direction or order or knew of any plans of that nature," Miller said in the video.
Miller later said in the video definitively, "There was no direct, there was no order from the President."

One more narrative bites the dust. Nancy Pelosi was not consulted and did not deny a request for the National Guard. Donald Trump did not order the deployment of 10,000 troops.

Instead, Back Seat Driver Donald sat in front of a TV for over three hours watching the violent attack and did nothing since the mob was doing his bidding as people were dying and cops were being mauled.

Oh, well.
Ya gotta love the Trumpsters' responses.

Now it doesn't matter.

:rolleyes:

Gen Flynn’s brother actually was the one gumming up the works. He was demanding that they get all this extra authorization and make all these little written plans.
That’s the General Flynn who lied about being involved? That one? The brother of Mike Flynn?

That’s the General Flynn who lied about being involved? That one? The brother of Mike Flynn?
Brother Flynn, whatever his first name is. I forget.

The reports from the military are a shit show. Everyone pointing fingers and claiming everyone is lying.

The general commanding the DC National Guard and their counsel have been pretty unambiguously calling them liars.

You are wrong and you lie. On Jan 4 the Pentafon timeline notes reflect that the President had approved of the NG deployment. Of course, they still had to await an actual request.

Additionally, a Vanity Fair reported summarized an interview with then Acting Secy of Defense Miller:

'Insurrectionist' Trump Approved National Guard Troops for D.C. on Jan 6. Dems Said No. (a bit of emphasis added for you hard of thinking dishonest libtards).
The document provided doesn’t say anything about 10,000 or 20,000 troops being approved.

The Vanity Fair article corroborates that Miller didn’t take that number seriously:
I could not recall the last time a contingent that large had been called up to supplement law enforcement at all, much less at a demonstration—the Women’s March and the Million Man March sprang to mind—and so I asked the acting SECDEF why Trump threw out such a big number. “The president’s sometimes hyperbolic, as you’ve noticed. There were gonna be a million people in the street, I think was his expectation.”

We all agree that Trump said “you’re going to need 10,000” but that isn’t how one gives an order and it wasn’t treated as such.

The headline of the editorial is a lie. It reads:

'Insurrectionist' Trump Approved National Guard Troops for D.C. on Jan 6. Dems Said No.​

Dems didn’t say no. The Capitol Police Board never asked any Dem (or Republican) about it. Dems can’t say no to questions they’re not asked and wouldn’t be required to approve regardless.

The editorial has an interesting passage that comes from the Washington Post:
“Steven Sund, then-U.S. Capitol Police Chief, asked for National Guardsmen on January 4, but was rebuffed. “It was the first of six times Sund’s request for help was rejected or delayed,” the Washington Post reported.”

Guess who delayed the request the next 5 times? Trump’s generals. Where was Trump? Hiding.

Nothing gets in the way of lies and a false narrative by the left... No manner of facts will dissuade the sheep... IT is useless to try and debate these idiots. They believe their own lies... A liar, deceived by their own lies, will never be convinced with facts...

The document provided doesn’t say anything about 10,000 or 20,000 troops being approved.
Zzz — already addressed.
The Vanity Fair article corroborates that Miller didn’t take that number seriously:
Not in any way at all. Stop lying.
I could not recall the last time a contingent that large had been called up to supplement law enforcement at all, much less at a demonstration—the Women’s March and the Million Man March sprang to mind—and so I asked the acting SECDEF why Trump threw out such a big number. “The president’s sometimes hyperbolic, as you’ve noticed. There were gonna be a million people in the street, I think was his expectation.”

We all agree that Trump said “you’re going to need 10,000” but that isn’t how one gives an order and it wasn’t treated as such.
He couldn’t give an order, stupid. The request needs to come first. Pay attention.
The headline of the editorial is a lie. It reads:

'Insurrectionist' Trump Approved National Guard Troops for D.C. on Jan 6. Dems Said No.​

Dems didn’t say no.

They sure as hell did say “no.” You lie way too much.
The Capitol Police Board never asked any Dem (or Republican) about it. Dems can’t say no to questions they’re not asked and wouldn’t be required to approve regardless.
Nobody even knows what your babbling about at this point. The Capitol police timeline confirms that permission was not granted.
The editorial has an interesting passage that comes from the Washington Post:
“Steven Sund, then-U.S. Capitol Police Chief, asked for National Guardsmen on January 4, but was rebuffed. “It was the first of six times Sund’s request for help was rejected or delayed,” the Washington Post reported.”

Guess who delayed the request the next 5 times? Trump’s generals. Where was Trump? Hiding.
Again: you substitute your completely baseless and unsupported speculations for facts. It doesn’t work that way, you idiot. Nothing does.

Last edited:
Nothing gets in the way of lies and a false narrative by the left... No manner of facts will dissuade the sheep... IT is useless to try and debate these idiots. They believe their own lies... A liar, deceived by their own lies, will never be convinced with facts...
Dude...what you call facts are distortions, mischaracterizations and outright lies.

What you call lies...are FACTS

Zzz — already addressed.

Not in any way at all. Stop lying.

He couldn’t give an order, stupid. The request needs to come first. Pay attention.

They sure as did say no. You lie way too much.

Nobody even knows word yuur babbling about at this point. The Capitol police timeline confirms that permission was not granted.

Again: you substitute yiur completely baseless and unsupported speculations for facts. It doesn’t work that way, you idiot. Nothing does.
I backed everything up with quotes and documents, which you ignored.

Your documents failed to corroborate your claim and your only substantiation is hearsay from Kash Patel which was directly contradicted by testimony under oath from Miller.

Your best argument is saying it’s possible that documentation exists to support your claims and that we just haven’t seen it. I can’t disprove it but it’s a pretty weak argument.

Did Trump want to deploy the N.G.? Did he suggest deploying the N.G? WTF difference does it make?
He suggested it. It makes a difference in part because of two things. 1. The false claim that he did “nothing.” And, 2. The irrationality of the libtards’ claim that he was engaged in some alleged “insurrection” effort. Sure. Try to pull off an insurrection but recommend tighter security and offer troops to help avoid violence.

Libtards are fucking stupid.

The Capitol police requested help but it was denied. Who denied the request?

Forum List

Back