Trump shafts the coal country Trumpbots.

I think it's a pyrrhic victory. You guys are so lost in your "War on Coal" meme you fail to understand the reality of jobs here.
Yeah, there are no fucking jobs....we're working on that by ending your war on coal....

So, no compassion for all those jobs lost when the whale oil industry collapsed?

It looks like its the new technology of the future with your war on oil..

War on oil?. Heck no! I was a republican for years, I own oil stocks! But coal is for losers. I doubt if Warren Buffett owns any.
You missed out....:lol:

America runs on coal....
Ran on horses at one time.

Yeah, there are no fucking jobs....we're working on that by ending your war on coal....

So, no compassion for all those jobs lost when the whale oil industry collapsed?

It looks like its the new technology of the future with your war on oil..

War on oil?. Heck no! I was a republican for years, I own oil stocks! But coal is for losers. I doubt if Warren Buffett owns any.
You missed out....:lol:

America runs on coal....
Ran on horses at one time.
Mules actually.....they moved coal....

You must have choked on the Cheeto dust. I'll give you a few minutes to compose yourself.

Why are you so resistant to bringing in NEW jobs - educating our workforce, attracting new industries like tech, upgrading our infrastructure to help make our state more attractive?

That's the ticket....turn these grizzly ham-handed miners into.....computer programmers! :rolleyes-41: But then Barry only gave the region $12M to turn them into clerk-typists, right? The REAL agenda is to keep them unemployed and broke so they have to depend on Uncle Sugar ie vote democrat. You are supporting communists in case you haven't guessed that yet.

So you really have no idea what happens day after day on the shop floor, do you? Yet you assume some pink-faced bureaucrat who's never worked in one either, knows what's best for that industry or any industry. That's the problem with you statists...you think you know, but you don't know beans about any of it.

Speaking of not knowing beans - do you think all the information originates from "pink faced bureaucrats"? Did they invent black lung?

Asked and answered. Try working in a coal mine for TEN MINUTES then get back to me....good miners are worth their weight in gold but of course you believe the EVIL COMPANY couldn't care less if they get sick and die. This ain't the 1930's anymore.

I think you are being as unrealistic as you accuse me of if you think companies place that much value on good miners.

They make deliberate cost calculations on whether it's more economical to lose a few miners and pay a settlement vs the cost of regulation.

If miners are afraid to get chest xrays because they're afraid of losing their jobs.

Companies regularly go bankrupt or reorganize in order to avoid paying benefits - especially health benefits and payments for black lung.

There's no shortage of bodies to go into mining because it DOES pay well - far better than any other job with the equivalent educational level.

Mules actually.....they moved coal....

Coal and Borax.....

You must have choked on the Cheeto dust. I'll give you a few minutes to compose yourself.

Why are you so resistant to bringing in NEW jobs - educating our workforce, attracting new industries like tech, upgrading our infrastructure to help make our state more attractive?

That's the ticket....turn these grizzly ham-handed miners into.....computer programmers! :rolleyes-41: But then Barry only gave the region $12M to turn them into clerk-typists, right? The REAL agenda is to keep them unemployed and broke so they have to depend on Uncle Sugar ie vote democrat. You are supporting communists in case you haven't guessed that yet.

Why do you oppose trying to bring in new jobs?

So you really have no idea what happens day after day on the shop floor, do you? Yet you assume some pink-faced bureaucrat who's never worked in one either, knows what's best for that industry or any industry. That's the problem with you statists...you think you know, but you don't know beans about any of it.

Speaking of not knowing beans - do you think all the information originates from "pink faced bureaucrats"? Did they invent black lung?

Asked and answered. Try working in a coal mine for TEN MINUTES then get back to me....good miners are worth their weight in gold but of course you believe the EVIL COMPANY couldn't care less if they get sick and die. This ain't the 1930's anymore.

I think you are being as unrealistic as you accuse me of if you think companies place that much value on good miners.

They make deliberate cost calculations on whether it's more economical to lose a few miners and pay a settlement vs the cost of regulation.

If miners are afraid to get chest xrays because they're afraid of losing their jobs.

Companies regularly go bankrupt or reorganize in order to avoid paying benefits - especially health benefits and payments for black lung.

There's no shortage of bodies to go into mining because it DOES pay well - far better than any other job with the equivalent educational level.

In your words....PROVE IT.

Why do you oppose trying to bring in new jobs?

Such as.....solar? :lol: Been there, done that, Solyndra ring any bells? There's no money for "retraining" and these guys got mortgages to pay and kids to feed. This ain't some airhead theory to them...they need to keep their jobs and you do-gooders need to keep the hell out of their business.

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-bl...-coal-companies-go-bankrupt-the-mining-doesnt
coal_dozer_getty.jpg

The largest pillar of the coal industry has now fallen. In filing for bankruptcy last week, Peabody Energy joined Arch Coal, Patriot Coal, Walter Energy and Alpha Natural Resources among the largest coal mining companies recently facing this fate.

Coal emits more air pollutants and climate warming gases than any other fossil fuel, and its mining can devastate local ecosystems and watersheds. Curtailing the amounts of coal mined and burned would thus yield a myriad of benefits for the environment and health.

