Trump SecDef Denies Trump Ordered Deployment of National Guard

You selectively now rely on ignoring the reporter’s interviews and reporting.

From the JustTheNews account, above.

Your putrid attempt to besmirch Patel is not persuasive since you have no evidence that he was in any way incorrect. You also ignore the then Acting Secretary of Defense who spoke differently (perhaps) before Congress. That latter fact makes his later recantation at least a little suspect.

We also do have contemporaneous records from the Capitol Police that they did reject the offer. (If they thought they were rejecting 125 troops as you simplistically suggest, then wtf makes you imagine that they would have accepted 10,000 or 20,000?). Logic is still not one of you he gifts, Letch.
As you note yourself...the 10,000 or 20,000 troops you claim is NOT in that timeline.

No. Trust nothing that Trump toadie Kash Patel "interprets".

The timeline you linked says that the national guard had 125 troops available.

What happened to the 10,000 or 20,000 troops exactly?
Again. JustTheNews interviewed both Patel and the former Secretary of Defense.

And again, since the Capitol Police turned down 125 troops, wtf makes you imagine they’d have said “but more? Ok. Cool. 10 to 20k, now that’s acceptable.”

I wonder if our Select 1/6 committe clown show ever reviewed the notes or recordings of the reporter's prior interview of Acting Secy Miller of of Mr. Patel? I don’t recall Miller being grilled on cross examination about the discrepancy.

Hm. That’s right. The 1/6 clown show dispensed with cross examinations.

And again, since the Capitol Police turned down 125 troops, wtf makes you imagine they’d have said “but more? Ok. Cool. 10 to 20k, now that’s acceptable.”

I wonder if our Select 1/6 committe clown show ever reviewed the notes or recordings of the reporter's prior interview of Acting Secy Miller of of Mr. Patel? I don’t recall Miller being grilled on cross examination about the discrepancy.

The claim was that Trump authorized tens of thousands of NG troops

The timeline does not support that.

At all

Lol,

Former acting Defense Secretary Chris Miller told the House select committee investigating the Capitol Hill insurrection that former President Donald Trump never gave him a formal order to have 10,000 troops ready to be deployed to the Capitol on January 6, 2021, according to new video of Miller's deposition released by the committee.

"I was never given any direction or order or knew of any plans of that nature," Miller said in the video.
Miller later said in the video definitively, "There was no direct, there was no order from the President."

One more narrative bites the dust. Nancy Pelosi was not consulted and did not deny a request for the National Guard. Donald Trump did not order the deployment of 10,000 troops.

Instead, Back Seat Driver Donald sat in front of a TV for over three hours watching the violent attack and did nothing since the mob was doing his bidding as people were dying and cops were being mauled.

Oh, well.
1 death, and that was a protestor. You must be talking about the summer of love.

At all
I cant hear you.JPG

Keep those finger firmly implanted...

At all
The timeline alone doesn’t. The timeline does show that any offer at all was refused.

And the fact that you don’t have a formal written proof of the 10k to 20k figure doesn’t disprove it at all.

I’d like to review the JustTheNews reporter’s notes and tape. It would be fun to pin down Miller who is clearly waffling.

Lol,

1 death, and that was a protestor. You must be talking about the summer of love.
Two protesters died. And one police officer died later from his injuries.

You should be asking yourself why Trump didn't tell you about those other two.

One protester was shot trying to hurdle the last barricade. Another protester was trampled to death by her fellow insurrectionists.

You have been kept deliberaly ignorant of these facts and you should be asking yourself why.

Pelosi does not have the power to refuse. And even if she did, Mitch has the power to say "sure, we will take them" as neither of them has any more power over the CP than the other.
who "has" the power is a moot point anymore. they'll do what they want and claim democracy is at stake.

Two protesters died. And one police officer died later from his injuries.

You should be asking yourself why Trump didn't tell you about those other two.

One protester was shot trying to hurdle the last barricade. Another protester was trampled to death by her fellow insurrectionists.

You have been kept deliberaly ignorant of these facts and you should be asking yourself why.
The police man died of natural causes. All they have are trespassing charges. While your guys barricaded people in a federal court house and tried to burn them alive.

Just the News only quotes Patel who is a devout Trump loyalist and who by all contemporaneous records was not part of the conversations with the SAA. Patel’s quote stated that “we” went to the Capitol Police not “I”, meaning he’s not even specifically claiming that he was present for any such discussion. There is a conspicuous absence of any quote from Chris Miller in the article, and given it’s a very politically biased pundit writing the story, I’m not surprised.

The point is that there never was an offer of thousands of troops and there never was an order to have thousands of troops ready to go.

There was supposed to be a few hundred troops rapidly available but the DoD really didn’t have them rapidly available in the least and made it difficult for the Capitol Police to get the backup they were promised resulting in hours of delays.

Forum List

Back