🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump starts day with win in NMI and gets all 9 delegates

Hopefully the start of a wipe out against the supporter of Blacklivesdoesn'tmatters...Pay back time!

Has this always happened in American elections, I notice that Puerto Rico had their vote other day also, do they only get to vote in the Primaries or can they vote in the General Election also?

Trump Wins More Delegates Already – Before Super Tuesday Starts

From here:

mariana-trench-map-dots.jpg

Could this be the start of something?

Story @ Donald Trump Scores Another Primary Victory--And Earns Even More Delegates as Super Tuesday 3 Begins

Has this always happened in American elections, I notice that Puerto Rico had their vote other day also, do they only get to vote in the Primaries or can they vote in the General Election also?

Only in primaries

Wrong! Even though they are territories, they are US Citizens with all the rights and privileges to include voting.
The irony of the U.S. courts’ jurisprudence regarding Puerto Rico and other U.S. territories is that parties have decided that voters may participate in nomination contests, though they may not vote in the general election.
Puerto Rico and Other Territories Vote in Primaries, But Not in General Election - FairVote

Only states and the District of Columbia can assign electors for President.

"Only states and the District of Columbia can assign electors for President."

If that's the case, then what's the point of having Primaries and Caucuses in these other places, that can vote for the candidate they prefer, but in the actual General Election can't assign any electors? :confused-84:

If that's the case, then what's the point of having Primaries and Caucuses in these other places, that can vote for the candidate they prefer, but in the actual General Election can't assign any electors? :confused-84:

Because primaries and general elections are two entirely separate events, with entirely different purposes. Unlike what many "open primary" proponents like to think, primaries are not public elections, and were never intended to be. They are not for the purpose of choosing elected officials. They are events which the political parties conduct, for the purpose of allowing the political party to choose candidates. The political parties have made the decision to include the people of non-state territories in the process of choosing candidates.

Only in primaries

Wrong! Even though they are territories, they are US Citizens with all the rights and privileges to include voting.

Including Puerto Ricans having fought in all our wars at least since WW1. A Korean war combat veteran friend of mine said the Puerto Ricans were kick ass combat soldiers in North Korea, too.

Well, now that my knowledge of the voting process has been so carefully corrected - thanks to all - let me say that this is nothing more than a sop to those living in the territories. A way the political parties try to get their campaign donations.

Well, now that my knowledge of the voting process has been so carefully corrected - thanks to all - let me say that this is nothing more than a sop to those living in the territories. A way the political parties try to get their campaign donations.

Yes I agree, it's pretty unfair to allow them to vote in Primaries and then say they can't vote in General Election. I also was unaware that Washington DC itself is considered some sort of State, but now I read the District of Columbia is treated like a State during elections.

Forum List

Back