trump signals the biginning of the end for the NFL

trump does not like the new kick off rules, so he pitches a fit. Who cares what you think Donald. Yeah. Slamming the NFL is a great political move....Ha Ha
The kickoff was a traditional part of the game. And it is a bad thing that they got rid of it. In The sense that it’s going to be rare now for somebody to actually return a kick off.

Having those players run down the field at full speed, was it an integral part of the game. Especially during the Super Bowl. If you’re going to bring up potential injuries, do you think that people should stop building roads or bridges out of fear of an injury? Or maybe we should play construction workers millions of dollars?

Then again we live in a society with the tons of young people playing on their phone all day … zonked out on drugs so they probably don’t give a damn

The kickoff was a traditional part of the game. And it is a bad thing that they got rid of it. In The sense that it’s going to be rare now for somebody to actually return a kick off.

Having those players run down the field at full speed, was it an integral part of the game. Especially during the Super Bowl. If you’re going to bring up potential injuries, do you think that people should stop building roads or bridges out of fear of an injury? Or maybe we should play construction workers millions of dollars?

Then again we live in a society with the tons of young people playing on their phone all day … zonked out on drugs so they probably don’t give a damn
The reason they changed the kickoff rules is that no one was returning kicks. 80% touchbacks. Down to 70% this year.

The reason they changed the kickoff rules is that no one was returning kicks. 80% touchbacks. Down to 70% this year.
That’s because sometime ago I believe they moved the kick off up 10 yards or so. That should’ve never happened. even with that at least players were still running down the field field.

This recent move is the nail in the coffin at least for the start of the game. Takes away from the players running down the field and in the Super Bowl that’s a huge part of the game optics wise

That’s because sometime ago I believe they moved the kick off up 10 yards or so. That should’ve never happened. even with that at least players were still running down the field field.

This recent move is the nail in the coffin at least for the start of the game. Takes away from the players running down the field and in the Super Bowl that’s a huge part of the game optics wise
Go watch a track and field meet. Was watching people run down the field on a touchback the exciting part of the football game?

trump does not like the new kick off rules, so he pitches a fit. Who cares what you think Donald. Yeah. Slamming the NFL is a great political move....Ha Ha
What does “biginning” mean?

Go watch a track and field meet. Was watching people run down the field on a touchback the exciting part of the football game?
The kickoff as it used to be was for A long time a tradition of the NFL.

If you prefer the new style that’s up to you.

The kickoff as it used to be was for A long time a tradition of the NFL.

If you prefer the new style that’s up to you.

And? It was a pointless and boring part of the game. 80% of the time it was just a touchback and that percentage was growing. Are the current rules perfect? Nope but I’m guessing the NFL will adjust them in the off season. One of the biggest reasons the NFL has maintained its dominance in US sports is its willingness to change.

And? It was a pointless and boring part of the game. 80% of the time it was just a touchback and that percentage was growing. Are the current rules perfect? Nope but I’m guessing the NFL will adjust them in the off season. One of the biggest reasons the NFL has maintained its dominance in US sports is its willingness to change.
Again about four or five years ago the NFL changed the kickoff rule move the kickoff up about 15 yards. That is why there were more touchbacks. They should not have done that. But at least even when they did that, they still had the players running down the field, which is the tradition of the NFL. it is the image of the Super Bowl the kickoff and the players running down the field. You could feel the energy. Now that it’s gone it’s a shame. I agree with Mr. Trump.

I believe the NFL is attempting to cater to a different generation. We live in a country where a lot of the young generation is zonked out on dope all the time. Staring at their phones all day, not paying attention to things. Also apparently the NFL perceives the youth to be very feminine. So they want to perhaps cut down on the physical part of the game. So yes, probably many of them will still watch the football games and they won’t care about these types of changes. Traditionalists will not like how things are going now. A lot of people say football is not as physical as it used to be. There’s too many unnecessary penalty calls

Bottom line is this is a matter of opinion you can have whatever opinion you want. I also prefer the old style of baseball. I don’t like their being a 30 second clock on the pitcher, I don’t like a pitcher having to face 3 batters before being able to be pulled, I don’t like a runner on second base in extra innings during the regular season, I don’t agree with the National League incorporating the designated hitter ….And so on and so forth.

Again about four or five years ago the NFL changed the kickoff rule move the kickoff up about 15 yards. That is why there were more touchbacks. They should not have done that. But at least even when they did that, they still had the players running down the field, which is the tradition of the NFL. it is the image of the Super Bowl the kickoff and the players running down the field. You could feel the energy. Now that it’s gone it’s a shame. I agree with Mr. Trump.

It was 5 yards. Kickers are kicking the beyond the endzone. You don’t even know the rules you’re crying about.
I believe the NFL is attempting to cater to a different generation. We live in a country where a lot of the young generation is zonked out on dope all the time. Staring at their phones all day, not paying attention to things. Also apparently the NFL perceives the youth to be very feminine. So they want to perhaps cut down on the physical part of the game. So yes, probably many of them will still watch the football games and they won’t care about these types of changes. Traditionalists will not like how things are going now. A lot of people say football is not as physical as it used to be. There’s too many unnecessary penalty calls
They are trying to eliminate non play plays. There are 50% more run backs this year vs last year. I thought that’s what you wanted. You just want bitch.
Bottom line is this is a matter of opinion you can have whatever opinion you want. I also prefer the old style of baseball. I don’t like their being a 30 second clock on the pitcher, I don’t like a pitcher having to face 3 batters before being able to be pulled, I don’t like a runner on second base in extra innings during the regular season, I don’t agree with the National League incorporating the designated hitter ….And so on and so forth.

Forum List

Back