However, the road to bankruptcy court doesn't necessarily mark the path to a sustainable energy future. It is time to think afresh about how the environment and health can be considered in coal bankruptcies.

Like most of its peers, Peabody chose Chapter 11 for its bankruptcy filing. Unlike a Chapter 7 liquidation, Chapter 11 allows a company to continue operating while it manages its debts and seeks to emerge as a viable corporation. Peabody's statement said it intends to continue operating its mines uninterrupted as the bankruptcy process proceeds.

Thus, while bankruptcy can crimp the finances of creditors and investors, it won't necessarily cut coal mine output. In fact, coal companies seeking to pay off creditors may face pressure to maintain revenues from coal.

The challenge of maintaining revenue has grown as coal prices have fallen. Coal from Wyoming's Powder River Basin, widely used for its low sulfur content, has fallen to $9.35 per ton. I'd call it dirt cheap if I knew anywhere selling dirt for less than half a penny per pound.

The coal companies simply cannot continue to lose money. So they will go the way of buggy whip manufacturers.

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-bl...-coal-companies-go-bankrupt-the-mining-doesnt
coal_dozer_getty.jpg

The largest pillar of the coal industry has now fallen. In filing for bankruptcy last week, Peabody Energy joined Arch Coal, Patriot Coal, Walter Energy and Alpha Natural Resources among the largest coal mining companies recently facing this fate.

Coal emits more air pollutants and climate warming gases than any other fossil fuel, and its mining can devastate local ecosystems and watersheds. Curtailing the amounts of coal mined and burned would thus yield a myriad of benefits for the environment and health.

However, the road to bankruptcy court doesn't necessarily mark the path to a sustainable energy future. It is time to think afresh about how the environment and health can be considered in coal bankruptcies.

Like most of its peers, Peabody chose Chapter 11 for its bankruptcy filing. Unlike a Chapter 7 liquidation, Chapter 11 allows a company to continue operating while it manages its debts and seeks to emerge as a viable corporation. Peabody's statement said it intends to continue operating its mines uninterrupted as the bankruptcy process proceeds.

Thus, while bankruptcy can crimp the finances of creditors and investors, it won't necessarily cut coal mine output. In fact, coal companies seeking to pay off creditors may face pressure to maintain revenues from coal.

The challenge of maintaining revenue has grown as coal prices have fallen. Coal from Wyoming's Powder River Basin, widely used for its low sulfur content, has fallen to $9.35 per ton. I'd call it dirt cheap if I knew anywhere selling dirt for less than half a penny per pound.

The coal companies simply cannot continue to lose money. So they will go the way of buggy whip manufacturers.
Your war on coal is over....you lost.....

This is on the 2009 Massey mine disaster that claimed 29 lives. Massey had been cited for more than 369 violations, and over 10 million in fines.

$200 Million Settlement Reached Over Massey Mine Disaster
Talking about the market value of a dead coal miner might seem crass. But the truth is, that price tag will certainly have an impact on how coal companies operate. Mining coal is, after all, a commodity business – it’s all about getting the coal out of the ground as quickly and as cheaply as possible. Historically, coal miners have been viewed as commodities, too – important ones, maybe, but easily replaced. When the day comes that it’s cheaper to keep coal miners alive than to risk their lives in unsafe working conditions just to squeeze out a few extra tons of coal, well, that’s an important sign of progress.

When coal companies go bankrupt, the mining doesn't always stop
coal_dozer_getty.jpg

8 years of Barry the Fairy did this....and all that is heading to the dumpster along with everything else the POS touched. Coal will be just fine....YOU LOSE (again).

When coal companies go bankrupt, the mining doesn't always stop
coal_dozer_getty.jpg

8 years of Barry the Fairy did this....and all that is heading to the dumpster along with everything else the POS touched. Coal will be just fine....YOU LOSE (again).
We just bought an engineering company that designs new coal,power plants....

Coal is poised to explode back to powering industrialized America....

This is on the 2009 Massey mine disaster that claimed 29 lives. Massey had been cited for more than 369 violations, and over 10 million in fines.

$200 Million Settlement Reached Over Massey Mine Disaster
Talking about the market value of a dead coal miner might seem crass. But the truth is, that price tag will certainly have an impact on how coal companies operate. Mining coal is, after all, a commodity business – it’s all about getting the coal out of the ground as quickly and as cheaply as possible. Historically, coal miners have been viewed as commodities, too – important ones, maybe, but easily replaced. When the day comes that it’s cheaper to keep coal miners alive than to risk their lives in unsafe working conditions just to squeeze out a few extra tons of coal, well, that’s an important sign of progress.

Former Massey CEO Don Blankenship was finally convicted and sentenced - but he only got one year in prison. He was widely known as an asshole in coal country.

I was born and raised in coal country - and I've never seen "clean" coal. Have you?

1600.jpg
No more coal for you. I hope you have some extra blankets.

Believe me, sparky, I don't want anymore of that filthy stinking shit. You can have my share.
Stop using electricity then ....thanks....

Why should I? I don't have to handle that filthy stinky shit. However, if coal is burned - I prefer circulating fluidized bed (CFB) boilers.

Forum List

Back