Trump Stands Up for American Steelworkers

Where is your proof that Germans "cheat" and Americans are prevented from making steel as cheaply?
These fn morons are talking National Security as they make enemies of our neighbors? Hopefully Republicans pay the price for these tariffs and we'll see if they ask for another

They get even more tariffs if they deal with Iran. :113:
Only if the firm trading with Iran also trades with us.

Precisely. There are few industries that would quit the US market.
Ah, but that is the ultimate effect of tariffs. The theory of Reaganomics or Thatcherism is that totally open markets require accepting political sovereign states, so long as they practice open markets.

In this case Trump is doing two things, both of which I wasn't really opposed to in the mid 1970s. Everyone has a right to a job, no matter how inefficiently they perform the job - U.S. steelworkers. (and no, our uncompetiveness is not totally their fault, but unions bear some of the blame). And if you don't agree not to trade with whom we tell you not to trade with, we will close our markets to you.

I look at it this way, from my personal experiences, other nations are primarily state run, driven, influenced, manipulated and they trade with America based on free/open market, capitalist principles, when it's clear they do NOT exercise this themselves. So, U.S workers, especially the most vulnerable in manufacturing; are easily taken, stolen, bribed, whatever to be sent to other nations. Once moved, they are far less likely to come back.

As example, Canada paid $400M to GM to keep 4000 jobs in Ontario that were going back to Michigan and Ohio. Yes, GAVE them the money. Not loaned or based on contingencies. Are Canadians workers cheaper or better at their jobs? No of course not. The concept from the province and feds is that these jobs will keep giving tax dollars and trickle down in the economy.

This isn't free market capitalism. America is being screwed and will continue to be screwed.

Trump's fighting for American Workers. It's something we haven't seen from a US President in so many years. Most Americans have become accustomed to Globalists in both Parties throwing them overboard. That being said, Trump has made some very serious enemies in upsetting the Globalists. They want him out. I wish him all the best. I'm prayin for him.
You want to pay more for cars so someone else can have a job?

Trump's fighting for American Workers. It's something we haven't seen from a US President in so many years. Most Americans have become accustomed to Globalists in both Parties throwing them overboard. That being said, Trump has made some very serious enemies in upsetting the Globalists. They want him out. I wish him all the best. I'm prayin for him.

Time to get back to looking out for fellow Americans again. Good on Trump. :thup:

These fn morons are talking National Security as they make enemies of our neighbors? Hopefully Republicans pay the price for these tariffs and we'll see if they ask for another

Ah, but that is the ultimate effect of tariffs. The theory of Reaganomics or Thatcherism is that totally open markets require accepting political sovereign states, so long as they practice open markets.

In this case Trump is doing two things, both of which I wasn't really opposed to in the mid 1970s. Everyone has a right to a job, no matter how inefficiently they perform the job - U.S. steelworkers. (and no, our uncompetiveness is not totally their fault, but unions bear some of the blame). And if you don't agree not to trade with whom we tell you not to trade with, we will close our markets to you.

I look at it this way, from my personal experiences, other nations are primarily state run, driven, influenced, manipulated and they trade with America based on free/open market, capitalist principles, when it's clear they do NOT exercise this themselves. So, U.S workers, especially the most vulnerable in manufacturing; are easily taken, stolen, bribed, whatever to be sent to other nations. Once moved, they are far less likely to come back.

As example, Canada paid $400M to GM to keep 4000 jobs in Ontario that were going back to Michigan and Ohio. Yes, GAVE them the money. Not loaned or based on contingencies. Are Canadians workers cheaper or better at their jobs? No of course not. The concept from the province and feds is that these jobs will keep giving tax dollars and trickle down in the economy.

This isn't free market capitalism. America is being screwed and will continue to be screwed.

the reason GM exists is because the Federal Govt forced equity shareholders to lose everything, debt holders to take pennies on the dollar to forgvive debt, and the UAW OWNES GM. don't try an preach workers to me. Don't even try.

Time to get back to looking out for fellow Americans again. Good on Trump. :thup:
Why? What do I owe anyone? Who are you to take money from me?

the reason GM exists is because the Federal Govt forced equity shareholders to lose everything, debt holders to take pennies on the dollar to forgvive debt, and the UAW OWNES GM. don't try an preach workers to me. Don't even try.

Yes, and there are many who believes they should have gone bankrupt and reorganized rather than having the taxpayer bail them out. Secondly, GM is an American company, Canada doesn't have a domestic auto company.
Yet, we have 500k auto related jobs, how does that work?

Now there is a STRONG possibility that Mexico,Canada ,Europe Japan AND China gang up against us The pos in our WH should read How to win friends and influence people ,,but the dump fer doesn't read books No consentration

Now there is a STRONG possibility that Mexico,Canada ,Europe Japan AND China gang up against us The pos in our WH should read How to win friends and influence people ,,but the dump fer doesn't read books No consentration

'Winning Friends' is what the Globalists have been prescribing for years. And that's led to the loss of Millions of good-paying American Jobs. Let's stop 'Winning Friends' by selling American Workers out. Let's fight for them instead. And if that pisses some countries off, than so be it. It's time to look our for Citizens again.

'Winning Friends' is what the Globalists have been prescribing for years. And that's led to the loss of Millions of good-paying American Jobs. Let's stop 'Winning Friends' by selling American Workers out. Let's fight for them instead. And if that pisses some countries off, than so be it. It's time to look our for Citizens again.
There is a right way and a wrong Do you remember the days trump was bleating about the theft of intellectual property by China ?? He could have gotten our friends of the past Europe canada mexico japan to together get China in line Now they'll all be our advisaries {sp} Higher prices and unemployment is in our future Tax cuts?? Gone with the wind

There is a right way and a wrong Do you remember the days trump was bleating about the theft of intellectual property by China ?? He could have gotten our friends of the past Europe canada mexico japan to together get China in line Now they'll all be our advisaries {sp} Higher prices and unemployment is in our future Tax cuts?? Gone with the wind

If other countries have a problem with the US President fighting for his Citizens, then to hell with em. They aren't 'Friends.'

If other countries have a problem with the US President fighting for his Citizens, then to hell with em. They aren't 'Friends.'
Taxing us is fighting for us?

Where is your proof that Germans "cheat" and Americans are prevented from making steel as cheaply?

But again, if there was ANY proof that the EU was cheating at trade by dumping steel at less than its actual cost of production, then an argument can be made for tariffs that does not involve simply raising the cost of a product to support inefficient markets.
There used to be Democrats like Dick Gephart and Walter Mondale that fought for American workers. Now you have dipshit Pelosi and Kamala Harris that only fight culture wars for gays and blacks. These two idiots know nothing about U.S. manufacturing.

Bringing manufacturing jobs back to America. Why should China put a tariff up the ass on U.S. workers and we cannot do same to them?

China, Mexico and others are not our allies.

Bringing manufacturing jobs back to America. Why should China put a tariff up the ass on U.S. workers and we cannot do same to them?
I don’t see how taxing us is punishing them. Given we buy so much more from them it seems it is us being punished.

What’s wh conservatives. If you want to raise min wage , they freak out because it will increase costs . Trump wants to add tariffs , which will raise costs , you praise him to heaven .
Would you rather have a minimum wage job, or a job in heavy industry paying 4 times as much? Use logic next time.

Forum List

Back